Car is considered a prized possession by most of the people thus, it makes perfect sense to safeguard the same to the best of extent. Just being a careful driver won’t solve the purpose because you are not alone on the roads. That’s why it’s imperative to get enrolled in car insurance policies like Shriram Car Insurance policy.
What is Shriram Car Insurance Policy?
Shriram Car Insurance policy, a motor vehicle insurance policy by Shriram General Insurance, is designed to provide financial protection against uncalled events related to your car. Any damage that might occur due to some unforeseen event does carry the capacity to disrupt your financial front and that’s what this car insurance policy aims to support.
What all Shriram Car Insurance Policy Covers?
Following pointers will be of great help in ascertaining the coverage you’ll be getting with this car insurance policy:
- Third-Party Liability: Unlike some other car plans, this feature is an in-built feature. In case of an accident, Shriram Car Insurance will cover any damage or problem faced by the third party due to the insured car. The third prty includes both the vehicle and people
- Loss/Damage to the car: Any damage done to the car due to natural (fire, self-ignition, etc.) or man-made calamities (theft, riots, strike, etc.) will be covered
How to Apply Online for Shriram Car Insurance?
Applying for Shriram car insurance is no big task. You just need to make sure to follow the steps mentioned below properly and you’re good to go:
- Visit shriramgi.com
- Click on the first tab flashing ‘Car’ on the top bar
- Read about the insurance policy properly
- Click on ‘Buy Online For New Vehicle’
- You’ll be navigated to the form page where you need to fill the basic information like your personal information, vehicle number, etc.
- Submit and go for filling information to get your policy quote
- Once you are satisfied with the quote, move further to additional information
- Make the payment
To be eligible for this car policy, you need to be of 18 years old or above. Along with this, you need to showcase the original registration book of the car while purchasing the policy. Since this is a private car insurance, no commercial car shall be entertained.
Shriram Car Insurance Policy Claim Process
The claim process for Shriram Car Insurance is not a complex procedure. Just follow these simple steps and you should be doing fine:
- To make a claim, first you need to register the same
- Information like policy number, date & time of accident, description, driver’s details along with DL, contact details of the insured, etc. should be kept handy while registering the claim
- Either reach the customer care help desk @ 1800-300-30000 or download the form online and fill the same before sending the same to email@example.com
- You’ll be provided with the claim reference number on call or via email (depending on the mode you chose in the first place)
- After the claim is registered and loss assessor is deputed, you will receive a text message for the confirmation along with surveyor details
- Provide the survey with the time to conduct the survey
- Submit the documents to the surveyor
- Once all the documents are done verifying with and the claim is scrutinised to satisfaction of the insurance company, you will receive notification about the same
- Payment shall be released within the stipulated time
Documents Required for Claim Process
You should be aware of the documents required for making claims. Here is a list of the documents.
- Motor Insurance policy with schedule and endorsement/clause
- Duly filled in claim form
- Registration Certificate of the car
- Valid Driving License
- Police FIR (in case of an accident)
Cases Where You Can’t Claim Shriram Car Insurance Policy (Exclusions)
Following are the cases that fall out of the periphery of this car insurance policy by Shriram General:
- Accidental loss or damage caused due to driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Accidental damage done due to willful negligence
- Driving without a valid license
- If the car is used for commercial purpose and encounters a loss/damage, no coverage shall be provided since this is private car insurance
- Loss due to nuclear weapons or radioactive weapons
- Normal wear and tear/depreciation
Add-on Covers under Shriram Car Insurance Policy
Apart from the coverage provided, there are certain extra inclusions one can opt for. For this one has to pay extra premium also. These add-ons are:
Zero Depreciation Cover: Although depreciation comes under exclusions but if paid for this add-on cover, complete coverage is offered without factoring out depreciation value
Daily Reimbursement: Coverage for alternate transport charges for the time insured car in under repair
Return to Invoice: The difference of IDV and Invoice of the car is covered in this add-on
Personal Belongings Cover: In case of theft in car there is a loss of jewellery, valuables, mobile phones, etc., the same shall be covered
Emergency Transport & Hotel Expenses Reimbursement: Coverage of transport charges from place of accident to the place of emergency hotel accommodation
Key Replacement: Expenses incurred on procuring new keys
NCB Protection Cover: This cover ensures your No-Claim Bonus remains intact even if you do make claims
Multi-Car Rebate: For those who have more than one car and get insurance of these cars from Shriram General Insurance Company, you are entitled to rebates on premiums
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
IDV is the maximum value decided by the insurance provider that is paid at the time of theft or total loss of the car. This is basically the current market value of the car (i.e. the selling price of the car + price of accessories, if any) after deduction of per-year depreciation.
Shriram Car Insurance Policy Renewal
To keep up with the benefits of your Shriram car insurance policy, it is quite imperative to get your policy renewed every time your policy is due to expire or within the grace period. All you need to do is just go to the official website of www.shriramgi.com and click on ‘Quick Renewal’. Enter policy number and submit the same. Now you will be shown the renewal amount. Make the payment and it’s done.
Shriram car insurance policy covers quite a range when it comes to cashless garages. To check the one nearest to you, follow the steps below:
- Click here https://www.shriramgi.com/Cashless.aspx
- Enter your state
- Enter your city
- A list will appear on the screen
- Browse through the same and you have address of the cashless garage nearest to you
Advantages of Buying Shriram Car Insurance Policy
Some of the reasons to help you decide whether or not to click that ‘Buy’ button are listed below, thus, go through the same:
- Hassle-free buy & renewal
- 24 x 7 customer assistance
- Bother-less claim process
- Easy claim tracking system requiring only the policy number
Q1. I have 3 cars and one of them is insured. Is it sufficient?
For every car you buy, you need to get insurance policy separately. Although with Shriram car insurance, you have the advantage of multi-car rebate. In this, if you get more than one car of yours insured, you are awarded with premium discount.
Q2. Is IDV the same for all the policyholders?
No, it is not the same. For every car, Insured Declared Value (IDV will be different as this is calculated keeping in mind various factors like manufacturer’s price, design of the car, etc.
Q3. Do I get any discount if I opt for online purchase of this car policy?
Yes, there certainly is. There is a 40% discount available for hassle-free, paper-less online purchase.
Q4. What are the options to make online payment?
Whether it is for purchasing or renewal of the policy, there are multiple easy online payment options available at Shriram General Insurance viz. Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.