HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- Growth
PB Recommended Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Nov
₹ 41.51 by 0.49 ( 1.19%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation /income by investing predominantly in Small-Cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Media & Entertainment||2.63|
|Tyres & Tubes||2.6|
|Wires & cables||2.49|
|Hotels & Restaurants||2.4|
|Other Plastic Prod.||2.38|
|Fund House||HDFC Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Chirag Dagli|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'HDFC House'-2nd Floor, H.T. Parekh Marg - 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate|
|Contact||1800 3010 6767 / 1800 419 7676|
What are Small Cap Funds?
Open ended mutual fund schemes that predominantly invest in equity and equity related instruments of small cap companies are known as small cap funds. Small cap companies are those which are ranked below 250 in terms of market capitalization as per ranking given by Securities and Exchange Board of India SEBI.
Also Read: Small Cap Equity Funds
About HDFC Small Cap Fund:
An open-ended scheme with an aggressive investment stance, HDFC Small Cap Fund is one of the most popular mutual fund schemes offered by HDFC Asset Management Company.
It invests in companies that present high growth potential, has sound financial strength, and a sustainable business model. It has allocated around 70% of its total assets to small cap stocks, with residual allocation to mid cap and large cap stocks.
The fund manager of this fund, Mr. Chirag Dagli has 15 years of professional experience in the equity markets. He actively manages the investment portfolio of this fund, and takes investing decisions in accordance with the market sentiment and thorough research of underlying firms. His stock selection is based on in-depth analysis of prospective companies, taking into account their business model, managerial skill set and long term outlook.
What You Gain?
- Since the majority of assets are invested in equity securities of companies that have high growth prospects and sustainable business models, individuals can earn substantial returns from this scheme in the long run.
- The fund has consistently beaten its benchmark and peers in terms of returns delivered. Additionally, it has contained losses better than its benchmark. It also has a well diversified portfolio with number of stocks in the portfolio ranging from 65-75.
- One of the biggest advantages of HDFC Small Cap Fund is its stable fund management team. Mr. Chirag Dagli comes with 15 years of industrial experience and is quite proficient in selecting the right stock at the right time.
What You Can Lose?
- With the possibility of high returns, the accompanied risk exposure of investment becomes equally high. Hence, there is a fair chance that an individual could lose his/her invested capital.
Who Should Invest in HDFC Small Cap Fund?
- Individuals with high risk appetite, looking for investment instruments that will generate quality returns in the long run can consider this fund for investment.
- However, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in high risk mutual funds. Through SIP, you tend to buy more units when the market is down, and fewer units when the market is up. This helps in effectively mitigating market risk.
How to Invest in HDFC Small Cap Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Small Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of HDFC Small Cap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Mutual Fund Returns Calculator
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
Q. What is the entry load for HDFC Small Cap Fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for HDFC Small Cap Fund.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in HDFC Small Cap Fund?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for HDFC Small Cap Fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is sensitive to market fluctuations, it is advisable to stay invested for at least 3 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. How are returns from HDFC Small Cap Funds Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the exit load for HDFC Small Cap Fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.