Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 50.84 by 1.02 ( 2.05%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Fund seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in small companies. cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|ACs & Refrigerators||2.75|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||2.56|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.5|
|Cotton & Blended Yarn||2.46|
|Fund House||Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Mayank Bukrediwala|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Indiabulls Finance Center, Tower 2, 12th and 13th Floor, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road (West)|
About Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund
Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund focuses predominantly on investing in companies with smaller market capitalization. As defined by SEBI, small cap companies are the ones whose market capitalization is less than 5,000 crore. These companies are mainly startups, who have entered the market in the recent years and are aspiring to grow and make a mark.
Since, there are only predictions that the company might perform very well or may go down into losses, investments in such companies involve high risk of losses along with chances of delivering higher returns. Compared to the stocks that invest in companies of larger capitalization, such funds tend to fall more when the stock prices fall.
Who should Invest in Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund?
- Investors who are willing to invest for higher returns in the long term
- Investors of Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund must be able to afford a reasonable amount of risk with their investments
- The investors must have a minimum of 7 years of investment horizon in order to gain from returns that are capable of beating the inflation
- Investors who are looking for investment options to support their retirement, higher education or long term financial plans may consider investing in this fund
Taxation- How is this fund taxed?
- If the fund’s units are sold within 1 year from the date of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax (STCG) is levied on the entire amount of gains at 15%
- If the fund’s units are sold after 1 year from the date of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax (LTCG) is levied on the gains over Rs.1 Lakh in a financial year at 10% after providing the benefits of indexation. Capital gains up to Rs. 1 Lakh will be exempt from tax
- The dividends paid by the mutual fund scheme are taxed at 11.64% (inclusive of surcharge and cess). The investor does not have to pay this tax directly as it will be deducted from his/her dividend income
How to invest in Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund?
Follow the given steps to get started with your SIP or Lump Sum investment into Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Equity’
- Start a manual search for ‘Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Why Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Who is the fund manager of this fund? What is his/her professional background?
Ans: The fund is managed by Mr. R Janakiraman since February 2008 and Mr. Hari Shyamsunder since May 2016. Prior to this, Mr. Janakiraman has worked with Indian Syntans Inv. Pvt. Ltd., Citicorp Information Tech Ltd., and UTI Securities Exchange Ltd. Mr. Shyamsunder, was working with BG India Pvt. Ltd. before joining Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund. Both the fund managers invest in small companies that are likely to grow, resulting in capital appreciation in the long time.
Ques: What is the objective of Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund?
Ans: Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in companies with smaller capitalization.
Ques: What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund?
Ans: Expense Ratio is the fee charged from an investor for managing his money and allocating it to stocks that further help him earn returns from his investments. Expense Ratio of this fund has been fixed at 2.04%.
Ques: Is there any Exit Load on this fund?
Ans: The fund charges an Exit Load of 1% if the fund’s units are redeemed within one year of allotment. If the units are redeemed after one year from the date of allotment, no Exit Load will be applied.
Ques: Is there any lock-in period in this fund?
Ans: No, the fund does not have any lock-in period.
Ques: What is the minimum and maximum limit for investment in this fund?
Ans: While investing through the SIP mode, the minimum that must be paid is Rs.500. There is no maximum limit on the investment made.