DSP Midcap Direct Plan-Growth DSP Midcap Direct Plan-Growth DSP Midcap Direct Plan-Growth DSP Midcap Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Mid Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 07 Aug
₹ 61.29 by 0.25 ( 0.41%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to generate long term capital appreciation from a portfolio that is substantially constituted of equity and equity related securities of midcap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Franklin India Prima Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Midcap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Emerging Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Midcap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mid Cap Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||5.05|
|Tyres & Tubes||4|
|Drugs & Pharma||3.64|
|Dyes & Pigments||3.23|
|Other Plastic Prod.||3.23|
|Fund House||DSP Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Resham Jain|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||NATRAJ, Office No. 302-3rd Floor-Plot No. 194, MV Road Junction Western Express Highway, Andheri East|
About DSP Midcap Fund
DSP Midcap Fund is an open-ended equity scheme that primarily invests in equity stocks of mid-cap companies, aiming to substantially appreciate the investor’s capital. The fund has grown exponentially in terms of total assets under management.
The stable fund management team and thorough research in picking up the right stock at the right time has led to a notable rise in the Net Asset Value (NAV) of the fund.
The fund also looks at a business’s probability of jumping from its mid-cap status to large-cap status, during stock selection for the investment portfolio. If the probability of upward migration is high, then it is considered a good stock for investment.
Also Read: Mid Cap Equity Mutual Funds
Who Should Invest in DSP Midcap Fund?
- Equity stocks of mid cap companies that offer potential for substantial capital appreciation form a major part of the investment portfolio of this fund. Individuals looking for investment avenue that will deliver significant returns over the tenure of 5-6 years can opt for DSP Midcap Fund.
- It is important to diversify your investment portfolio, and the aforementioned fund offers an excellent opportunity for diversification. The diversification of investment portfolio is highlighted by the number of stocks exceeding 45.
- Even though mid-cap funds offer a chance to earn high returns, they are accompanied with equivalent market risk. A bearish market impacts mid-cap and small-cap companies the most. So, when the markets dip, returns from these funds are greatly affected. Therefore, it is suitable for investors with moderate risk appetite.
- Also, it is advisable to invest only a portion of your investment in these funds, and invest the rest in either large cap funds, conservative hybrid funds, debt funds, which are relatively secure avenues. For instance, you can go for Axis Bluechip Fund, ICICI Prudential Regular Savings Fund, etc. This will immune one’s investment from any adverse market downturn.
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the mutual fund units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹60000 on investment in DSP Midcap Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹9000.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Mid Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of DSP Midcap Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for the fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this scheme?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund? What investment strategy does he use?
A. Vinit Sambre, the fund manager of DSP Midcap Fund has been managing the fund from the past 9 years and brings in 21 years of industrial experience. His investment strategy to buy stocks of emerging companies with sustainable business models and hold them till they realise their actual worth, has delivered significant returns over the years.
Q. What is the expense ratio charged by the DSP Midcap Fund Direct Growth Plan?
A. The expense ratio charged by the aforementioned fund is 1.20%. (as of November 30, 2019)
Q. What are the Best Mid-Cap Funds to invest in 2019?
A. Here is a list of top performing Mid Cap Mutual Funds one can consider investing in:
Q. Why should you invest in Mid-Cap Funds?
A. Since the majority of mid-cap stocks are underfollowed on the bourses compared to large-cap stocks, they offer a better chance at long term capital appreciation. The suggested investment horizon for these funds typically vary from 5-6 years.