A car is used not only for day-to-day commute, but also for pleasure trips. Thus, to stay secure on the road and meet the expenses arising due to accidents or theft of the car, you should get a car insurance policy. Tata AIG car insurance policy is one plan that will provide you with the best of coverage. Also, without a car insurance, it would be illegal to take your car on the road.
What is Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy?
Tata AIG car insurance policy is a motor vehicle insurance plan designed to provide financial coverage against expenses incurred due to uncalled events related to your car. Being on road opens one to many risks which might lead to physical and/or financial loss. To encounter this, Tata AIG car insurance policy works the best.
What Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy Covers?
Following pointers will be of great help in ascertaining the coverage you’ll be getting with this car insurance policy:
- Loss of or damage to the insured car: Loss to the vehicle due to unfortunate events like fire, self-ignition, theft, etc.
- Third-Party liability: Provided as an add-on cover in most of the vehicle insurance plans, Tata AIG car insurance policy has this as an in-built feature (property damage or bodily damage to third party is covered)
- Personal accident cover for driver/owner: In case of accident if the owner/driver sustains bodily injuries or succumbs to death, Tata AIG car insurance shall pay compensation for the same
How to Buy Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy
Applying for this car insurance is not difficult. Follow the steps below and you should be good:
- Visit tataaig.com
- Click on the first tab flashing ‘Buy’ on the top bar
- Select the option of Car
- Fill in the vehicle status along with the vehicle no., registration date, etc.
- A quote will be generated
- Fill all the other required details along with submission of
- Click on ‘Buy Online For New Vehicle’
- You’ll be navigated to the form page where you need to fill the basic information like your personal information, vehicle number, etc.
- Submit and go for filling information to get your policy quote
- Once you are satisfied with the quote, move further to additional information
- Make the payment
To be eligible to buy this car policy, you need to be of 18 years old or above. Along with this, you need to showcase the original registration book of the car while purchase the policy. Since this is a private car insurance policy, no commercial car shall be entertained.
- As soon as the eventuality is encountered with, you are supposed to inform the insurance company via call, mail or post.
- Then get the claim registered by submitting the dully filed in Claim Form along with all the required supporting documents.
- After the receipt of documents and form, your claim shall be scrutinized by the appointed surveyor of Tata AIG.
- After verification, if all is found in accordance, the claim payment shall be released within the stipulated time, otherwise the decline notice shall be sent to the policyholder showcasing all the causes of the same.
Use one of the following methods to intimate the company:
- Toll Free Number – 18002667780
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – tataaig.com
Keep the following information handy while informing the insurer about the event:
- Contact Numbers
- Policy Number
- Name of the policyholder
- Date and Time of loss
- Location of loss
- Nature of Loss
- Place and Contact Details of the person at the loss location
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Motor Insurance policy with schedule and endorsement/clause
- Duly filled in claim form
- Registration Certificate of the car
- Valid Driving License
- Police FIR (in case of an accident)
Following are the cases that are not entertained by the car insurance policy:
- Accidental loss or damage caused due to drunk driving
- Accidental damage/loss done to the car outside the Geographical Area (this area refers to national highways, state highways and motorable roads of cities within mainland India, except in the states of Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim)
- Accidental damage done due to willful negligence
- If the driver is found driving without the valid driving licence
- No road-side assistance shall be provided in following cases:
- Acts of God, earthquake, fire (despite taking care by both the parties), invasion, rebellion, war, etc.
- If the car is used for racing, rallying, motor-sports, etc. or if the car is not used as per the applicable laws and rules of the State
- Loss due to nuclear weapons or radioactive weapons
- Normal wear and tear/depreciation
Apart from the coverage provided, there are certain extra inclusions one can opt for. For this one has to pay an extra amount. These add-ons are:
Depreciation Reimbursement: Although depreciation comes under exclusions but if paid for this add-on cover, complete coverage is offered without factoring out depreciation value
Return to Invoice: The difference of IDV and Invoice of the car is covered in this add-on
Emergency Transport & Hotel Expenses: Coverage of transport charges from place of accident to the place of emergency hotel accommodation
Road-side Assistance: If your car breaks down on road, this add-on cover will be active to help you get through sudden emergencies like flat tyre, flat battery, on-the-spot repair, towing assistance, etc.
Hire car: for cars taking more than 24 hours for repair, this add-on shall come in force. Till the time your car is getting repaired, your commuting shall be taken care of. This car replacement is provided maximum for a period of 10 days for repair case and 15 days in case of theft.
Key Replacement: Expenses incurred on procuring new keys shall be covered by Tata AIG car insurance
NCB Protection Cover: Take this extra cover to keep your NCB intact in case of making certain claims. NCB should be accumulated for a period of 2 years or more to exercise this cover
This is not an exhaustive list, thus it is advised to go through the policy document for a thorough outlook.
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
IDV is the maximum value decided by the insurance provider that is paid at the time of theft or total loss of the car. This is basically the current market value of the car (i.e. the selling price of the car + price of accessories, if any) after deduction of per-year depreciation.
Tata AIG provides its customers with the option of renewal in the simplest of procedure. You just need to visit the website of www.tataaig.com and visit the Renew page. Enter your mobile number and policy number and submit the same. Renewal premium shall be generated which you need to pay and that’s it; your policy is renewed.
It is advised to renew your policy before it expires, although grace period can also be exercised.
Tata AIG Cashless Garages
Tata AIG car insurance offers a wide network of cashless garages thus making its services highly accessible throughout the country. There are more than 2,000 centers where you can avail their cashless facility.
Advantages of Buying Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy
Some of the reasons to help you decide whether or not to click that ‘Buy’ button are listed below, thus go through the same:
- Add-on coverage makes it a comprehensive insurance policy
- Unhindered customer assistance keeps everyone happy
- Claim process is hassle-free
- Have a good and easy claim tracking system
Q1. If someone has more than one car, do they have to insure all of them?
Yes. To take any card on road, getting it insured is the legal minimum and one insurance plan doesn’t work for all the cars of the policyholder. Though, one can enjoy discounts if multiple insurance policies are bought from the same insurer.
Q2. Does Tata AIG car insurance include third-party liability? Is it compulsory to enroll in the same?
Yes. Getting third-party liability cover is a compulsion enforceable by law. With this car insurance, you don’t have to buy a separate cover for third-party as this is an in-built feature.
Q3. Is IDV the same for all policyholders?
IDV is not the same for all cars. It usually depends on car model, manufacturer’s price, place, etc.
Q4. What are the modes of online payment?
Online payment for purchase of new policy or renewal can be done using your credit card or debit card or via Net Banking.