HDFC ERGO, a leading non-life insurance company in India, provides various general insurance products – Health Insurance, Motor Insurance, Travel Insurance, Car Insurance, Home Insurance and others. Through the portal, the policyholders can know their policy status, purchase plans, pay premiums, etc. However, to access these e-services, you need to know the HDFC ERGO login and registration process.
E-services Available on HDFC ERGO Portal
Mentioned below are some of the services offered on the HDFC ERGO website:
- Renewal of existing policy
- Purchase different plans
- Check policy status
- Track claim status
- Make premium payments
- Transfer of motor insurance
- Cancellation of policy
How to Login on HDFC ERGO Portal
For HDFC ERGO login, customers need any of the three credentials mentioned below:
- Registered Mobile Number
- Policy Number
- Registered Email ID
4. After you enter the credentials, click “Go” and proceed further with the related query.
How to Use HDFC ERGO Mobile App
Apart from the website, HDFC ERGO has a mobile app to help customers enjoy various e-services. The customers can use the HDFC ERGO mobile app for services like Check Renewal Premium, Buy New Policies, Register and Track Claims and others. For this, customers are required to download the app from Android or iOS device through Play Store or App Store respectively.
Customers can use HDFC ERGO mobile app through three different methods:
- If you are a new customer, you can sign up free with Facebook, Gmail or Twitter.
- If you are a registered customer, you can login through your Mobile Number, Email ID, Policy Number.
- For Quick Login, customers are required to enter their Policy Number and Mobile Number. After entering the details, an OTP will be sent to the registered number. After entering the OTP, customers can generate Quick Access PIN and can login further without entering full customer details.
Why Should you Use the Mobile App?
Policyholders of HDFC ERGO can use the mobile app for following services:
- Know your policy details
- Emergency Assistance feature
- Know about driving score, average speed and hard breaks
- Find your nearest network hospital
Some of the points to be kept in mind while logging in to the website are:
- Make sure you carry valid email ID and policy number before HDFC ERGO login
- Never share your details with strangers
- E-locker facility to tag important documents for easy retrieval on mobile devices
Benefits of Registering on the Insurance Portal
Some of the advantages of using HDFC ERGO website are:
- 24×7 availability of service to access all information
- Easy login through policy number
- User-friendly interface to navigate on mobile devices
- Free access to avail services anywhere anytime
- Settlement of claims with utmost transparency
Q1. How can I renew my policy?
To renew any insurance policy, you need to visit the official website of HDFC ERGO and click “Renew”. Choose your insurance plan and proceed further to pay the premium amount for renewal.
Q2. What if I don’t have registered mobile number or email ID?
HDFC ERGO provides manual verification in case any of the customers do not have registered mobile number or email ID. Through manual verification, customers are required to enter policy number to proceed further and avail the services.
Q3. How can I check my policy status online?
For this you need to login to the website and enter the details of the insurance policy by simply clicking on “Know Your Policy”.
Q4. Is registering on HDFC ERGO free of cost?
Yes. It is absolutely free and can be accessed 24×7 online to avail any e-service.
Q5. What if I lose my mobile?
In case you lost your mobile, immediately call to the HDFC ERGO customer care and raise a ticket about the query. Your complain will be escalated as early as possible and the issue will be resolved soon.
Q6. What are the modes of premium payment?
Premium amount can be paid through online or offline mode. Online mode requires payment through credit card, debit card, ECS, net banking and others. On the other hand, offline mode requires cash payment of premium amount by visiting the nearest branch office of HDFC ERGO.