DSP Equity Direct Plan-Growth DSP Equity Direct Plan-Growth DSP Equity Direct Plan-Growth DSP Equity Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 41.96 by 0.39 ( 2.18%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long-term capital appreciation, from a portfolio which is substantially constituted of equity and equity related securities and may also invest a certain portion of its corpus in debt and money market securities, in order to meet liquidity requirements from time to time. In Picking out individual investment opportunities for the portfolio, the investment manager will seek both value & growth.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Fund House||DSP Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Harish Zaveri|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||NATRAJ, Office No. 302-3rd Floor-Plot No. 194, MV Road Junction Western Express Highway, Andheri East|
About DSP Equity Fund
DSP Equity Fund is an open-ended growth scheme which caters the investment objective of investors seeking long-term wealth accumulation. The scheme predominantly invests in equity & equity related securities and a definite amount of assets allocated into debt & money market securities to meet liquidity requirements.
Being a multi cap fund, this scheme works under a diverse portfolio with a mix of small cap, large cap and mid cap stocks. The ideal ratio of equity & debt in the portfolio is 90% and 10% respectively.
The fund managers seek both value & growth while picking up the right stocks for asset allocation. Finance, Construction, Healthcare, FMCG and Chemicals are the top 5 chosen sectors of asset allocation.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- If you want to invest in a diverse portfolio of companies across large, small and midcap market capitalisation, you can opt for this fund
- Fund managers have full freedom of making adjustments in the portfolio according to the market performance. They take up a proper understanding of the businesses & other facts impacting the profitability before allocation. Investors who are willing to rely upon the managers should opt for this fund
- The emphasised portfolio with focus on capital allocation, competency and corporate governance helps lowering the risk involvement
- Investors with high risk appetite should invest in this fund because the fluctuations in the market, buy and hold strategy and growth oriented approach might cause uncertainty of income. You can also consider investing into large cap funds such as SBI Bluechip Fund or Axis Bluechip Fund to maintain good returns
Will you Pay Tax?
- In case the units of the scheme are not sold or redeemed within 1 year of investment, Capital Gains up to Rs. 1 lakh are exempted from tax payments. And, Capital gains above 1 lakh are taxed 10%
- If the units of mutual fund are sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment, 15% tax is imposed on the entire amount of gains
For an example:
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Also Read: Tax Exemption On Mutual Fund Investment
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Multi Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of DSP Equity Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why you Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What does multi cap mean?
A. Companies are categorised by SEBI into large, mid and small cap on the basis of their capitalizations. Fund investing in various companies that fall under all these categories or at least more than one is called a Multi-Cap Fund.
Q. What is a Direct Mutual Fund?
A. A Direct Mutual Fund is where there is no broker/mediator involved to help the investor select the fund for investing. In a Regular Plan, the Expense Ratio is more than in a Direct Plan, as there are additional charges for the mediator.
Q. What is the entry load for DSP Equity Fund?
A. No entry load is applied while investing in DSP Equity Fund
Q. What is the exit load for the fund?
A. 1% for redemption of units before 365 days of investment. However, no exit load is applied on redemption of units after completion 1 year of investment.
Q. How are returns from DSP Equity fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied at 10% on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What strategy does he/she employ for this fund?
A. DSP Equity Fund is managed by Mr. Atul Bhole who has an overall experience of 10 years in the domain. He works as a Vice President of Investments in DSP AMC. Atul works, executes and reviews the investment strategy regularly for equity portfolios in order to generate best returns. He employs the top-down and bottom-up approach while investing and has allocated a portion of the assets in IPOs, emerging sectors & other primary market offerings.