DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-Growth DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-Growth DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-Growth DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Jul
₹ 52.25 by 0.20 ( 0.37%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The aim of the fund is to seek long-term capital appreciation by investing in a portfolio that is substantially constitutes of stocks of small cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||6.87|
|Dyes & Pigments||5.94|
|Drugs & Pharma||3.4|
|Steel Tubes & Pipes||3.16|
|Other Plastic Prod.||2.82|
|Steel Tubes & Pipes||2.57|
|Fund House||DSP Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Resham Jain|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||NATRAJ, Office No. 302-3rd Floor-Plot No. 194, MV Road Junction Western Express Highway, Andheri East|
About DSP Small Cap Fund
This is an open-ended Equity Mutual Fund which has a major portion of its assets allocated into equities and equity related instruments/stocks of small-cap companies. DSP Small Cap Fund has been performing consistently in its category as its portfolio has a record of allocations made into high-performing companies.
This fund will help you reach your long-term capital escalation goal and get decent returns with the assistance of an efficient management and their competitive approach.
Also Read: Small Cap Funds
The fund predominantly invests in Chemicals, Textiles and Construction sectors. The companies under the top holdings are: Atul Limited, IPCA Laboratories Ltd., DCB Bank Ltd., SRF Ltd., APL Apollo Tubes Ltd. etc. The latest NAV of the Mutual Fund is recorded as 51.66 Crores followed by 91.51% of assets allocated into equities and the remainder into Cash & Cash Equivalents.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- If you are an investor with high risk appetite, you can opt for this fund. It is hard to find dividends in small-cap funds because small-cap companies often reinvest their profits on expansion of businesses. You can consider investing into large-cap funds such as Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund or Axis Bluechip Fund which gives decent returns with minimal risks
- You can invest in DSP small cap fund if you are seeking a long-term investment option. It is advised that individuals must keep the assets invested in the scheme for at least 5 years to get satisfactory returns
- Investors who want to earn decent returns by allocating assets into high-potential companies and efficient management should consider investing in this fund
Will You Pay Tax?
- In case the units of the scheme are not sold or redeemed within 1 year of investment, Capital Gains up to Rs. 1 lakh are exempted from tax payments. And, Capital gains above 1 lakh are taxed 10%
- If the units of mutual fund are sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment, 15% tax is imposed on the entire amount of gains
For an example:
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in DSP Small Cap Using Paisabazaar?
- First, Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Now, Scroll to ‘Small-Cap Funds’
- After that, Start a manual search for ‘DSP Small Cap Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar.com?
- It is a trusted website for its financial services
- No commissions or hidden charges applied
- Investors are not asked to indulge into any kind of paperwork
- Allows the users to compare more than 1500 Mutual Funds under one roof and saves them from visiting multiple websites for each AMC
- Easy Access to different categories of funds- ELSS, Hybrid, Equity, Debt etc
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the entry load for DSP Small Cap Fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for the aforementioned fund.
Q. Can I invest through SIP?
A. Yes, you can start your investments in this fund with a nominal cost of Rs.500 via SIP. Systematic Investment Plans help you offset short-term risks from market fluctuations, gain advantages from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is sensitive to market fluctuations, it is advisable to stay invested for at least 3 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. How are returns from the fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the exit load for DSP Small Cap Fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who manages this fund? What is his investment strategy?
A. This fund is managed by Vinit Sambre, Resham Jain and Jay Kothari. Both of them are professional managers with no less than 10 years of experience in portfolio defining. To achieve favourable portfolio construction, the managers further seek participation in other equity securities as well.