HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Hybrid Aggressive Hybrid
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 53.99 by 0.75 ( 1.76%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Scheme seeks to generate capital appreciation / income from a portfolio, predominantly of equity & equity related instruments
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Equity & Debt Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
SBI Equity Hybrid Fund Direct Plan-GrowthHybrid
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Hybrid '95 Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
Nippon India Equity Hybrid Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
L&T Hybrid Equity Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
DSP Equity & Bond Direct-GrowthHybrid
UTI Hybrid Equity Fund Direct Fund-GrowthHybrid
Tata Hybrid Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthHybrid
JM Equity Hybrid Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
Axis Equity Hybrid Fund Direct - GrowthHybrid
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Fund House||HDFC Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Chirag Dagli|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'HDFC House'-2nd Floor, H.T. Parekh Marg - 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate|
|Contact||1800 3010 6767 / 1800 419 7676|
About HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund
HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund is an open-ended aggressive hybrid fund which follows the strategy of investing 65% to 80% of the resources into equity with an objective of building a portfolio with companies which have a fair chance of growth and sound financial strength.
Aggressive Hybrid Mutual Funds form the category of funds which works under a mandated ratio of 65%-80% assets allocated into equity and 20%-35% into debt securities. Under Hybrid Funds, the fund managers allocate assets into equity and debt according to the investment objective of the investors. These plans could be attractive for conservative investors, who do not want to bet all their investment into equities.
Who Should Invest in HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund?
- If you are willing to venture into long-term investment plan for capital appreciation, this is a significant option. It is advised to be invested for at least 5 years in order to enjoy satisfactory returns
- Under this fund, equity investments play a dominant role which makes it only moderately risky. If you have a high risk appetite, you can choose this fund for eventually higher returns. On the other hand, conservative hybrid funds such as ICICI Prudential Regular Savings Fund can be opted if you’re a risk averse investor
- Aggressive Hybrid funds are high income yielding schemes which propels consistent, long-term returns by investing in equity
- Your investment portfolio will get enough time to grow as the suggested investment period for this fund is 3 years or more
- If you are keen on investing in the fund it is advisable to go via the SIP mode. You should also be aware of how the fund is to be treated for taxation at the end of the year (as debt oriented or equity)
- Being a member of Aggressive Hybrid Fund category, this fund tends to levy a relatively higher expense ratio (177% for Regular Plans and 117% for Direct Plans) from the profits made
Will You Pay Tax?
There is tax exemption on capital gains up to Rs. 1 lakh in case the units of the fund are sold after completion of 1 year of investment. And, gains above Rs. 1 lakh are taxed at 10%.
Also, if the units of the fund are sold within 1 year of investment, the entire amount of gains are taxed at 15%.
For instance, If your investment into an equity fund has made a capital gain of ₹50,000, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if you withdraw the amount within one year of investment. And, the payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if there is a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and this amount is withdrawn after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50,000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
Follow the steps and invest in the fund with no commissions and extra charges:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Aggressive Hybrid Funds’
- Start a manual search for ‘HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
- Paisabazaar allows investors to compare different Mutual Funds before making any investments
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar.com?
- It is a trusted website for its financial services
- No commissions or hidden charges applied
- Investors are not asked to indulge into any kind of paperwork
- Allows the users to compare more than 1500 Mutual Funds under one roof and saves them from visiting multiple websites for each AMC
- Easy Access to different categories of funds- ELSS, Hybrid, Equity, Debt etc
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the suggested investment period in HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund?
A. It is suggested that the investors must invest their resources in this fund for at least 3 years to get expected returns.
Q. Which is the best investment mode, SIP or Lump Sum?
A. Investments can be through both the modes SIP and Lump Sum. However, SIP is more convenient, less-risky and also gives the benefit of rupee cost averaging.
Q. What is the minimum investment amount for the fund?
A. If you want to start a SIP, the minimum investment amount is Rs.500. However, Rs.5000 is minimum investment amount for a lump sum.
Q. How are returns from this fund taxed?
A. The Short Term Capital gains earned on withdrawal of units of Mutual Funds before 365 days of investment are taxed at 15%. Whereas, the long-term capital gains (LTCG) earned on redemption after completion of 1 -year are tax-free up to Rs. 1 lakh. One thing to note about aggressive hybrid funds is that at the end of the financial year one has to confirm with the AMC as to how the fund will be treated (whether debt or equity) in terms of taxation.
Q. What is the exit load for the fund?
A. Exit load of 1% is applied in case the units are redeemed within 1 year from the date of allotment. Also, no exit load is applied in case the units are redeemed or switched out after completion of 1 year of allotment.
Q. What is the entry load for the fund?
A. There is no entry load applied on this fund.
Q. Who are the fund Managers? What is their strategy of investments?
A. The fund managers, Mr. Chirag Setalvad and Mr. Amar Kalkundrikar, place the allocation of assets into companies with sustainable business models and acceptable valuations offering enough potential for capital appreciation. They have invested into sectors such as Finance, Technology, Energy and Chemicals in order to cultivate sound financial strength.