ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - Growth ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - Growth ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - Growth ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PB Recommended Equity ELSS
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 10 Jul
₹ 369.24 by -1.69 ( -0.46%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing approximately 90 per cent of the investments in equity instruments, while the balance 10 per cent would be a parked in debt and money market instrument and cash ( Including-money at call).
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||2.36|
|Fund House||ICICI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Harish Bihani|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One BKC, A Wing , 13th Floor, Bandra Kurla Complex, undefined|
|Contact||022- 26525000, 1800 222 999, 1800 200 6666|
About ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund is an Equity Linked Savings Scheme that aims to substantially appreciate the invested capital over a long term investment horizon. This scheme also provides tax saving benefits. It comes with a statutory lock-in period of 3 years.
The fund allocates assets to a mix of large, mid and small cap stocks, and invests in firms with proficient management and sustainable business models. Since the returns are subjected to market risks, investors opting for this fund should have a moderate risk appetite.
Who Should Invest in ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund?
- If you’re looking for equity investment avenues that will deliver significant returns in the long run, along with providing tax saving benefit on investment, you can opt for this fund.
- This scheme is suitable for investors with long term investment horizon (preferably more than 3 years), as the fund has a minimum lock-in period of 3 years. Also, it has been observed that equity securities perform well in the long run, and this mandatory lock-in period ensures that the investors remain invested.
- Investors can save upto ₹1.5 lakh in taxes through investment in this fund, as an investment in this fund is eligible for tax deduction under Section 80(C) of the IT Act. Investors can leverage the tax benefit of this scheme, along with long term capital appreciation.
Taxation – How will this fund be taxed?
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
The returns from this fund are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax (LTCG) of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, LTCG of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Read More: How To Save Tax By Investing In Mutual Funds?
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘ELSS Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this Fund?
A. Since an investor cannot redeem the purchased units before 3 years, there is no applicable exit load on this fund.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for this fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. What is the expense ratio charged by the ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity fund?
A. The expense ratio charged by the aforementioned fund is 1.25%. (as of November 30, 2019)
Q. What are the Best Equity Linked Savings Schemes to invest in 2020?
A. Here is a list of top performing ELSS one can consider investing in 2020: