Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Apr
₹ 35.36 by -0.66 ( -1.84%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Fund seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in small companies. cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.89|
|Cotton & Blended Yarn||2.64|
|ACs & Refrigerators||2.58|
|Dyes & Pigments||2.22|
|Fund House||Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Pyari Menon|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||Indiabulls Finance Center, Tower 2, 12th and 13th Floor, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road (West)|
About Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund
An open-ended equity scheme that invests in small cap companies across various sectors. It primarily looks for companies that have the potential to become future market leaders, even though they have low market capitalization currently.
Investment in this fund aids in the diversification of your investment portfolio by providing exposure to emerging businesses and not just the established business houses. The latter’s exponential growth will give a jump to your overall capital gains.
The fund is well diversified in terms of sector allocation, with total assets under management invested in financial, construction, services sector, etc. It has allocated around 18% of the assets in the financial sector.
Also Read: Small Cap Equity Funds
Who Should Invest in Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund?
- If you’re an aggressive investor, with high risk appetite, you can consider this fund for investment.
- If an individual has a long term investment horizon (5-7 years) with the financial goal of wealth creation, this fund offers an amazing opportunity for substantial capital appreciation. When the market is bullish, small cap funds outperform large cap and mid cap funds owing to their high growth prospects.
- According to historical return data, it has been noted that Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund has underperformed compared to its peers and benchmark in the short run. Therefore, this fund is not a good option if you wish to earn substantial returns in a short time frame. If you want to earn significant returns in the short term, you can opt for debt funds such as Franklin Ultra Short Bond Fund.
- This fund is suitable for investors who have experienced market volatility in the past, as the amateur investors might panic during bearish markets when the returns are low, or maybe in negative. This panic leads to withdrawal before the suggested investment period, thereby, resulting in low returns or losses.
Will you pay tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Small Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund?
A. R Janakiraman, the fund manager of Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund has been managing the fund from the past 10 years, and owing to his excellent investment skills and proficient stock selection, the fund has delivered historical performance in the long time frame.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is highly sensitive to market fluctuations, it is advisable to stay invested for at least 5 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q.Is there any lock-in period for investment in this scheme?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.