Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-Growth
PB Recommended Equity ELSS
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 53.39 by 0.38 ( -0.33%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1200 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to generate regular long term capital growth from a diversified portfolio of equity and equity related securities. The Scheme Will invest in companies with strong growth & a sustainable business model.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum Taxgain Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Cars & Multi Utility Vehicles||5.49|
|Fund House||Axis Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Jinesh Gopani|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'Axis House' - 1st Floor, C-2 - Wadia International Centre, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli,|
|Email IDemail@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
About Axis Long Term Equity Fund
The fund is an open-ended equity linked savings scheme (ELSS) and comes with a lock-in period of three years. It is one of the most popular schemes for retail investors in this category.
The scheme is a large cap fund in terms of its portfolio as it majorly holds shares of large cap companies. Creating a diversified portfolio of predominantly equity and equity-related securities, the fund aims to generate income and also beat inflation. Any investments made in the fund are free of entry and exit load.
Who Should Invest?
- Since this is an ELSS, you will be eligible to declare investments in it under Section 80 C of the Income Tax Act amounting to Rs 1.5 lakh in a financial year. As an investor you are tapping into equity as well as saving tax
- Investing via the SIP mode into the fund could shelter you from market risks and provide you with the dual advantage of power of compounding and rupee cost averaging
- Since this is an equity-focused fund, it is particularly suitable for you if you seek long term capital growth. The ideal investment horizon should be a minimum of 3 years
- You should be able to tolerate some amount of risk when investing in the fund. If not, you may consider investing in funds like SBI Bluechip Fund, Axis Bluechip Fund, ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund that involve lesser risk
- Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, the Axis Long Term Equity Fund has a lock-in period of 3 years, which is considered the lowest among all the tax saving alternatives in the country
- Nonetheless, if your maximum tax saving investments are exceeding Rs 1.5 lakh, you could at other equity schemes/hybrid schemes or short term debt scheme for wealth creation
- It is also suggested that you take a look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, in order to get an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical return data and portfolio attributes
Will You Pay Tax?
Although investment in the scheme is tax deductible, the returns generated invite levis. The Union Budget of 2018-19 introduced a Long Term Capital Gains tax of 10% on returns exceeding Rs 1 lakh.
For an example –
An individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. Hence, the payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Axis Long Term Equity Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘ELSS Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Axis Long Term Equity Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. Is this a multi cap fund and what does that mean?
A. Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with different market capitalizations is called a multi cap fund. However, the scheme has major investments in large cap funds and subsequent in mid and small cap companies. The fund invests 63.9% is in large cap stocks, 16.48% in mid cap stocks, 7.14% in small cap stocks.
Q. What is Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. However, an exit load will not apply to this fund since there is a lock-in period of 3 years for each SIP.
Q. What is Expense Ratio?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns.
Q. What is the minimum amount of investment required in this fund?
A. You can start investing in this fund with an amount as low as Rs. 500. Additionally, you can also use SIP calculator to calculate the estimated returns that you may generate in a fixed time period.
Q. Who is the fund manager and what is his style?
A. Mr. Jinesh Gopani has been associated with the Axis Mutual Fund AMC for over 10 years. He has managed the fund since April 2011. He prefers the growth style of investing, and has expressed that he is sceptical of “value companies” and placing bets on “value traps”. Mr Gopani believes the banking and consumption sectors in India have a huge potential in the long term.
List of Top Tax Saving (ELSS) Mutual Funds
|Fund Name||1 Year Return||3 Year Returns||5 Year Returns|
|Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96||6.62%||13.49%||11.61%|
|Axis Long Term Equity Fund||17.62%||17.74%||12.72%|
|Tata India Tax Savings Fund||16.32%||15.58%||13.67%|
|Invesco India Tax Plan||15.68%||13.98%||11.08%|
|Kotak Tax Saver||15.41%||10.84%||11.32%|
|DSP Tax Saver Fund||16.55%||13.53%||11.83%|
|ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund||9.33%||11.89%||8.96%|
|Franklin India Taxshield Fund||8.31%||10.09%||8.86%|
|IDFC Tax Advantage Fund||2.07%||13.05%||10.01%|
|L&T Tax Advantage Fund||2.36%||11.16%||9.44%|
|Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity Fund||16.93%||15.61%||–|
|Mirae Asset Tax Saver||15.25%||19.13%||–|
|Principal Tax Savings Fund||2.16%||11.45%||8.73%|