DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-Growth
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 14 Nov
₹ 53.28 by 0.07 ( 0.13%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate medium to long-term capital appreciation from a diversified portfolio that is substantially constituted of equity and equity related securities of corporates, and to enable investors avail of deduction from total income, as permitted under the income tax act.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Taxgain Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||3.98|
|Paints & Varnishes||2.59|
|Fund House||DSP Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Rohit Singhania|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||NATRAJ, Office No. 302-3rd Floor-Plot No. 194, MV Road Junction Western Express Highway, Andheri East|
What is DSP Tax Saver Fund?
DSP Tax Saver Fund is an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, with around 94.46% of its investments in Indian stocks, out of which 65.75% are in large cap, 8.93% in mid cap and the remaining 10.25% in small cap stocks. The fund’s portfolio is predominated by equity and equity related investments. The scheme aims to generate medium and long term capital value such that the investors may avail benefits of tax deduction under Section 80C.
Launched in January 2007, the fund is being managed by Mr. Rohit Singhania since July 2015. An MMS by education, Rohit was working with HDFC Securities Ltd. and IL&FS Investment Limited before joining DSPBR AMC as a Fund Manager.
Who Should Invest?
- The scheme is suitable for investors with a smaller risk appetite
- Investors who are willing to invest their money for a period of at least 3 years may consider investing in this fund
- Being an equity linked savings scheme, the fund is suitable for investors who wish to gain from additional tax benefits
- You can also look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, as it gives an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical return data and portfolio attributes
What You Could Gain?
- There is no exit load applicable on the investments made in this fund
- Since the fund comes under the ELSS category, investments made will help investors save taxes of up to 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act
What You Could Lose?
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being an equity large and mid-cap fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in this fund
- The fund involves a moderately higher level of risk
- The fund has an Expense Ratio of 0.86% applicable every year
Taxation- How Will They be Taxed?
Investments made in DSP Tax Saver Fund are eligible for a tax deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The scheme also allows a 2-in-1 benefit of investing and tax deduction, along with greater diversification of risk control and a 360-degree research. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, HDFC Prudence Fund has a lock-in period of 3 years, which is considered the lowest among all the tax saving alternatives in the country.
How to Invest in DSP Tax Saver Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘ELSS Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of DSP Tax Saver Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are large cap funds?
Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with larger market capitalization are called large cap funds. These companies are usually the ones with a good track record and are known to be well established players in the market.
Q. Does this scheme come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. Yes, this fund is an Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) and hence, is eligible for tax exemption of upto Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this particular scheme have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. No, the fund does not have an Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of this specific fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 0.86%.
Q. Is there a lock-in period for this scheme?
A. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, the fund has a lock-in period of 3 years.