Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-Growth
Equity Large Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 27 Dec
₹ 67.85 by 0.68 ( -0.68%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The Scheme seeks to achieve long term capital appreciation by investing in upto 30 companies with long term sustainable competitive advantage and growth potential
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
SBI Bluechip Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
HDFC Top 100 Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Bluechip Direct Fund-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Direct- GrowthEquity
UTI Mastershare Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
DSP Top 100 Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||5.24|
|Fund House||Aditya Birla Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Mahesh Patil|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One India Bulls Center - Tower 1, 17th Floor - Jupiter Mills Compound, 841 Senapati Bhawan, Elphinstone Road,|
|Contact||022-43568000/ 1800-270-7000/ 1800-22-7000|
About ABSL Focused Equity Fund
Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund is an open-ended scheme which predominantly invests in stocks/shares of large cap companies. The portfolio of the fund has a maximum of 30 stocks.
The scheme caters to meet long-term financial goals by investing in up to 30 companies with sustainable business plan and growth potential. The conservative portfolio of this fund has assets majorly allocated into HDFC Bank Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd., Clearing Corporation of India Ltd. and Infosys Ltd.
Investments in this fund can be initiated with a minimum amount of Rs.1000 under Systematic Investment Plan (SIP). Also, it is suggested that one should invest through SIP in order to offset short-term risks from market fluctuations, gain advantages from the power of compounding and rupee cost averaging.
Who should Invest in this Fund?
- Investors who are interested in a concentrated portfolio should invest in this fund
- Investments into large cap companies are less risky because these companies are hardly affected by market fluctuations as compared to small cap companies. Therefore, if you are a conservative equity investor, you can invest in this fund
- If you are willing to invest for a longer period of time i.e, 5 years or more, you can opt for this fund
Will you Pay Tax?
If you withdraw or redeem the units before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Whereas, Long Term Capital Gains Tax above ₹1 lakh will be taxed at 10% after completion of 1 year of investment.
For instance, an investor has made a capital gain of ₹30000 on investment in SBI Focused Equity Fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹4500.
Also, if the investor has made a capital gain of ₹2 lakh on investment in this scheme, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹1 lakh. Residual ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹10,000.
How to Invest in this Fund Online?
- Sign Up/Sign In to Paisabazaar.com and go to ‘Direct Mutual Funds’
- Click on the section of ‘Focused Funds’
- Type and search directly by the name of ABSL Focused Equity Fund. Once it opens up, look at the details. You can also compare similar funds as well as use Returns Calculator to calculate the future value of your investment.
- Click on ‘Invest Now’, select either Lump sum or SIP
Why you Should Choose Paisabazaar?
- Trusted website, no commission charges and no paperwork
- You can compare more than 1,700 Funds at one platform instead of visiting the website of each AMC and then searching for numerous funds
- Easy to browse as Funds are segregated under Equity, Debt, Large Cap, ELSS, etc. You can further add filters of ratings, returns, fund houses.
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the meaning of large cap?
A. SEBI classifies all Indian companies on the basis of their capital accruement. It is classified in to large, medium and small companies. The top 100 are large, the next 250 are medium sized and the rest are small ones. When a fund invests in the top 100 companies, it is known as a large capitalization fund or large cap fund.
Q. What is the entry load for ABSL Focused Equity Fund?
A. There is no applicable entry load for this fund.
Q. What is the exit load for this fund?
A. If an investor redeems the purchased units within 1 year of allotment of units, an exit load of 1% is payable by the investor. However, no exit load is levied for redemption of units after 1 year of purchase.
Q. Who is the fund manager of this fund? What is his investment strategy?
A. Mr. Mahesh Patil is the fund managers of this ABSL Fund. He has professional experience of over 27 years. The fund manager has invested in a limited number of stocks in the portfolio. The investment portfolio is skewed towards large-cap stocks which makes it relatively safe. Even during a market downturn, large-cap firms tend to be steady and deliver consistent returns.
Q. Which is the better mode of investment for this Fund, SIP or Lump-sum investment?
A. Since the aforementioned fund is an equity fund, it is advisable to invest via Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) to average out the cost of units purchased. SIPs effectively counter the risk arising out of market fluctuations.
Q. Is there any lock-in period for the investments in this fund?
A. No, there is no lock-in period but it is advised that the corpus must be kept invested for a minimum time span of 5 years to generate best returns.