ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-Growth ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-Growth ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-Growth ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Value Oriented
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 10 Jul
₹ 148.06 by -0.21 ( -0.14%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate returns through a combination of dividend income and capital appreciation by investing primarily in a well-diversified portfolio of value stocks.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Value Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Tata Equity PE Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
IDFC Sterling Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Contra Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||10.12|
|Cars & Multi Utility Vehicles||8.95|
|Fund House||ICICI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Priyanka Khandelwal|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One BKC, A Wing , 13th Floor, Bandra Kurla Complex, undefined|
|Contact||022- 26525000, 1800 222 999, 1800 200 6666|
About ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund
It is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that aims to generate returns through dividend income and capital appreciation by predominantly investing in value stocks. It follows the value investment strategy while investing in equity stocks. The fund invests in emerging companies that have sustainable business models and high growth potential.
The value investment strategy involves buying “good stocks at cheap valuations”, after thorough research and analysis of the financial market and various companies. These firms are expected to grow exponentially in the future. The underlying idea is that these firms are undervalued either due to change in economic cycle or short-term problems afflicting the business.
The fund’s historical performance has been magnificent, with assets under management growing consistently over the years, even during bearish market phases.
Also Read: Best Value Funds for Investment
Who should invest in ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund?
- Individuals who have a decent knowledge of value investment strategy, and could understand its fundamentals, should opt for this fund, as it is quite difficult to comprehend the fund manager’s stock selection if one is not acquainted with the strategy.
- It is recommended to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in this fund, as it aims to deliver returns over a full market cycle and takes a long-term investment horizon (7-8 years) into consideration.
- To mitigate market risk arising out of investing only in emerging firms, the fund has also allocated substantial assets to large cap companies which gives stability to investment portfolio. Thus, the overall risk of the portfolio gets significantly reduced.
- Investors who have a bunch of growth-stocks as a part of their portfolio can opt this fund for diversification. This diversification in investment style adds value to the final capital gains made by an investor.
- Sometimes, for an equity stock to realise its full value might take a lot of time. This means that the investors may have to wait for years before making profits on their investment. If you have a short term investment horizon, it is better to opt for liquid funds such as Nippon India Liquid Fund or Franklin Ultra Short Bond Fund.
Will you pay tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹40000 on investment in ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹6000.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Value Oriented Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Also Read: Best SIP to Invest in FY 2019-20
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for the fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund takes 5-6 years to deliver significant returns , it is advisable to stay invested for at least 7 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this fund?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. Who is the fund manager of ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund?
A. Mr. Mrinal Singh, the fund manager of ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund has been managing the fund since February, 2011 and has 17 years of industrial experience.