Axis Midcap Direct Plan-Growth Axis Midcap Direct Plan-Growth Axis Midcap Direct Plan-Growth Axis Midcap Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
Equity Mid Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 25 Sep
₹ 45.2 by 0.67 ( 1.50%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to achieve long term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity & equity related instruments of Mid Cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Growth Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Franklin India Prima Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Midcap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
UTI Mid Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Mid Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Emerging Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Midcap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mid Cap Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.95|
|Tea & Coffee||3.59|
|ACs & Refrigerators||3.58|
|Plastic tubes & pipes||2.96|
|Fund House||Axis Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Ashish Naik|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'Axis House' - 1st Floor, C-2 - Wadia International Centre, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli,|
|Email IDemail@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
About Axis Midcap Fund
Axis Midcap Fund is an open ended equity scheme that predominantly invests in equity securities of midcap companies, focusing on firms with high growth potential. This fund invests in companies with sustainable business model and a strong leadership team which are going to deliver stable returns in the long run.
Shreyas Devalkar, the fund manager of this fund has an industrial experience of more than 18 years, and has been managing the fund from the past 3 years. He thoroughly researches the emerging companies with experienced management team and then chooses the right stock for investing.
More than 20% of the total assets under management are parked in financial services sector. The top holdings of this fund include City Union Bank Ltd., Info Edge (India) Ltd, etc.
Also Read: Mid-Cap Mutual Funds
Who Should Invest in Axis Midcap Fund?
- Equity stocks of mid cap companies that offer potential for substantial capital appreciation form a major part of the investment portfolio of this fund. Individuals looking for investment avenue that will deliver significant returns over the tenure of 5-6 years can opt for Axis Midcap Fund.
- We can see a notable rise in the Net Asset Value (NAV) of the fund owing to the stable fund management team and thorough research in picking up the right stock at the right time. This will substantially boost up investor’s capital in the long run.
- It is important to diversify your investment portfolio, and the aforementioned fund offers an excellent opportunity for diversification. This fund will also give substantial jump to your investment returns, provided you have a moderate risk appetite.
- Even though mid-cap funds offer a chance to earn high returns, they are accompanied with equivalent market risk. A bearish market impacts mid-cap and small-cap companies the most. So, when the markets dip, returns from these funds are greatly affected.
- This is why, it is advisable to invest only a portion of your investment in these funds, and invest the rest in either large cap funds, conservative hybrid funds, debt funds, which are relatively secure avenues. For instance, you can go for Axis Bluechip Fund, ICICI Prudential Regular Savings Fund, etc. This will immune one’s investment from any adverse market downturn.
Will You Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹30000 on investment in Axis Midcap Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹4500.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
Also Read: Which is best tax saver mutual fund?
How to Invest Axis Midcap Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Mid Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Axis Midcap Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Also Read: Which SIP is best for 5 years?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for Axis Midcap Fund Direct Growth Plan?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for Axis Midcap Fund Direct Growth Plan?
A. If an investor redeems the 10% of purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, there is no exit load levied. If more than 10% of investment are redeemed, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. How are returns from this fund taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund is sensitive to market fluctuations, it is advisable to stay invested for at least 3 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. What is the expense ratio charged by the Axis Midcap Fund Direct Growth Plan?
A. The expense ratio charged by the aforementioned fund is 0.74%. (as of October 18, 2019)
Q. What are the Best Mid-Cap Funds to invest in 2019?
A. Here is a list of top performing Mid Cap Mutual Funds one can consider investing in:
Axis Midcap Fund
Franklin India Prima Fund
DSP Midcap Fund
L&T Midcap Fund
Kotak Emerging Equity Scheme
Q. Why should you invest in Mid-Cap Funds?
A. Since the majority of mid-cap stocks are underfollowed on the bourses compared to large-cap stocks, they offer a better chance at long term capital appreciation. The suggested investment horizon for these funds typically vary from 5-6 years.