HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 470.15 by 6.51 ( 2.44%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate capital appreciation / income from a portfolio, comprising predominantly of equity & equity related instruments.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||9.99|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||9.1|
|Fund House||HDFC Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Chirag Dagli|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'HDFC House'-2nd Floor, H.T. Parekh Marg - 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate|
|Contact||1800 3010 6767 / 1800 419 7676|
About HDFC Tax Saver Fund
This is an open-ended equity linked saving scheme with a statutory lock-in period of 3 years. HDFC Tax Saver Fund comes with twofold benefits of tax saving as well as wealth creation. This implies that your investments up to Rs.1.5 lakh will be eligible for deductions under Section 80C of the IT Act, 1961. The prime objective of this fund is capital appreciation or wealth creation with a portfolio consisting of 80 to 100% asset allocation in equity & equity related instruments.
With an equity driven portfolio, the scheme offers high returns over a long-term period from a reasonably diversified portfolio of mid-cap and large-cap companies. If you are willing to incorporate equity as an asset class in your investment portfolio, you can invest in this mutual fund using the SIP mode which is not just cost-efficient but also gives you the benefits of power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
Who should invest in this fund?
- As an ELSS, there is a 3-year lock-in period associated with this fund. Besides this, it is suggested that you must keep yourself invested for at least 5 to 7 years to get satisfactory returns. Thereby, investors with medium to long-term investment objectives should consider this scheme.
- If you are not sure about a long-term investment and may want to withdraw the money any sooner, avoid investing in this fund. Instead, you can invest in a good Liquid fund such as Axis Liquid Fund to enjoy easy liquidity.
- Investors who are not just seeking wealth creation but are interested in schemes that offer tax benefits can definitely opt for this scheme.
- Equity investments are riskier than debt or hybrid investments. Only those investors who have high-risk tolerance should invest in this fund.
Taxation- How is this fund taxed?
Investment returns from ELSS are taxed just like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Let’s say, you have ₹2 lakh taxable income in a given financial year, and you decide to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per your income tax slab.
Now, if you have made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraw the amount after the lock-in period ends, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50,000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5,000.
How to invest in HDFC Tax Saver Fund?
Follow the given steps to get started with your SIP or Lump Sum investment into HDFC Tax Saver Fund:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘ELSS’
- Start a manual search for ‘HDFC Tax Saver Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Why choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is an ELSS?
Ans. Equity Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS) is a type of mutual fund which invests in equity and equity related instruments to generate high returns. It comes with a lock-in period of 3 years and investments upto ₹1.5 lakh in ELSS are eligible for deduction from taxable income in a financial year.
Q. Is there any lock-in period in HDFC Tax Saver Fund?
Ans. Yes, since it is an ELSS, a 3 year statutory lock-in period is applied in this fund.
Q. What is the minimum investment amount?
Ans. Rs.500 is the minimum amount of investment for both SIP and Lump-sum investments.
Q. How are returns from the fund taxed?
Ans. Investments up to Rs. 1.5 Lakh Per annum in ELSS qualify for income deductions under section 80C of the Income Tax act. Long-term Capital Gains up to Rs.1 Lakh are tax-free.
Q. What is the exit load for the Fund?
Ans. There is no exit load applicable under this Mutual Fund.
Q. What is the entry load for the fund?
Ans. There is no entry load applied on this Fund.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is the strategy for investment?
Ans. This fund is managed by Mr. Vinay R. Kulkarni (since 2006) and Mr. Chirag Dagli (since 2019). Mr. Kulkarni is the Senior Fund Manager for equity in HDFC AMC with over 25 years of experience in investment management. Mr. Dagli is a Dedicated Fund Manager for Overseas Investments with over 19 years of professional experience in Investment and Equity research.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of this specific fund?
Ans. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 1.34% (Direct Plan) and 1.89% (Regular Plan).