What is United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
As per the law, every two-wheeler owner needs to compulsory buy third party insurance. Going by the accidents, having Two-Wheeler insurance is more of a necessary than a choice. United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy provides comprehensive motor insurance to policy seekers which helps them protect their vehicle from unforeseen circumstances subject to terms and conditions. The company offers insurance policies online and has special 50% discount offers for the blind and mentally challenged riders on the road. United India is one of the few providers that offer extension of geographical area with a nominal additional amount of Rs.500.
Types of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
The United India Insurance Company Limited offers two kinds of two-wheeler insurance policies – Package policy and Liability Only policy and they are discussed below:
- The Package policy covers losses incurred through own damage in a number of situations such as natural calamities or manmade causes or theft. It also covers damages to third party as it is a comprehensive policy.
- The Liability Only policy covers losses incurred by third parties, including death and bodily injuries as well as damage to property.
What all United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Covers?
Circumstances under which cover will be provided by the United India Two Wheeler Insurance Policy:
Loss of or damage due to
- Fire explosion, self-ignition or lightning
- Burglary housebreaking or theft
- Damage due to natural occurrences (earthquake, flood, cyclones, flood, hailstorm frost)
- Damage due to mob activities, riots, terrorist activities
- Damage whilst in transit by road rail inland, waterway lift elevator or air
Liability To Third Party
In case the accident is caused by or arising out of the use of the insured vehicle, the insured will become liable to pay for the following:
- Death of or bodily injury to any person including the pillion rider
- Damage to property other than property belonging to the insured
Personal Accident Cover for Owner-driver
- This policy will pay compensation in case of bodily injury/death sustained by the Owner-Driver of the vehicle due to violent accident.
United India Two wheeler insurance Policy offers unique add-on covers that offer extra protection at additional premium rate:
Zero Depreciation Cover
This add-on cover offers depreciation waiver on metal and plastic parts in case of partial loss/claim. This cover ensures you the entire claim amount without deducting the depreciation on the parts that are replaced.
Loss of Accessories by theft can be covered at an additional premium of 3% of the value of the accessories.
Extension of Geographical area
This type of add-on offers extension of geographical regions by merely paying an additional premium of Rs.500. The regions covered are mentioned below:
Insured Declared Value
The Insured Declared Value is the sum insured which is fixed at the starting of each policy period for the insured vehicle. It represents the value of the vehicle as per current market conditions and is fixed on the basis of the manufacturer’s listed selling price of the brand and model.
If your vehicle is new, it will be covered at 95% of invoice price and thereafter depreciation will be charged as per the usage. The IDV will be calculated by applying the percentage of depreciation specified in the tariff on the showroom price of the vehicle.
If the vehicle is five years old and obsolete, IDV would be determined on the basis of an understanding between the insurer and the insured.
How to Apply online for United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Policy seekers can purchase a United India Two-wheeler insurance policy from the branch office, online way or from third party. Below are the step by step process to purchase a two wheeler insurance policy from United India Insurance official website:
- Visit the official website of the United India Insurance Company Limited
- Click on the ‘Motor Insurance’ option on the top right of the page, and then select ‘Get Quote and Buy’
- You will be redirected to a new page where in you will have to enter several details such as the name of the individual in whose the name the two wheeler is registered, the state in which the vehicle was registered, the kind of two wheeler that has to be insured, the class of two wheeler, the manufacturer, the model, the variant, the body type, the make year, the fuel type, the registration location and the name of the registration authority, the date of purchase and registration, etc.
- Once you have filled the aforementioned details, you will have to select whether or not you would like to cover the accessories installed in the two-wheeler, and whether or not you require additional cover
- After all the information has been entered, you will be shown a list of options that best suit your insurance needs
- Select the policy you like and the concerned team will get in touch with you to proceed with the process
Below are the steps for the policy seeker to know how the Two-Wheeler claim process takes place in United India Insurance Company:
- Intimate the insurance company in case of loss, damage, accident through phone call so that survey can be arranged
- In case of major accidents including fire, riot, losses, make sure that the two wheeler remains in the same spot as where the accident occurred so that a surveyor can inspect it
- If there is any third party injuries, death, contact the nearest police station immediately and inform about the same to the insurance company as well
- Upon completion of the initial formalities, the two-wheeler can be taken to an authorized workshop where he needs to obtain estimate cost from them and same should be submitted to the insurance company as well along with the claim form. If Third party injuries are involved, the policyholder needs to attach FIR also
- Later the policyholder need to submit the cash bills for spare parts and labour for reimbursement of the claim
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Duly-filled and signed claim form
- Copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle
- Copy of the driving license
- Copy of the insurance policy
- FIR, if applicable
- Third party loss details
- Repair bill in original, cash receipt, and proof of release
Exclusions Under United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
The claims would not be admitted under the below exclusions:
- Normal Wear and Tear and Electrical or Mechanical Breakdowns
- Damage to Tyres (unless vehicle is also damaged)
- Driver without a Valid Driving License
- Driving under the influence of intoxicants such as liquor or drugs
- When the vehicle is used for any illegal purpose
- Usage outside geographical limits
- Vehicle is used for Hire or Reward, Carriage of Goods, Organized Racing, Pace Making, Speed Testing, Reliability Trials
- Nuclear Wars and Perils
One can now renew their insurance policy online by clicking the ‘Renew Option’ on the official website. Afterwards, the policyholder needs to enter the policy number and make the payment via debit card, credit card and net banking. It is important for the policyholder to renew their policy before the expiry date to maintain the continuity or else, the vehicle needs to be physically inspected at your cost and a fresh proposal form will be collected.
United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Cashless Garages
The United India Insurance Company Limited has a wide network of garages across the country so that customers can find it easy to find solutions in times of emergencies. The list of network garages can be found on the official website of the company, and customers can find it by simply typing ‘Cashless Garage’ in the search bar on the website.
Advantages of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Claim settlement: Offers efficient, quick and hassle-free claim settlement services
- Customer Service: This Company has an excellent team of customer service that offers good and hassle-free pre-sales as well as post-sales services
- Discounts: This Company offers discounts like no claim bonus which ranges from 20% to 50% which depends on the claim-free years
- Add-ons: This Company offers essential add-ons for your two wheeler at an affordable costs. These add-ons enhance your basic two wheeler insurance. Example: Nil Depreciation etc.
Q1. What should I do if my two-wheeler is stolen?
The policyholder needs to intimate the police, lodge the FIR and same should be sent to the insurance company as well. One should know that delay in lodging FIR and intimating the claim can lead to rejection of the claim.
Q2. How the premium for two-wheeler insurance is calculated?
There are many factors which the insurance company takes into consideration while calculating the IDV and premium for your two-wheeler policy such as Add-on covers, your bike’s cubic capacity, age of the vehicle, your registration zone, to name few.
Q3. Does United India Two wheeler insurance Company offers NCB in case of an expired two wheeler insurance policy?
You can avail the NCB only if you renew your expired two wheeler insurance policy within grace period from the date of expiry. However, the United India Insurance Company would reject your NCB feature if you fail to renew your expired two wheeler insurance within the grace period.