HDFC Low Duration Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Low Duration Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Low Duration Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Low Duration Fund Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Debt Low Duration
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 18 Sep
₹ 46.15 by 0.02 ( 0.04%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate income / capital appreciation through investment in debt securities and money market instruments.
Returns are taxed at Marginal rate of taxation, if you redeem before 36 months. Gains on debt mutual funds held for 36 months or more are treated as long-term capital gains and taxed at the rate of 20% after indexation benefits. Indexation is a technique to adjust tax payments by employing a price index which adjusts for inflation.
ICICI Prudential Savings Fund Direct Plan -GrowthDebt
Nippon India Low Duration Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
HDFC Low Duration Fund Direct Plan-GrowthDebt
SBI Magnum Low Duration Fund Direct Plan-GrowthDebt
UTI Treasury Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
Aditya Birla Sun Life Low Duration Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
Kotak Low Duration Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
DSP Low Duration Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
Tata Treasury Advantage Direct Plan-GrowthDebt
IDFC Low Duration Fund Direct-GrowthDebt
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Fund House||HDFC Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Chirag Dagli|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'HDFC House'-2nd Floor, H.T. Parekh Marg - 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate|
|Contact||1800 3010 6767 / 1800 419 7676|
HDFC Low Duration Fund is an open ended Low Duration Fund that invests in bonds, debentures and money market instruments. It invests in these fixed income securities that have low Macaulay Duration/Average Maturity ranging from 6 months to 12 months. This Debt fund seeks to generate regular income for its investors by generating returns that commensurate with low levels of interest rate risks.
It invests majorly in AAA, AA and A1+ rated debt securities and its top holdings include Tata Teleservices, Axis Bank, HDFC, Reliance Industries, etc.
Who should Invest?
- Investors seeking short term investment plan to park their idle money so as to gain some returns on it
- Investors with moderate risk appetite
- Investors looking out for stable income
- Investors wanting low risk profile but higher liquidity
- If you want an alternative for bank deposits to get better returns than FDs
- It is recommended that retail investors/individual investors should rather opt for Liquid Funds than Low Duration Funds To avoid any sort of complexity and as the name states Liquid Funds have the highest liquidity among Debt Funds. Liquid Funds mature in 3 months whereas HDFC Low Duration Fund or any Low Duration Fund matures between 6-12 months.
HDFC Low Duration Fund carries lower risks than Equity Funds. It is a Debt Fund with lower exposure to market risks and because of its smaller maturity time, the risks are all the more negligible. However, credit risk is associated if the bond issuer fails to repay the invested money. Although interest risks are associated with it but it is less likely to happen because of its short maturity.
Will You Pay Tax?
If the fund is held for more than 3 years, then the returns drawn on it will be Long Term Capital Gains and taxed at 20% with indexation and also applicable surcharges. If it is withdrawn before 36 months, then it will be considered as Short Term Capital Gains and taxation will be as per the tax slab of the investors. Also, the dividends may be charged TDS of 10% before payouts.
How to invest in HDFC Low Duration Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of HDFC Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Type and search directly by the name of HDFC Low Duration Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why should you choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), Expense Ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Should you invest in HDFC Low Duration Fund?
Ans. If you’re an investor with low risk tolerance wanting a secure investment scheme, then you may go for this. In case you are looking for high returns and ready to bear higher risks then invest in some Equity Funds. You can go for a safer option among Equity Funds such as Large Cap Funds.
Q. Is it beneficial to invest via open-ended (lumpsum) or SIP?
Ans. SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) is considered an efficient and convenient mode of investment that is beneficial in the long term investment. It also reduces financial burden as one needs to invest periodically and provides the benefit of rupee cost averaging. However, it has limited benefits in Debt Funds and is more suitable for Equity, so you might consider investing Lump Sum in this fund.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
Ans. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the Exit Load for this scheme?
Ans. There is no Exit Load on this fund.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
Ans. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. What is the fund manager’s style of investment?
Ans. Anupam Joshi is the fund manager who invests in a diversified mix of debt (including securitised debt) and other instruments so as to provide good returns to the investors.