A motor insurance is an important type of insurance for a car, two wheeler and commercial vehicle. It pays for the damage done to the vehicle along with hospitalisation expenses. A motor Insurance even pays the family in case of an accidental death of the policyholder. United India Motor Insurance policy is an insurance policy which provides for all private cars, two wheeler and commercial vehicles.
Types of United India Motor Insurance Plans
United India Motor Insurance policy offers 3 types of plans:
- Two-wheeler insurance plan: The comprehensive insurance for two wheeler is meant for own-damage and third-party liability
- Private car package plan: The policy provides insurance for private cars with third-party liability coverage and own car damage
- Commercial vehicle insurance plan: The insurance protects all types of vehicles used for commercial purposes. Vehicles running on rails are not covered
What all United India Motor Insurance Covers?
United India Motor Insurance Policy provides coverage under both Package policy and Liability Only policy.
Package Policy: It is available under 2 sections.
Section 1 covers loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to reasons like:
- Landslides and work slides
- Any kind of crime related to theft and burglaries, etc.
- Floods, cyclones and inundation
- During transit through rail, road, air, elevator or inland waterways
- Terrorist activities
- Accidental means (external)
Section 2 is liability of package policy. The coverage provided are:
- Liability related to third party for bodily injury or death and property damage
- Personal accident cover for owner driver for a specified sum insured
- Legal liability of the insured related to death/disability of third party
- Any damage or loss related to third party property
Liability only Policy: It takes care of any kind of liability related to third party, be it person, property or vehicle.
- Personal accident cover is payable to the owner/driver up to the sum insured under the policy clause
- Provides for legal and financial liabilities for injury, death or damage to third parties, including property
Add-on covers are additional protection as part of the base policy offered at an extra cost. Mentioned below are some of the add-on covers offered under United India motor insurance:
Zero (Nil) Depreciation Cover: Under this add-on cover, insurer offers depreciation waiver on metal and plastic parts in case of partial loss/claim. Also, policyholders receive the full claim amount without getting the depreciation cost deducted on the parts that are replaced.
Extension of Geographical Area: This add-on cover offers policyholders an extension of geographical area just by paying an additional premium of Rs. 500. Mentioned below are the regions covered under motor insurance:
- Sri Lanka
CNG/LPG Bio Fuel Kits: Policyholders can avail additional benefits just by paying extra 4% of price of such kit.
To avail motor insurance, individuals are required to fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Applicant should be 18 years of age or above
- Applicant should own a valid driving license
- Applicant should possess registration certificate of the vehicle
Documents Required to Buy the Policy
Some of the essential documents needed to apply for United India Motor Insurance policy are:
- Copy of Driving License
- Copy of Vehicle Registration Certificate
- ID Proof (Passport, PAN Card, Aadhaar, Passport, Voter ID card, etc.)
- Address Proof (Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Passport, Voter ID card, Utility bills, etc.)
- Passport size photograph
Procedure to Buy United India Motor Insurance Online Plan
Mentioned below are the steps to buy United India Motor Insurance Plan:
- Visit the official website of United India Insurance at https://uiic.co.in/home
- Click “Get Quote & Buy” under Motor Insurance tab
- Now you will be redirected to new page to enter details of your vehicle
- Enter details about your vehicle
- Enter add-on covers
- Then click “Click to see plans”
- Choose your plan and click “Get Quote”
- Now proceed to the payment page for successful purchase
Claim Process for United India Motor Insurance
- Contact the respective office of United India whenever an unfortunate event happens which is covered under the policy. If the insured is in any other city/town, contact the relevant office located in the respective city
- In case of major accidents (fire or losses), keep the vehicle at the accident site until the respective surveyor comes for inspection
- In case of any third party dates, also inform the nearest police station. Inform the respective third party representatives about relevant information regarding deaths/injuries or damage
- If treatment is provided at a hospital or a nursing home in the above case, then the name of the hospital and the related doctor’s name needs to be written
- After this, move or tow the vehicle to a workshop
- Also submit the assessor’s survey copy along with the relevant police copy and FIR (if applicable)
- For cashless claims, take the vehicle to a network garage. Here after the report submission, the insurance company will pay the bill to the garage.
- If the vehicle is taken to a garage of your choice, make the payment yourself to the garage and submit the bills to the company. After the scrutiny, the company will reimburse the bills.
Documents Required for Claim Process
The essential documents required for filing claims are:
- Original claim forms
- Copy of Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Copy of Driving License (DL)
- Copy of policy document
- FIR copy
- Attested repair bills
- Cash receipt and proof of release
- Pan Card/Passport or any other details for identification
- For company vehicle,respective company’s letterhead copy along with its rubber stamp
Exclusions under United India Motor Insurance
- All contractual liabilities
- Claims which are arising from vehicles which were driven via a person who doesn’t possess a driving license
- Driving under the influence or drugs or alcohol
- Claims which have been caused due to war peril or nuclear perils
- Geographical areas limited to the policy
Time Taken to Settle Claims
The Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) of United India Motor Insurance is 89.77%. Motor Claim Insurance can be settled within 3 days from the date of last necessary document submitted. Motor insurance claim might get rejected or delayed, in case of any fraudulent activity.
- Visit https://uicc.co.in
- Click “Renew Now”
- Select Motor Policy from the respective drop-down menu.
- A pop up will display, stating the renewal details
- Enter the respective 20-digit policy number. Click on the next button
- A new page will open showing the motor policy details. Click on Quick Online Policy button on the bottom right of the screen
- Policy details will show. Also, fill in the details under Personal Accident Cover
- Verify the respective contact details. Do update details, if needed
- Then click on the View and Confirm Proposal button
- You will be redirected to another page. Select the Confirm Proposal and Proceed for Payment button
- Final premium amount will be displayed. You can take a print out of the proposal
- After the proposal has been printed, click on Make the Payment button
- The user will be redirected to the bill desk. Choose the payment mode from various options
- On successful payment, policy will be renewed
Advantages of United India Motor Insurance
- Vintage Cars get discounts of 20%-50% depending on the number of claim free years.
- There is an Automobile Association Membership Discount provided in this policy.
- There exist discounts for Anti-theft Devices.
Customer Care Details
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: United India Insurance Co. Ltd.
24, Whites Road,
Chennai – 600014
- Call: 91-044-28520161
Read More: What is Car Insurance in Details
Q1. How much is the No Claim Bonus provided under this policy?
The No Claim Bonus discount provided under this policy is between 20% and 50%.
Q2. How much discount is provided for the Automobile Association Membership?
The discount provided under Automobile Association Membership is 5% on Own Damage (OD) premium. This is Rs. 200 for private cars and Rs 50 for two wheeler only (motorised).
Q3. How much discount is provided under Discount for Anti-theft devices?
The discount under Anti-theft devices is 2.5% on OD premium, maximum of up to Rs 200.
Q4. Does the policy provide any discount for specially abled people?
Yes, the discount for the blind, handicapped and mentally challenged person is 50% on OD premium.
Q5. Does the policy provide for drunk driving?
No, the policy excludes all claims arising out of drunken driving or due to influence of liquor or drugs.
Q6. Does the policy cover against damage caused by riots?
Yes, the policy covers for damage due to riots.
Q7. Does the policy provide for any damage caused by floods or cyclones?
Yes, the policy covers all damage due to floods and cyclones.