Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Small Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 03 Feb
₹ 32.03 by 0.68 ( 2.45%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Scheme seeks to generate consistent long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related securities of Small cap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Franklin India Smaller Companies Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
DSP Small Cap Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Sundaram Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Small Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HSBC Small Cap Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Fund House||Aditya Birla Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Nitesh Jain|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One India Bulls Center - Tower 1, 17th Floor - Jupiter Mills Compound, 841 Senapati Bhawan, Elphinstone Road,|
|Contact||022-43568000/ 1800-270-7000/ 1800-22-7000|
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund
Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund is categorised under open-ended equity funds which invest in equity & equity related instruments of small cap companies. The fund targets steady long-term capital accumulation. The portfolio of the fund is packed with stocks of smaller companies having a sustainable business plan and potential to grow in the near future.
Exposure given to emerging businesses adds diversification to the portfolio. As and when these small organisations grow, the capital gains are automatically increased
In terms of sector-wise allocation of assets, the fund has a diversified portfolio with major investments made towards Services, Financial and Engineer sector.
Who should invest in this fund?
- Investors who are willing to invest in the emerging businesses
- If you are willing to invest for a long-term capital growth, this is a good investment option. However, If you want to earn significant returns in the short term, you can opt for debt funds such as Franklin Ultra Short Bond Fund
- As compared to ELSS & Large Cap Funds, Small cap funds are highly risky. If you are an investor with an aggressive risk profile, you can invest in this scheme
- Investors planning to boost the returns of their equity fund portfolio because the investments are made into companies with high growth potential, the chance for investors to earn fuller returns are multiplied
- Small companies often tend to reinvest their profits into business expansion strategies which might keep the investors from earning dividends
Will you pay tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For an example, If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to invest in ABSL Small Cap Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Small Cap Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is ABSL Small Cap a tax free fund?
A. No, this is not a tax-free Mutual Fund. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. What is the minimum investment requirement?
A. The minimum amount required for investment into this fund is Rs.1,000, for both lump sum and Systematic Investment Plan (SIP).
Q. What is the Exit Load in this fund?
A. The exit load is 1% in case of redemption of units of Mutual Funds before one year from the date of allotment. Also, in case of redemption/switching after 1 year of investment, no exit load is applicable
Q. What is the entry load for this fund?
A. No entry load is applicable on this mutual fund
Q. What is the investment strategy used by the fund manager?
A. Jayesh Gandhi, the fund manager of ABSL Small Cap Fund, has been managing the fund since 2014. He has selected the best instruments on a bottom up stock selection approach; thereby identifying the stocks as per their excellence irrespective of the sector to which they belong. Under his professional skills and expertise in portfolio management, the fund has delivered historical returns in the past few years.
Q. Is it safe to invest in this fund?
A. As far as the risk factor is concerned, Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund is a moderately risky fund. On the other hand, the fund has been delivering optimal returns to the investors. Hence, it is a risky option. However, for investors who with high risk appetite this is a good option for investment.
Q.What is the best way to invest in this fund, SIP or Lump sum?
A. It is recommended to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in this fund, as it aims to deliver returns over a full market cycle and takes a long-term investment horizon (7-8 years) into consideration.