Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 01 Apr
₹ 25.86 by -0.74 ( -2.78%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks long-term capital growth and will invest approximately 80 per cent of its assets in equity, while the balance would be a invested in debt and money market instrument. It was converted to an open-ended scheme with effect from July 1999. A combination of top down & bottom up approach will be followed in the stock selection process.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Taxsaver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Long Term Equity Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving) Direct Plan - GrowthEquity
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Taxshield Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T Tax Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||8.26|
|Drugs & Pharma||7.12|
|Drugs & Pharma||5.39|
|Cosmetics & Toiletries||5.09|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.6|
|ACs & Refrigerators||3.57|
|Fund House||Aditya Birla Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Ajay Garg|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One India Bulls Center - Tower 1, 17th Floor - Jupiter Mills Compound, 841 Senapati Bhawan, Elphinstone Road,|
|Contact||022-43568000/ 1800-270-7000/ 1800-22-7000|
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief Fund enables long term capital growth for its investors by investing as much as 80% of its assets in equity. The remaining assets are invested in debt and/or money market instruments. While selecting the stocks, the fund managers follow the combination of top down and bottom up approach. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, the fund has tax benefits to offer to its investors, amongst many others.
Mr. Ajay Garg, an alumni of Hartmann College, did his Engineering in Electronics from Bangalore University. He is an MBA from Mumbai University, and was working with American Express Bank prior to joining Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC. He is currently appointed as the Senior Fund Manager at Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief Fund. Mr. Ajay Garg brings along the remarkable historical performance of over 22 years in the management of funds in equity market.
Who Should Invest?
- Since the fund comes under ELSS category, it is eligible for a tax exemption of Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Hence, the fund is suitable for investors looking for tax benefits. Additionally, all the capital gains earned on maturity of the this fund are tax-free
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief Fund has a lock in period of only 3 years, providing the benefit of easy redemption to the investors and is therefore suitable for investors looking for a similar investment horizon (3 to 5 years)
- Being an ELSS fund, it helps investors earn higher returns while beating the effects of inflation. Hence, investors willing to take the benefit of generation of income and capital appreciation over the long term must consider this fund
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being a multi-cap fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in this fund. To avoid the involvement of such risks, investors may also consider investing in large cap funds like Axis Bluechip Fund or SBI Bluechip Fund
Taxation- How will the fund be taxed?
Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief fund has a lock-in period of 3 years. Being an Equity Linked Savings Scheme, investors can claim a tax deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The scheme also allows a 2-in-1 benefit of investing and tax deduction, along with greater diversification of risk control along with a 360-degree research.
Let’s say, an individual has ₹2 lakh disposable taxable income in a given financial year, and s/he decides to invest the amount in ELSS. ₹1.5 lakh out of this amount would be exempted from any taxation.₹50,000 would be taxed as per the income tax slab of the investor.
It should be noted that the investment in ELSS remains locked-in for 3 years.
The returns from ELSS are taxed like that from any other equity mutual fund scheme. However, since the units can’t be redeemed before 3 years of investment, only Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% above ₹1 lakh will be levied.
Suppose an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘ELSS Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are multi cap funds?
A. Multi cap funds are diversified mutual funds that invest in stocks across market capitalization.The portfolio of these funds have large cap, mid cap and small cap stocks.
Q. Does Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief Fund come under Section 80C or offer tax benefits?
A. The scheme is an Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS). It is eligible for tax exemption of upto Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Q. What is Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges.
Q. What is Expense Ratio?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns.
Q. What is the lock-in period of Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief Fund?
A. Ys, the fund has a lock-in period of 3 years.