DSP Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth DSP Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth DSP Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth DSP Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PB Recommended Equity Large & MidCap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 29 May
₹ 199.26 by 1.77 ( 0.90%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeking to generate long term appreciation from a portfolio constituted of equity and equity related securities of large and midcap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund Direct -GrowthEquity
DSP Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Vision Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Large & Mid Cap Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
IDFC Core Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Large & Midcap Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Two & Three Wheelers||2.75|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||2.59|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.23|
|Fund House||DSP Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Jay Kothari|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||NATRAJ, Office No. 302-3rd Floor-Plot No. 194, MV Road Junction Western Express Highway, Andheri East|
About DSP Equity Opportunities Fund
This fund works upon the primary objective of long term capital appreciation with a portfolio consisting of equity & equity related securities of large and midcap companies. It is an open-ended fund with 100% corpus invested into derivatives and a maximum of 25% net assets into foreign securities.
The scheme has the capability of adapting according to the changing market trends because of the flexible management which keeps rebalancing the portfolio composition to maximise performance from current market trends.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- Investors with a long-term financial goal can choose this fund. It is advised that the corpus must be kept invested in the scheme for at least 5 years to generate inflation beating returns
- If you are an investor ready to invest in mid cap stocks or mix of mid cap and large cap, this fund is a good investment option for you. About 25% of the fund is invested in large cap stocks of leading businesses with good cash flow, thus ensuring high returns and dynamic portfolio of investors
- Investors willing to invest in highly liquid stocks
- This fund works under an opportunistic investment approach at the hands of the managers with aggressive sectoral & stock positioning aiming to maximize performance, without affecting the diversified nature of the scheme. If you are seeking such an approach towards asset allocation, you can invest in this fund
- Investors with a moderate risk appetite should opt for this fund. On the other hand, one can also consider large cap funds such as Axis Bluechip Fund, ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund or SBI Bluechip Fund to avoid risks
Will you Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
Let’s look at an example- If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Also Read: Income Tax Benefit On Mutual Fund
How to Invest Using Paisabazaar?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Large & Mid Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of DSP Equity Opportunities Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why you Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is DSP Equity Opportunities a Global Fund?
A. No, this is not a Global Fund as the Assets Under Management (AUM) are not completely invested into Global Companies. But, it follows a diversified strategy of investing with a portion of portfolio consisting of Global stocks.
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. There is no entry load applicable to invest in the fund
Q. What is the exit load?
A. If an investor redeems the 10% of purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, there is no exit load levied. If more than 10% of investment are redeemed, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager and what is his strategy of investment?
A. This fund is managed by Mr. Rohit Singhania and Mr. Jay Kothari. They utilize their professional knowledge of market decisions to form a combination of both large cap and mid cap stocks in the portfolio of the fund. This strategy of encompassing the two different market instruments into one portfolio aims at maximising the performance of the scheme. They work with an objective of delivering favourable returns under moderately risky market conditions.
Q. What are the top 5 sectors of investment in this fund?
A. This fund invests the assets into Financial Services, Energy Sector, Construction, Chemicals and Technology.
Q. What is the minimum investment value for the fund? Which mode of investment is the best?
A. The minimum amount required to buy units of this fund is Rs.500 under Systematic Investment Plan (SIP). It is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.