Axis Focused 25 Direct Plan-Growth Axis Focused 25 Direct Plan-Growth Axis Focused 25 Direct Plan-Growth Axis Focused 25 Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 31.33 by 0.15 ( 2.19%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by investing in concentrated portfolio of equity & equity related instruments of upto 25 companies, primarily in companies among the top 200 in terms of market capitalisation.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||8.03|
|Fund House||Axis Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Jinesh Gopani|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'Axis House' - 1st Floor, C-2 - Wadia International Centre, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli,|
|Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com|
Axis Focused 25 Fund Direct Growth
This is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that predominantly invests in equity and equity related instruments of top performing companies that deliver high return on investments, but in a maximum of 25 stocks.
Also Read: Focused Funds
The portfolio of the multi cap fund primarily consists of companies which have the ability to sail through turbulent market conditions such as Bajaj Finance Ltd, HDFC Bank Ltd, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, etc. Majority of the assets in this fund are parked in the financial services sector. If you are willing to make a long-term investment, this scheme is a considerable option.
Who Should Invest in Axis Focused 25 Fund?
- You should invest in this fund if you are looking for long term capital appreciation and are willing to digest moderate risk on investment. The investors are advised to keep their investments invested into the fund for five year or above in order to accrue inflation beating returns
- You could create a substantial corpus for long-term goals such as children’s education, retirement, wedding expenses, etc.
- Since nearly 80% of the investment portfolio consists of large cap stocks, you will get an opportunity to capitalize from the consistent performance of these companies
- Even if there are a limited number of stocks in the portfolio, they are well diversified which will help your investments mitigate risks when a sector underperforms. However, one must be mindful of economic downturns
- In order to reduce your risk exposure and benefit from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging you could invest via SIP
- If the financial sector crashes, returns from Axis Focused 25 Fund will be greatly affected as more than 40% of the total assets under management (AUM) are invested in this area. It is advisable not to put all your money into this fund, and instead invest across various asset classes. On the other hand, you can also consider investing into Large cap funds such as such as SBI Bluechip Fund or Axis Bluechip Fund as large cap funds give comparatively higher returns with minimal risk involvement
Will You Pay Tax?
There is tax exemption on gains up to Rs. 1 lakh in case the units of the fund are sold after completion of 1 year of investment. And, capital gains above Rs. 1 lakh are taxed at 10%.
Also, if the units of the fund are sold within 1 year of investment, the entire amount of gains are taxed at 15%.
Let’s look at an example:
If your investment into an equity fund has made a capital gain of ₹50,000, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if you withdraw the amount within one year of investment. And, the payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if there is a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and this amount is withdrawn after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50,000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Multicap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Axis Focused 25 Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP or Lump Sum calculators to estimate future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Also Read: How to Redeem Mutual Fund Units Online?
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are Focused Funds?
A. A mutual fund scheme with concentrated investment portfolio, investing in a limited number of stocks is known as a Focused Fund. As per guidelines issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), focused funds can invest in a maximum of 30 stocks. The main aim of these funds is to deliver high returns through investment in high growth firms.
Q. What is the entry load for Axis Focused 25 Fund Direct Growth Plan?
A. There is no applicable entry load on the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund’s Direct Growth Plan?
A. If an investor redeems the 10% of purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, there is no exit load levied. If more than 10% of investment are redeemed, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. How are returns from this fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the benefit of investing in Focused Fund?
A. Since there are a limited number of stocks to invest in, fund managers spend a lot of time to examine the performance of the companies, and make an informed decision on what stocks should be bought/sold. This in-depth research and analysis greatly helps the investor in making capital gains.
Q. What is the minimum investment amount for Axis Focused 25 Fund Direct Growth Plan?
A. For investment in the aforementioned fund, you can invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) a minimum amount of ₹1000 on a regular basis. For Lumpsum mode of investment, the minimum amount is ₹5000.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What is the strategy used by him?
A. Mr. Jinesh Gopani is the fund manager of Axis Focused 25 Fund Direct Growth Plan. He prefers equities as an asset class for investment, because equities deliver significant inflation beating returns, and help in long term wealth creation. His expertise and investment excellence has been the reason for exceptional performance of this fund.