HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 09 Jul
₹ 36.05 by 0.31 ( 0.86%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation /income by investing predominantly in Small-Cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||4|
|Tyres & Tubes||3.69|
|Domestic Electrical Applns.||3.65|
|Dyes & Pigments||2.53|
|Other Plastic Prod.||2.43|
|Fund House||HDFC Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Chirag Dagli|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'HDFC House'-2nd Floor, H.T. Parekh Marg - 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate|
|Contact||1800 3010 6767 / 1800 419 7676|
About HDFC Small Cap Fund:
An open-ended scheme with an aggressive investment stance, HDFC Small Cap Fund invests in smaller companies with a high growth potential, sound financial strength and a sustainable business model.
Around 70% of the total assets are allocated in to small cap stocks, with residual allocation to mid cap and large cap stocks. If you want to invest in a diverse portfolio, this is a suitable scheme with number of stocks in the portfolio ranging from 65-75.
Moreover, the fund has consistently beaten its benchmark and peers in terms of returns delivered. Additionally, it has contained losses better than its benchmark.
Also Read About: Small Cap Equity Funds
Who Should Invest in HDFC Small Cap Fund?
- If you are an individual with high risk appetite, looking for investment instruments that will generate quality returns in the long term (5-7 years), you could consider this scheme
- Since the majority of assets are invested in equity securities of companies that have high growth prospects and sustainable business models, you can earn substantial returns from this scheme in the long run
- If you are a risk-averse investor, you should be very careful while investing in this fund because even when there is a possibility of high returns, the risk exposure of investment is equally high. In this case, you can consider investing in large-cap funds such as SBI Bluechip Fund or Axis Bluechip Fund as large cap funds give comparatively higher returns with minimal risk involvement
- It is advisable to invest in the fund via the SIP mode in order to offset short-term risks from market fluctuations, gain advantages from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For example: If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. And, the payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in HDFC Small Cap Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Small Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of HDFC Small Cap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Mutual Fund Returns Calculator
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Also Read: What are the best mutual funds to invest?
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are Small Cap Funds?
A. Open ended mutual fund schemes that predominantly invest in equity and equity related instruments of small cap companies are known as small cap funds. Small cap companies are those which are ranked below 250 in terms of market capitalization as per ranking given by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
Q What is the entry load for the fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the better investment option- SIP or Lump Sum?
A. It is advisable for you to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in high risk mutual funds. Through SIP, you tend to buy more units when the market is down, and fewer units when the market is up. This helps in effectively mitigate market risk.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is sensitive to market fluctuations, it is advisable for you to stay invested for at least 3 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. If you redeem the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is the investment strategy?
A. The fund manager of this fund, Mr. Chirag Dagli has 15 years of professional experience in the equity markets. He actively manages the investment portfolio of this fund, and takes investing decisions in accordance with the market sentiment and thorough research of underlying firms. His stock selection is based on in-depth analysis of prospective companies, taking into account their business model, managerial skill set and long term outlook.