Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Value Oriented
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 08 Jul
₹ 43.03 by -0.20 ( -0.46%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to generate consistent long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity related securities by following value investing strategy i.e buying into stocks that are trading for less than their intrinsic value - stocks that the market is undervaluing.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Direct-GrowthEquity
L&T India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Value Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Tata Equity PE Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Value Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Capital Builder Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
IDFC Sterling Value Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
SBI Contra Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Invesco India Contra Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||3.87|
|Tea & Coffee||3.06|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.94|
|Drugs & Pharma||2.67|
|Fund House||Aditya Birla Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Milind Bafna|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One India Bulls Center - Tower 1, 17th Floor - Jupiter Mills Compound, 841 Senapati Bhawan, Elphinstone Road,|
|Contact||022-43568000/ 1800-270-7000/ 1800-22-7000|
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund
It is an open-ended equity scheme that uses value investment strategy for selecting equity stocks for investment. It aims to substantially appreciate the invested capital in the long run. The investment portfolio of this fund focuses more on undervalued securities in the financial markets.
The value investment strategy involves buying “good stocks at cheap valuations”, after thorough research and analysis of the financial market and various companies. These firms are expected to grow exponentially in the future. The underlying idea is that these firms are undervalued either due to change in economic cycle or short-term problems afflicting the business.
Who Should invest in Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund?
- Investors who have appropriate knowledge of the value investment strategy, know its fundamentals should opt for this fund. It would be quite difficult to comprehend the stock selection by the fund manager if the investor is not acquainted with the strategy.
- Individuals who have a considerable allocation of growth stocks in their investment portfolio, can opt for this fund for diversification. This diversification in investment style adds value to the final capital gains made by an investor.
- This fund carries high risk on investment, as there is a fair chance that the bets placed on undervalued stocks might not turn out as per the wishes of the fund manager. Investors should have a high risk appetite before investing in this fund as there is a possibility that the invested stocks might not perform well, even in the long run. This is known as ‘value trap’.
- Sometimes, for an equity stock to realise its full value might take a lot of time. This means that the investors may have to wait for years before making profits on their investment. If you have a short term investment horizon, it is better to opt for liquid funds such as Nippon India Liquid Fund or Franklin Ultra Short Bond Fund.
Will you pay tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units from mutual funds before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹40000 on investment in Aditya Birla Sun Life Value Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹6000.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50,000. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5,000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Equity Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Value Oriented Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of Aditya Birla Sun Life Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Q. What is the entry load for the fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for the aforementioned fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. What is the suggested investment horizon for this Fund?
A. As the underlying equity investment of this fund takes 6-7 years to deliver significant returns , it is advisable to stay invested for at least 7 years, for substantial capital appreciation.
Q. Who is the fund manager of Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund?
A. Mr. Milind Bafna is the fund manager of this fund.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for investment in this fund?
A. No. Investors can redeem their investment as per their wish and needs.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for ABSL Pure Value Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is a value oriented equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.