Axis Bluechip Fund Direct Plan-Growth Axis Bluechip Fund Direct Plan-Growth Axis Bluechip Fund Direct Plan-Growth Axis Bluechip Fund Direct Plan-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 5000 1
PB Recommended Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 31 Mar
₹ 28.3 by 0.67 ( 2.42%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹5000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme aims to generate long term capital growth by investing in a diversified portfolio predominantly consisting of equity & equity related instruments of large cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Paints & Varnishes||4.08|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||3.92|
|Fund House||Axis Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Ashish Naik|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||'Axis House' - 1st Floor, C-2 - Wadia International Centre, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli,|
|Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com|
About Axis Bluechip Fund
Axis Bluechip Fund invests in large companies to achieve long term capital appreciation. It is an Equity Mutual Fund that invests the major amount of the fund in equities and equity related securities including derivatives. It is a moderately high risk mutual fund scheme.
The term ‘bluechip’ comes from the game of Poker where bluechips have the highest value. As it invests predominantly in large cap stocks and blue chip companies, it is called a bluechip fund. This ensures stability and less volatility when markets are down because large cap companies with a renowned brand name have proven track record and business models. They are capable of giving consistent long-term and inflation beating returns.
Mr. Shreyash Devalkar has been managing the fund for almost 3 years now and Axis Bluechip Equity Fund is one of the funds that have given consistent returns outperforming the benchmark index as well as beating the peer competitors, both by quite a fair margin. On the other hand, the risks have been lower than the benchmark.
Who Should Invest in Axis Bluechip Fund?
- Over the years, the scheme has proved to be a dependable fund scheme in its category in recent fluctuating markets where only some stocks have performed well. The fund works well for investors with long-term growth and wealth generation objectives. It is suggested that the investors stay invested in the fund for a minimum of around 5-7 years
- All Equity Funds are subject to market risks and thereby may offer negative returns. The riskometer of Axis Bluechip fund is moderately high. Hence, only investors who can tolerate moderately high risks should consider investing in this fund. If you do not wish to take this risk, you may also consider investing in SBI Bluechip Fund or ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund
- Axis Bluechip Fund is an equity asset that has the potential to generate wealth through high returns and beat the inflation. Hence, investors looking for higher returns than FDs should consider investing in this fund
- The fund is suitable for investors looking for safer options in equity investment since the investment is made in brand equities and assures stable returns because of frequent sale and purchase of shares
Axis Bluechip Fund picks up stocks with high earnings visibility. It invests 87% of the fund in blue chip companies and 61% of the portfolio comprises of top 6 companies. Its major involvement is in sectors of Banks, Finance and IT among others. Around 45% is invested in the banking sector and its holdings which include Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank. There is 1% Exit Load only if the investor redeems his fund within 12 months. There is no Exit load above the duration of 1 year. The emphasis is on growth and quality of the stocks. Those stocks are picked up that have improving cash flows.
With the prevailing market trends, Axis Bluechip Fund has cut down on many stocks to maintain a compact portfolio.
Also Read: How to Redeem Mutual Fund Units Online
The short-term capital gains made on sale of units within 1 year from the date of allotment will be taxed at the rate of 15%. The long term capital gains, over and above Rs 1 lakh, made on sale of units after 1 year from the date of allotment will be taxed at the rate of 10% (without indexation).
For example –
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹40000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹6000.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1,20,000 on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹20000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹2000.
How to Invest in Axis Bluechip Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Large Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Axis Bluechip Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Mutual Fund Returns Calculator
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why Should You Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
Q. What is a blue chip company?
A. A renowned large capitalization with good reputation in the market is a blue chip company.
Q. Why is it called Blue Chip Fund?
A. The term ‘Blue Chip’ comes from the game of Poker in which blue chips holds the highest value.
Q. What is the meaning of large cap?
A. Large cap means large capitalization companies. SEBI classifies companies and businesses based on their capital into large, mid and small companies.
Q. Does Axis Blue Chip Mutual Fund come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. Axis Blue Chip Mutual Fund is not a tax saver fund and does not come under Section 80C.
Q. What are the best Blue Chip Funds?
A. Based on performance, rating, etc., some of the best Blue Chip Funds offered by various Asset Management Companies (AMCs) include Mirae, SBI, HDFC among a few. Read more about Best Blue Chip Funds.
Q. Is it beneficial to invest via open-ended or SIP?
A. SIP is considered efficient and convenient mode of investment that is good for long term investment. It also reduces financial burden as one needs to invest periodically and one can start with amount as low as Rs. 500 per month.
Q. What is Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges.
Q. What is Expense Ratio?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns.
Q. What is a Direct Mutual Fund?
A. A Direct Mutual Fund is where there is no broker/mediator involved to help the investor select the fund for investing. In a Regular Plan, the Expense Ratio is more expensive than a Direct Plan, as there are additional charges for the mediator.
Q. Which other Bluechip Funds Can I Invest In?
A. Some of the best performing Bluechip Funds, other than Axis Bluechip Funds are:
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund
SBI Bluechip Fund
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund
Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund