Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth Axis Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 35.22 by 0.66 ( 1.79%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long-term capital appreciation from a diversified portfolio of predominantly equity & equity related instruments of small cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Fund House||Axis Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Ashish Naik|
|Fund Setup Date||11 Nov 2013|
|Address||'Axis House' - 1st Floor, C-2 - Wadia International Centre, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli,|
|Email IDemail@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
About Axis Small Cap Fund
An open-ended equity scheme, predominantly investing in small cap stocks, Axis Small Cap Fund is focused at generating alpha with a diversified portfolio of stocks. The fund follows a bottoms up approach to invest in small cap companies while identifying long term businesses. The fund managers aim at building a portfolio of volatile stock movements whilst considering the risks involved.
Since the fund is known to invest in companies of smaller market capitalization, the fund may fall deeply when the stock prices fall in comparison to ones that invest in companies of larger market capitalization.
Who Should Invest?
- You can also look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, as it gives an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical returns data and portfolio attributes
- When the market is bullish, small cap funds tend to outperform mid cap and large cap funds owing to their high growth prospects. Thus, this fund is suitable for investors who are seeking capital appreciation over the long term
- The fund offers a diversified portfolio, predominated by equity and related securities investing in companies with small market capitalizations. Therefore, you may consider this fund if you are willing to invest in a diversified portfolio consisting of equity and equity related instruments of small cap companies
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being a small-cap fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in this fund. Hence, you must be ready to bear a moderately higher level of risk with this fund
- The fund is considered suitable for investors with a long term investment horizon, of over 5-7 years. However, being a small cap fund, investors may also gain from the short term volatility of the fund
Taxation- How will they be Taxed?
The short term capital gains from the investments in this fund are taxed at 15% if the units are sold within the time period of 1 year from the date of allotment. However, the long term capital gains made on the sale of units priced at over Rs. 1 lakh, within a year from the date of allotment are taxed at 10% without indexation.
For an example-
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Axis Small Cap Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Axis Small Cap Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are small cap funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest in shares of companies with smaller market capitalizations are called small cap funds. These funds have at least 65% of their assets invested in small cap companies.
Q. Does this fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, the fund does not offer any tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load? Is there any Exit load of this fund?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. There is no exit load on the fund.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? Is there any Expense Ratio of this fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 1.01%. (direct plan).
Q. What is the lock-in period of this fund?
A. There is no lock-in period for the scheme.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund?
A. A Chartered Accountant by profession, Mr. Anupam Tiwari is currently the Fund Manager of Axis Small Cap Fund. Prior to joining this fund, he had worked with Principal Mutual Fund, Reliance Life Insurance Ltd., and Reliance MF. Owing to his historical performance, he has gained around 5 years of professional work experience.