HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan-Growth HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Hybrid Dynamic Asset Allocation
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 01 Apr
₹ 152.82 by -4.36 ( -2.77%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Scheme seeks to provide long term capital appreciation / income from a dynamic mix of equity and debt investments.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Direct-GrowthHybrid
Aditya Birla Sun Life Balanced Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
Kotak Balanced Advantage Fund Direct - GrowthHybrid
Axis Dynamic Equity Fund Direct - GrowthHybrid
Motilal Oswal Dynamic Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan-GrowthHybrid
Invesco India Dynamic Equity Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
Franklin India Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund of Funds Direct-GrowthHybrid
IDFC Dynamic Equity Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
DSP Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund Direct-GrowthHybrid
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Coal & Lignite||4.3|
|Fund House||HDFC Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Chirag Dagli|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'HDFC House'-2nd Floor, H.T. Parekh Marg - 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate|
|Contact||1800 3010 6767 / 1800 419 7676|
About HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund
HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund is a dynamic asset allocation fund predominantly investing in equity and equity related instruments of different companies. In its portfolio, 83.84% of the assets are allocated into Equities, 14.54% into Debt Securities and the remainder into Cash & Cash Equivalents. From the dynamic mix of equity and debt investments, the fund seeks to provide long term capital appreciation or income to its investors. ICICI Bank, Infosys, State Bank of India, Larsen & Toubro, Reliance Industries are top five equity holdings under the HDFC Fund.
The open-ended Mutual Fund schemes with dynamic asset allocation are called Balanced Advantage Funds. These Funds are a part of Hybrid Funds following the strategy of investing dynamically into equities and debt securities. These Mutual Funds tend to deliver higher returns during high market volatility.
Under Balanced Advantage funds, the fund managers are allowed to adjust the portfolio according to market conditions. This re-balancing saves the investors from bearing losses in the market turbulences
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- If you are an investor who can be flexible with your corpus being adjusted into equity and debt instruments according to the market conditions, this is a suitable investment option for you
- If you are seeking Long term Capital Appreciation/income and moderate risk schemes
- Since these Mutual Funds carry a balanced ratio between equity and debt instruments, the investor’s risk is reduced. Hence, these funds are beneficial for the investors who are not willing to take any risks
- Despite the fact that this is a Hybrid Fund with approximately 25% of assets into equity & debt securities, the fund has delivered in-line returns as compared to equity-diversified schemes. You can consider ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage for investment which has given slightly better returns as compared to HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund
Also Read: Which mutual funds are best for long term?
Will I Pay Tax?
If the units of the fund are sold after completion of 3 years of investment, capital gains are taxed at 20% after indexation benefit. However, if the units are sold before completion of 3 years of investment, the whole gains are considered as income of the investor and taxes are charged according to the applicable slab rate. Moreover, if you keep your assets invested, no tax is to be paid on the units.
How to Invest in this Fund?
To invest in this fund, follow these steps and choose lump sum or SIP:
- Go to Paisabazaar.com and navigate to ‘Investments’
- Choose ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Balanced Advantage Fund’
- Start a manual search for ‘HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund’
- Select from lump sum or SIP option
- Select amount to invest
- Now, enter all the personal details required and proceed to make payment
On Paisabazaar, you can also execute a detailed comparison between different Funds and Fund types to make sure the investments are rightly made.
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar.com?
- It is a trusted website for its financial services
- No commissions or hidden charges applied
- Investors are not asked to indulge into any kind of paperwork
- Allows the users to compare more than 1500 Mutual Funds under one roof and saves them from visiting multiple websites for each AMC
- Easy Access to different categories of funds- ELSS, Hybrid, Equity, Debt etc
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the minimum investment amount for HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund?
A. If you want to start a SIP, the minimum investment amount is Rs.500. However, Rs.5000 is minimum investment amount for a lump sum.
Q. What should be the mode of investment in this fund? SIP or Lump sum?
A. The mode of investment depends upon your financial goal. But, it is always better to choose SIP because it doesn’t ask the individuals to invest the whole amount in one go, anyone can start their investment with a nominal amount and avail benefits of power of compounding and rupee cost averaging.
Q. How are returns from this HDFC Fund taxed?
A. In case the holding period is less than 1 year, Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) Tax is levied which is 15% of the gains incurred. In case the holding period is more than 1 year, Long Term Capital Gains tax of 10% is charged, without the benefit of indexation. This 10% is levied on gains above Rs. 1 lakh. LTCG below Rs. 1 lakh are exempted from taxation.
Q. What is the exit load for the Fund?
A. Exit load of 1% is applied in case the units are redeemed within 1 year from the date of allotment. Also, no exit load is applied in case the units are redeemed or switched out after completion of 1 year of allotment.
Q. What is the entry load for the Fund?
A. No entry load is required to buy units of this fund
Q. What is the latest NAV under HDFC Fund?
A. The latest NAV under the HDFC fund is Rs.26.619
Q. What is the expense ratio under this Fund?
A. 1.67% is the expense ratio involved in this fund.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is his investment strategy?
A. The fund manager Mr. Prashant Jain, since June 2000, has been strategically planning the portfolio of the fund to ensure maximum returns and consistent income. He has incorporated assets worth 42 Crores into sectors with acceptable valuation such as Finance, Energy, Technology and Construction sector for capital appreciation.