Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Multi Cap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 02 Jul
₹ 696.9 by 5.35 ( 0.77%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The fund seeks long-term growth of capital and regular income through 90% investment in equities and 10% in debt and money market securities. The scheme would adopt top-down & bottom-up approach of investing & a portion of the scheme will also be invested in IPOs, emerging sectors & other primary market offerings.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
HDFC Equity Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Focused Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
IDFC Multi Cap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
UTI Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Magnum MultiCap Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.68|
|Drugs & Pharma||4.68|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||2.42|
|Fund House||Aditya Birla Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Anil Shah|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One India Bulls Center - Tower 1, 17th Floor - Jupiter Mills Compound, 841 Senapati Bhawan, Elphinstone Road,|
|Contact||022-43568000/ 1800-270-7000/ 1800-22-7000|
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund
ABSL Equity Fund is an open-ended long-term wealth creating investment option which invests across large-cap, small-cap and mid-cap stocks. The ideal ratio of equity & debt in the portfolio for this fund is made up of 90% equity & 10% debt and money market instruments. You can invest in this fund with a minimum investment of Rs.100 via SIP or Lump sum option.
Basically, Equity funds are the Mutual Funds which allocate the resources into stocks of varied companies with the objective of obtaining higher returns. Besides the fact that these fund types accrue higher returns, they are riskier too. ABSL Equity Fund is graded as a moderately risky fund. The latest NAV of the fund is Rs.732.7 Crores with more than 11 crores Assets Under Management (AUM).
Who Should Invest in ABSL Equity Fund?
- If you are willing to invest your resources into equities & equity related instruments can invest in this fund
- To get decent returns, it is advisable to keep invested for at least 3 years. If you are inclined to making a long-term investment, this is a good option
- Equity Funds are riskier than Debt funds. This means that there is no security of the funds involved. Investors might just end up bearing a lot of loss during market fluctuations. You can opt for debt funds such as DSP Government Securities Fund to avoid the risks involved in equity investments
- If you are keen on investing in the fund it is advisable to go via the SIP mode. You should also be aware of how the fund is to be treated for taxation at the end of the year (as debt oriented or equity)
- Extra costs involved in Equity Funds such as Transaction cost, salary of fund manager etc. So, if you are not reluctant to capitalise these costs, you can choose this fund
Will You Pay Tax?
- In case the units of the scheme are not sold or redeemed within 1 year of investment, Capital Gains up to Rs. 1 lakh are exempted from tax payments. And, Capital gains above 1 lakh are taxed 10%
- If the units of mutual fund are sold or redeemed before completion of 1 year of investment, 15% tax is imposed on the entire amount of gains
For an example:
If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
Also Read: How to Redeem Units from Mutual Funds?
How to Invest in ABSL Equity Fund using Paisabazaar?
Given below are the steps to get started with your SIP or Lump Sum investment into Aditya Birla Equity Fund:
- First, Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Now, Scroll to ‘Equity Funds’
- After that, Start a manual search for ‘Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
Why You Should Choose Paisabazaar.com?
- It is a trusted website for its financial services
- No commissions or hidden charges applied
- Investors are not asked to indulge into any kind of paperwork
- Allows the users to compare more than 1500 Mutual Funds under one roof and saves them from visiting multiple websites for each AMC
- Easy Access to different categories of funds- ELSS, Hybrid, Equity, Debt etc
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What does multi cap mean?
A. Companies are categorised by SEBI into large, mid and small cap on the basis of their capitalizations. Fund investing in various companies that fall under all these categories or at least more than one is called a Multi-Cap Fund.
Q. What is a Direct Mutual Fund?
A. A Direct Mutual Fund is where there is no broker/mediator involved to help the investor select the fund for investing. In a Regular Plan, the Expense Ratio is more than in a Direct Plan, as there are additional charges for the mediator.
Q. What is the entry load for ABSL Equity Fund?
A. No entry load is applied while investing in Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund
Q. What is the exit load for the fund?
A. 1% for redemption of units before 365 days of investment. However, no exit load is applied on redemption of units after completion 1 year of investment.
Q. How are returns from Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied at 10% on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What strategy does he/she employ for this fund?
A. Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund is managed by Mr. Anil Shah who has an overall experience of 26 years in the domain. He works as a Senior Fund Manager in Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC. Anil works, executes and reviews the investment strategy regularly for equity portfolios in order to generate best returns. He employs the top-down and bottom-up approach while investing and has allocated a portion of the assets in IPOs, emerging sectors & other primary market offerings.