HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Value Oriented
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 09 Jul
₹ 263.97 by 1.97 ( 0.75%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to achieve capital appreciation/income in the long term by primarily investing in undervalued stocks.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Value Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Tata Equity PE Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
IDFC Sterling Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Contra Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||8.36|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.82|
|Fund House||HDFC Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Chirag Dagli|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'HDFC House'-2nd Floor, H.T. Parekh Marg - 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate|
|Contact||1800 3010 6767 / 1800 419 7676|
HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that aims to achieve capital appreciation and income in the long run by primarily investing in undervalued stocks.
Undervalued stocks are generally referred to as the ones that are trading at prices below their intrinsic value as measured by potential earnings or asset values, and/or future cash flow growth.
The fund will generally maintain a portfolio where it invests at least 50% of its equity assets in stocks where the Trailing Price/Earnings Ratio is lower than the corresponding median of the current stocks in the Benchmark Index.
Who should Invest in HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
- Investors who have a deep knowledge of the macro trends of the economy and prefer to take selective bets in exchange for higher returns
- An investor should consider investing in value oriented funds only if they have the risk appetite for accepting moderate to high losses with their investments
- The investors of this fund must have a longer investment horizon, a minimum of 5 years, to be specific
- Investors who are willing to invest with the idea of appreciating their capital in the long term
Taxation- How is this fund taxed?
- If the fund’s units are sold within 1 year from the date of investment, Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) at 15% is levied on the entire amount of gains
- If the fund’s units are sold after 1 year from the date of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax (LTCG) is levied on the gains at 10%. However, gains upto Rs.1 Lakh in a financial year are exempt from any tax liabilities
- The dividends paid by the mutual fund scheme are taxed at 11.64% (inclusive of surcharge and cess). The investor does not have to pay this tax directly as it will be deducted from his/her dividend income
How to invest in HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
Follow the given steps to get started with your SIP or Lump Sum investment into HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Equity: Value Oriented’
- Start a manual search for ‘HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Why choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Who is the fund manager of this fund? What is their investment strategy?
Ans: HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund is managed by Mr.Miten Lathia since August 2010. Mr. Lathia is a graduate in B.Com Honors and is a certified CFA. He has previously worked with BRICS Securities Ltd., Enam Securities Ltd. and SSKI Securities Pvt. Ltd.
The fund manager follows a contrarian style of investing, which attempts to find stocks that are priced significantly lower than what the fund management team believes of their actual value.
Ques: What is the objective of HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
Ans: The fund seeks to achieve capital appreciation/income in the long term by primarily investing in undervalued stocks.
Ques: What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund?
Ans: Expense Ratio is the fee charged from an investor for managing his money and allocating it to stocks that further help him earn returns from his investments. Expense Ratio of this fund has been fixed at 2.30%.
Ques: Is there any Exit Load on this fund?
Ans: The fund charges an Exit Load of 1% if the fund’s units are redeemed within one year of allotment. If the units are redeemed after one year from the date of allotment, no Exit Load will be applied.
Ques: Is there any lock-in period in this fund?
Ans: No, the fund does not have any lock-in period.
Ques: What is the minimum and maximum limit for investment in this fund?
Ans: While investing through the SIP mode, the minimum that must be paid is Rs.500. There is no maximum limit on the investment made.