Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund Direct -Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund Direct -Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund Direct -Growth Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund Direct -Growth - Get latest updates on NAV, Dividends, Returns, Performance, Risks & Portfolio. Invest now! INR 1000 1
Equity Large & MidCap
PLAN: GROWTH TYPE : OPEN-ENDED OPTION: Growth
1 Yr return
3 Yrs CAGR returns
5 Yrs CAGR returns
NAV as on 05 Aug
₹ 411.6 by 2.95 ( 0.72%)
Fund Size (Cr)
Show NAV for:
If ₹1000 invested for 1
with % annual returns
* The calculator, based on assumed rate of returns, is meant for illustration purposes only.More
The calculations are not based on any judgments of the future return and should not be construed as promise on minimum returns. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. Paisabazaar however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. While utmost care has been exercised while preparing the calculator, Paisabazaar does not warrant the completeness or guarantee that the achieved computations are flawless and/or accurate and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use or in respect of anything done in reliance of the calculator.
The scheme seeks to achieve long-term growth of capital, at relatively moderate levels of risk through a diversified research based investment in Large & Midcap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15%, if you redeem before one year. After 1 year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of Rs 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund Direct -GrowthEquity
DSP Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Nippon India Vision Direct-GrowthEquity
ICICI Prudential Large & Mid Cap Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
IDFC Core Equity Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Franklin India Equity Advantage Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund Direct-GrowthEquity
SBI Large & Midcap Fund Direct Plan-GrowthEquity
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Top 10 Sectors||%|
|Crude Oil & Natural Gas||6.81|
|ACs & Refrigerators||2.69|
|Fund House||Aditya Birla Mutual Fund|
|Fund Manager||Satyabrata Mohanty|
|Fund Setup Date||01 Jan 2013|
|Address||One India Bulls Center - Tower 1, 17th Floor - Jupiter Mills Compound, 841 Senapati Bhawan, Elphinstone Road,|
|Contact||022-43568000/ 1800-270-7000/ 1800-22-7000|
About ABSL Equity Advantage Fund
Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund is an open-ended equity scheme investing in both large cap and mid cap stocks across market capitalisation. The fund serves the objective of long-term capital appreciation with moderate risk involved.
The fund invests in a combination of large cap as well as mid cap stocks of different companies, thereby allowing a certain degree of flexibility at the hands of the managers to invest in companies with different capitalisation to obtain maximum returns.
According to trailing returns of last 10 years, this fund has outperformed its benchmark consistently. There are 51 stocks in its portfolio, each of which is specifically selected by the fund managers.
Who Should Invest in this Fund?
- Investors who are willing to invest in a diverse portfolio containing stocks of different companies
- Investors with moderate risk profile can invest in this scheme. On the other hand, if you want to invest in large cap stocks and still avoid the risk, ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund or SBI Bluechip Fund can be benefiting for your financial goal
- It is suggested that the funds must be kept invested for a minimum period of 5 to 7 years. This implies that this scheme is not suitable for investors who are willing to place their money for a shorter period of time
- Investors who are willing to get benefitted by Value Added Products such as SIP (Systematic Investment Plan), STP (Systematic Transfer Plan), SWP (Systematic Withdrawal Plan) etc. can choose to invest in this fund
Will you pay tax?
The short-term capital gains (capital gains earned on holding period up to 1 year) are taxed at 15% whereas long-term capital gains exceeding Rs.1 Lakh will be taxed at 10%
The scheme charges an Exit Load of 1% in case the investments were made for less than a year, so if you need emergency funds you will have to bear the load.
For an instance: If an investor has made a capital gain of ₹50000 on investment in an equity fund, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% would be levied if s/he withdraws the amount within one year of investment. The payable tax would be ₹7500.
Also, if an investor has made a capital gain of ₹1.5 lakh on investment in an equity fund, and withdraws the amount after 1 year of investment, Long Term Capital Gains Tax of 10% would be levied on ₹50000. ₹1Lakh is exempted from taxation. The payable tax would be ₹5000.
How to Invest in the ABSL Equity Advantage Fund?
Follow the given steps to get started with your SIP or Lump Sum investment into Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Advantage Fund:
- Log-in or Signup to Paisabazaar.com
- Go to Investments in the Menu Bar and click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Scroll to ‘Equity Funds’
- Start a manual search for ‘ABSL Equity Advantage Fund’
- Read all the details and terms of the Fund carefully
- Select lump sum or SIP as your investment option and proceed
- Paisabazaar allows investors to compare different Mutual Funds before making any investments.
Why you should choose Paisabazaar.com?
- It is a trusted website for its financial services
- No commissions or hidden charges applied
- Investors are not asked to indulge into any kind of paperwork
- Allows the users to compare more than 1500 Mutual Funds under one roof and saves them from visiting multiple websites for each AMC
- Easy Access to different categories of funds- ELSS, Hybrid, Equity, Debt etc
- Important scheme details such as latest Net Asset Value (NAV), expense ratio, assets under management, etc are also available on the portal, making it easier for consumers to pick a suitable fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is a Direct Mutual Fund?
A. A Direct Mutual Fund is where there is no broker/mediator involved to help the investor select the fund for investing. In a Regular Plan, the Expense Ratio is more than in a Direct Plan, as there are additional charges for the mediator.
Q. What is the entry load for ABSL Equity Advantage Fund?
A. No entry load is applied while investing in ABSL Equity Advantage Fund
Q. What is the exit load for the fund?
A. 1% for redemption of units before 365 days of investment. However, no exit load is applied on redemption of units after completion 1 year of investment.
Q. Who is the fund manager? What strategy does he/she employ for this fund?
A. This Equity Fund is managed by Mr. Satyabrata Mohanty who has an overall experience of 17 years in the domain. He has handled responsibilities across Fund Management (Equity & Debt), Trading and Credit Research functions. Satyabrata works, executes and reviews the investment strategy regularly for equity portfolios in order to generate best returns. He employs the top-down and bottom-up approach while investing and has allocated a portion of the assets in IPOs, emerging sectors & other primary market offerings.
Q. How are returns from this fund Taxed?
A. If returns are withdrawn before one year of investment, Short Term Capital Gains Tax of 15% is levied. Long Term Capital Gains Tax above capital gains of ₹1 lakh is levied at 10% on returns withdrawn after 1 year of investment.