Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-Growth
Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 249.3 by 2.65 ( -0.85%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks long term growth of capital, through a portfolio with a target allocation of 100% equity by aiming at being as diversified across various industries and/ or sectors as its chosen benchmark index, Nifty 50. The secondary objective
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||5.52|
|Fund House||Aditya Birla Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Mahesh Patil|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One India Bulls Center - Tower 1, 17th Floor - Jupiter Mills Compound, 841 Senapati Bhawan, Elphinstone Road,|
|Contact||022-43568000/ 1800-270-7000/ 1800-22-7000|
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund
ABSL Frontline Equity Fund operates with the investment objective of long term capital growth through a well diversified portfolio, predominantly investing in equity and equity related securities. The fund’s benchmark index is NIFTY 50 TRI. The secondary objective of this fund is to generate income for its investors and distribute dividends.
This fund is known to invest in bigger companies. In comparison to the funds that invest in smaller companies, funds like ABSL Frontline Equity Fund tend to fall less when the stock prices fall. Hence, these funds are more suitable to conservative equity investors.
Who Should Invest?
- All the equity funds are subject to market risks. Being an equity mid-cap fund, there is a moderate level of risk involved in this fund. Hence, it is suggested that you invest in this fund only if you are willing to take a moderately higher level of risk with your investments
- The fund is suitable for investors seeking investments in equity and equity related securities, diversified across various industries. Additionally, the fund has offered historical returns since its inception in January 2013
- If invested over a long term, the fund holds the possibility of offering remarkably higher returns. Thus, you should only consider investing in this fund if you have a longer investment horizon (minimum of 4-5 years)
- You can also look at the CRISIL rating of the fund while making your investment decision, as it gives an idea about the overall performance of the fund over the years, based on its historical return data and portfolio attributes
Taxation- How will they be taxed?
The fund applies a short term capital gains tax of 15% if the units are sold within 1 year from the date of allotment. If the units worth more than Rs. 1 lakh are sold after 1 year from the date of allotment, a long term capital gains tax of 10% is applied. It must be noted that the given tax rates are exclusive of indexation.
For an example –
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in ABSL Frontline Equity Fund?
- Sign Up/Sign in to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Equity Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of ABSL Frontline Equity Fund Direct Growth. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use SIP Calculator or Lumpsum Calculator to estimate the future value of your investment
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork. Only direct plans, no regular ones
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, Assets Under Management (AUM), etc. are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Q. What are large cap funds?
A. Mutual funds that invest in stocks of companies with larger market capitalization are called large cap funds. These companies are usually the ones with a good track record and are known to be well established players in the market.
Q. Does this scheme come under Section 80C or offers tax benefits?
A. No, this fund does not come under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, neither does it offer any tax benefits.
Q. What is Exit Load? Does this particular scheme have an Exit Load?
A. Exit Load is the fee charged from an investor when he decides to quit the scheme and redeem his money. Generally, there is some penalty charged only if funds are redeemed in less than 365 days, otherwise there are usually no charges. The fund has an Exit Load of 1% if the units are redeemed within 1 year from the date of allotment. However, if the units are redeemed after a year of purchase, there is no Exit Load.
Q. What is Expense Ratio? What is the Expense Ratio of ABSL Frontline Equity Fund?
A. It is the fee charged from the investor for managing his fund money and allocating it to the stocks that can help him earn returns. The fund has an Expense Ratio of 1.23% (direct plan).
Q. Is there a lock-in period for this scheme?
A. The fund does not have a lock-in period.
Q. Who is currently managing this fund?
A. The fund is being managed by Mr. Mahesh Patil since January 2013. He is a graduate in B.E. (Electrical), MMS in Finance and Chartered Financial Accountant from ICFAI Hyderabad. Before joining Birla Sun Life AMC, Mr. Patil has worked with Reliance Infocom Ltd., Motilal Oswal Securities, and Parag Parikh Financial Advisory Services Ltd. Delivering historical performance, Mr. Mahesh Patil brings along professional expertise of over 23 years.