ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-Growth
PB Recommended Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Nov
₹ 46.71 by 0.65 ( 1.41%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation and income distribution to investors from a portfolio that is predominantly invested in equity and equity related securities of large cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||3.81|
|Fund House||ICICI Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Anish Tawakley|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One BKC, A Wing , 13th Floor, Bandra Kurla Complex, undefined|
|Contact||022- 26525000, 1800 222 999, 1800 200 6666|
What are Bluechip Mutual Funds?
Bluechip Mutual Funds predominantly invest in equity and equity related instruments of large cap companies. Large cap companies are those which have been ranked from 1-100 in terms of market capitalization by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). These companies have been in the market since a very long time and own a significant market share.
The term ‘blue chip’ comes from the game of poker where the blue gambling chips holds the highest value on the table. Similarly, the Blue Chip companies represent those companies from each industry that is well-established, stable earnings and have the highest market valuation.
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund is an open ended mutual fund scheme that invests more than 85% of the total assets in equity stocks of large cap companies, with the investment objective of long term capital appreciation.
The fund invests in high growth blue chip companies with tested business models and quality leadership, and follows a ‘buy and hold’ approach. This essentially means that the fund manager buys a security for a long term and doesn’t give in to the temptation of selling the stock during adverse market conditions.
The investment portfolio is well-diversified across various sectors, with top performers from each industry being a part of the portfolio. The top holdings of the fund include HDFC Bank, Infosys, ICICI Bank, etc.
What You Gain?
- Equity securities of large cap companies, have the ability to sail through turbulent market conditions because of their long operational history, and have proven to effectively mitigate market downside.
- The underlying stocks in the ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund have a good track record of delivering quality returns in the long run.
- This fund offers an opportunity to investors to grow their savings with the growth of leading companies.
What You Could Lose?
- Even though the investment is skewed towards companies with huge market capitalization, there’s a good chance these might not perform well as per the expectations of the fund manager and the investors, which may result in loss of invested capital.
- If you’ve a good appetite for risk, it is better to opt for midcap and small-cap funds as these have delivered better returns over the years. However, it should be noted that these companies are relatively less stable than the large cap companies.
Who Should Invest in ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund?
- If you’re a conservative investor, looking for reasonable returns over a particular investment horizon, this fund is a good investment option that will deliver consistent returns in the long run.
- If you’re not well-versed with the dynamics of financial markets, or don’t have time to regularly track the market sentiment, then you can opt for this fund to invest in India’s leading companies instead of independently selecting stocks.
How to invest in this fund online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Large Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
Q. What is the entry load for ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. How are returns from this fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for this fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. What is the expense ratio charged by the ICICI Prudential Bluechip fund?
A. The expense ratio charged by the aforementioned fund is 1.20%. (as of October 16, 2019)
Q. What are the Best Bluechip Mutual Funds to invest in 2019?
A. Here is a list of top performing bluechip/large cap funds one can consider investing in 2019: