Universal Sompo General Insurance provides various insurance products under different categories. The insurance offers coverage for various risks and problems. These can be for personal as well as commercial purpose.
Types Of Universal Sompo General Insurance Plans
Universal Sompo General Insurance provides protections against various risks. Here are the types of insurance offered by the provider:
- Miscellaneous; Cattle Insurance Policy, Householder’s Insurance Policy
Documents Required to Purchase Universal Sompo General Insurance Plans
- Age Proof: Driving license, PAN card, passport, birth certificate
- Identity Proof: Passport, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license
- Address Proof: Bank A/c statement, electricity bill
- Income Proof: Employer’s certificate, I-T Return details
Universal Sompo General Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Plans
It plays a vital role in modern day’s life as it protects the insured against any sudden medical contingencies.
|Entry Age||Up to 75 Years|
|Sum Insured||Up to Rs 20 lakhs|
Motor Insurance Plans
According to the motor vehicles act, having a motor insurance is now compulsory more than a choice. A comprehensive motor insurance plan protects the rider against accident, fire, and earthquake.
Customers of partner banks are privileged with special health care plan. The policies’ names are IOB Health Care Plus Policy, Allahabad Bank Health Care Plus Policy and K Bank Health Care Plus.
|Entry Age||5-65 Years|
|Sum Insured||Rs 1 lakh- Rs 5 lakh|
Universal Sompo provides a variety of products to cover the needs of small scale to large scale businesses. Some of the plans are:
- Farmer’s Package Policy
- Shopkeepers Insurance Policy
- Jewelers Block Insurance Policy
- Money Insurance
- Office Package Policy
- All Risk Insurance Policy
- Standard Fire and Special Perils Policy
- Marine Insurance
- Public Liability
- Industrial All Risk Insurance
- Machinery Breakdown Policy
What Universal Sompo General Insurance Policies Covers?
Following are some of coverage provided by the Universal Sompo General Insurance policies as per the category:
- Domiciliary and hospitalization expenses
- Room, boarding, nursing expenses
- Can also be extended to cover critical illness, maternity, hospital cash, pre-existing with an additional premium
- The motor insurance covers if the loss or damage is raised from the fire, explosion, lightning, burglary, theft, riot, strike, terrorism, earthquake, and flood.
- Along with it, it also provides coverage to the third party injury and property damage
- Personal accident coverage for owner driver is compulsory under this plan
- Loss of cattle (In case of cattle insurance)
- Loss or damage to the animal driven cart
- Cover the premises against fire, lightning
- Death caused accidents including fire, lightning, earthquake, famine
Claim Process & Documents Required To Make Claim
- Health Insurance
The insurance company needs to be intimated about the insurance event. In case of death, written notice should be sent to company. Along with it, following documents should be submitted to process the claim
- Duly Filed Up Claim Form
- Death certificate (In case of death)
- Original FIR (In case of death)
- Post mortem report (In case of death)
- Hospitalisation report (In case of accident)
- Hospital discharge card (In case of accident)
- Motor Insurance
Register your claim by calling the toll-free number and get your claim number. After registering your claim, claim surveyor will be appointed who will evaluate the claim. In between, insured can repair their vehicle either in the network garages for cashless or somewhere else for which claim documents such as duly filed claim form, RC copy of the vehicle, original estimate of loss, repair invoice and payment receipt should be submitted to the insurance company for reimbursement.
3. Miscellaneous; Cattle Insurance Policy, Householder’s Insurance Policy
As soon as a loss is noticed, intimate the insurance company through the toll free number along with the following documents:
- Policy number
- Date & time of accident
- Location of loss
- Extent of loss
Cases Where One Can’t Make Claim
- Accidents outside the geographical area
- Normal wear and tear
- Driving without valid license
- Influence under the liqueur or drugs
- Injury or disease directly or indirectly attributable to war, act of foreign enemy
- Cosmetic treatment
- Pregnancy and child birth
- Naturopathy treatment
- Animal covered under the cattle insurance was suffering from any disease
- Content and money are excluded from the Shopkeeper’s insurance policy
Cattle Insurance Policy
- Theft and clandestine sale of the insured animal
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy
- Death of the animal covered under the policy
How Long Will It Take To Settle The Claim?
In case of motor insurance, health insurance, upon receiving the claim documents, the insurance company will make the payment within 5 days-30 days of completion of documentations to settle the claim.
It has now become easy to renew the Universal Sompo General Insurance policies through the online process. One should take a note of renewing their policy before the due date. In case one is not able to pay before date, insurance company gives grace period of 30 days where the insured can make payment and renew his policy.
Advantages Of Buying Universal Sompo General Insurance
Under motor insurance policy, the insured will get additional NCB (Non claim bonus) on renewal and what’s more, NCB is transferable as well:
- The premiums paid for health insurance policies are exempted from tax under section 80D
- Associated with 4000+ network hospitals and linked with 3500+ garages all over India for fast and easy claim settlement and cashless hospitalisation
- Policyholders are eligible for tax benefits for the premiums that they pay under section 80D of the income tax act, 1961
- Some of the polices under the umbrella of Universal Sompo General Insurance are portable wherein the insured can port his policy to another insurer within a period of 45 days
- Free look period of 15 days is provided by the Universal Sompo General Insurance where the policyholder can review the terms and conditions related to the policy taken and return the same if not accepted
In case one needs to submit any feedback or raise any complaint, they can do so with the help of customer care center which is open 24*7 through the following ways:
Customer care helpline: 1800-22-4030/ 1800-200-4030/1800-200-5142
Write to them at: Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd., Plot No – EL-94,KLS Tower, TTC Industrial Area, MIDC, Mahape, Navi Mumbai 400710.
Q1-Do I need to undergo medical tests to get health insurance policy from Universal Sompo?
For some plans, if the age of the policy seeker is more than 45, S/he needs to undergo medical tests prescribed by the Universal Sompo General Insurance. If accepted, 50% of the cost will be borne by the insurance company
Q2- What do we mean by cashless hospitalisation?
The insurance company will handover health card to the insured which they can produce at any network hospital of Universal Sompo for cashless hospitalisation. When patient or insured being admitted to the hospital, the hospital will contact the respective TPA and take the pre-authroisation. After this has been issued, the hospital will provide the treatment without cash being paid by the insured.
Q3- Within how many days one should file the claim?
In case of motor insurance claim, the policyholder should submit the claim within 1-3 days but the same claim period is extended up to 30 days when it comes to the health claim. Therefore, every policy and plan comes with their own time frame in which the policyholder needs to submit the claim