A travel insurance plan helps to safeguard trips and travels against various medical and non-medical uncertainties. Star Health Travel Insurance policies have been especially designed keeping in mind the needs of travellers that might arise under different situations during the trip. The travel insurance covers the costs incurred while managing such situations.
What is Star Health Travel Insurance?
Star Health Travel Insurance offers international plans for individuals, business travellers and students travelling overseas. The plans cover the insured against a number of risks associated with travel. They compensate for the financial loss incurred due during various events like loss of passport, delay of checked-in baggage, personal accident, etc.
Types of Star Health Travel Insurance Plans
Star Health offers 3 travel insurance plans. They are:
- Individual Travel Insurance Plan
- Corporate Travel Insurance Plan
- Student Travel Insurance Plan
Star Health Travel Insurance Plans
Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy: The plan is designed for individuals and covers travel-related emergencies that might arise during international. The plan covers various medical costs coming up during the travel, be it for any purpose – business or vacation.
- Medical emergency
- Repatriation of mortal remains/medical emergency
- Compensation for accidental injuries and illnesses
- Loss of checked-in baggage/ passport
- Compensation for delay in the scheduled flight
- Compensation for missed connection or departure
- Trip cancellation due to accidental bodily injury or death of a family member
Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy: This travel plan is designed for corporate executives who have to travel overseas frequently because of the nature of their work. It is available for world-wide travel, including USA & Canada.
|Entry Age||6 months-70 years|
|Policy Issued (Duration)||4-180 days|
|Coverage||USD 50,000-USD 500000|
|Entry Age||6-70 years|
|Policy Issued (Duration)||30 days/ 45 days|
|Coverage||USD 1,00,000-USD 5,00,000|
What it Covers?
- Emergency medical expenses
- Emergency medical evacuation to India
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Loss of passport/delay of checked-in baggage
- Flight delay
- Expenses incurred in sending another employee as a substitute following the covered accidental injury or sickness of the policyholder
Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy: Star Health offers this travel insurance plan for those who are going abroad for higher studies on a student visa. It provides 3 option,s namely gold, silver, standard for travel to USA & Canada and travel world-wide other than USA & Canada.
|Entry Age||15-40 years|
|Policy Issued (Duration)||365 days|
|Coverage||USD 50000 / USD 100000 / USD 250000|
What it Covers?
- Emergency medical expenses
- Dental emergency expenses in case of an accident
- Personal accident
- Compassionate visit
- Study interruption
- Sponsor protection
- Repatriation of mortal remains
How to Apply Online for Star Health Travel Insurance
One can buy travel insurance plans offered by Star Health through their official website in few simple steps:
- Open the official website of Star Health and click on Travel Insurance under ‘Plans’ tab
- Select the plan you want to buy and click on it
- On the next page, policy seeker needs to select the Insurance cover, enter the date of birth, no. of days for which coverage is needed and lastly, enter the pin code
- Next, the premium amount will be displayed on the page
- If you are satisfied, make a payment and the policy will be issued
Claim Process for Star Health Travel Insurance
The process of submitting a claim under any of the travel plans by Star Health is quite easy and hassle-free. The steps are:
- To initiate or register a claim, simply contact them on their 24*7 toll-free contact number or send details such as insured name, policy number, hospitalisation or other event’s date, etc. on their official email ID for the help
- For documents, different claims will require different documents and the insured is required to submit the claim documents accordingly
- After evaluating the claim and documents, the insurance company will release the claim amount within the stipulated time period
Documents Required for Claim Process
Following are the documents to be submitted to the insurance company for the claim process:
- Assistance company reference no. and approval
- Claim form (duly filled in)
- Doctor’s advice report
- All diagnostic reports
- Original bills, receipts, prescriptions
- Discharge certificate
- Policy copy (as the case maybe)
- If expenses were paid by you, then proof of payment
- Copy of passport with immigration stamp
- Copy of the complaint filed with airline authorities (baggage loss)
- FIR copy, postmortem report (unnatural death)
- Copy of ticket (flight delay)
Note: This is not an exhaustive list and the required documents vary from case to case
Time Taken to Settle Claims
The insurance company settles the claim within 30 days from receiving the documents, if all the documents are in place. If further investigation is needed, the duration might increase.
Exclusions under Star Health Travel Insurance
Following are the general exclusions under Star Health Travel Insurance where the insurance company is not liable to pay for the claims:
- When you travel against medical advice or travel especially for receiving treatment
- Treatment for any pre-existing condition, travelling against the medical advice of attending physician
- Participation in hazardous sports activity leading to accidents, injury or loss of passport or baggage
- Direct or active participation in civil commotion or riots
- Damage due to civil war, act of foreign enemies, etc.
- Self-inflicted harm or injury or illness, suicide, attempted suicide
- Accidents due to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Intentional law breach or engagement in any illegal act or criminal activity
Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy can be renewed by the insured. However, other plans – Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy and Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy – are not renewable. To renew the corporate policy, the insured needs to contact the insurance company.
- If the insured is above 65 years and suffers from certain medical conditions, s/he needs to submit medical tests reports
- If the person is between 70 and 75 years, s/he will be covered at loading of 50% because of being prone to extra risks. Here, loading is the 50% extra premium to be paid because of the risk
- Any request for extension of the policy should be made before the expiry of the policy
Advantages of Star Health Travel Insurance
- Provides comprehensive coverage to the insured
- It covers possibilities like hijack distress, medical emergencies, flight delay and repatriation
- Easy claim settlement process
- Medical tests not required for those below 65 years of age
- Extension of policy is available
- Provides peace of mind to the insured in case of medical emergency
Customer Care Details
In case of claim procedure or any other assistance, the policyholder can use the following methods for assistance in the foreign land:
|Jurisdiction||Toll-Free Number For Assistance||Other Telephone Numbers||Fax Numbers||Email ID|
|North, Central & South America||+1800 2541032||+1 954 2710202||+1 877 395 email@example.com|
|Continental Europe, UK and Ireland, Africa and Pakistan||+34 900838022||+34 911 881 617||+34 915 932 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Singapore||8001302100||+65 315 80234||–||email@example.com|
|South & South East Asia, Middle East||1800 22 4004 (Toll Free within India)||+91-22-61273891 (24 hrs) +91-22-61273892/ 93||+91-22-6127 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Q1. What do I need to do in case of delay of my checked-in baggage?
If there is delay of checked-in baggage beyond 12 hours from actual arrival date, lodge a complaint with carrier and send this document along with the claim form to the insurance company. Meanwhile, the expenses incurred on purchase of toiletries, medicines and clothing will be later reimbursed.
Q2. Can I cancel my policy?
Cancellation of the policy can only be done if the insured submits passport as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.
Q3. What is hijack distress cover, as mentioned in the policy?
If your trip is delayed beyond 12 hours because of hijack, a lump sum stated in the policy schedule for every day of travel delay will be covered.