Shriram General Insurance offers non-life or general insurance products under different categories. The plans provide financial protection against various risks of life. Some of these issues could be fire, flood, accident, hospitalisation, etc.
Types of Shriram General Insurance Plans
Here are the various insurance products offered by Shriram General Insurance.
- Car Insurance
- Two Wheeler Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Other Insurance
Documents Required to Buy Shriram General Insurance Policies
- Age Proof: Driving license, PAN card, passport, birth certificate
- Identity Proof: Passport, Voter ID card, PAN card, driving license, passport, etc.
- Address Proof: Bank A/c statement, utility bills, ration card, passport, etc.
- Income Proof: Employer’s certificate, ITR details, salary slips
- Medical examination report (health insurance)
- Flight tickets (travel insurance)
- Registration certificate of vehicle (motor insurance)
Note: Document requirement varies from policy to policy
Shriram General Insurance Plans
Car/Two wheeler/Commercial Vehicle Insurance: These insurance plans provide comprehensive coverage to the policyholder against various risks like loss or damage to the vehicle and bodily injury or death of the policyholder. It also covers third party liability i.e. loss/damage to another vehicle or bodily injury to another person because of the insured vehicle.
|Names of Plans||Features|
|Shriram Car Insurance Policy|
|Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Policy|
|Commercial Vehicle Package Policy|
Travel Insurance Policy: It is designed for people going abroad for holiday, study or business. Shriram Travel Insurance offers complete protection against any mishap occurring during the travel, such as loss of passport or baggage, trip delay or cancellation, sudden medical emergency expenses and more.
|Names of Plans||Sum Insured||Entry Age||Features|
Shri Travel Plus
Shri Travel Elite
Shri Travel: USD 50000Shri Travel Plus: USD 100000Shri Travel Elite: USD 200000
|Adults: 18-65 years|
Children: 3 months-21 years
Home Insurance: Shriram Home Insurance covers your house and anything attached to the structure of the home like garage, porch or deck against fire, explosion, riot, etc.
- Covers built-in appliances in the house
- Structures that aren’t directly attached to the home, such as a separate guest house, can also be covered under this insurance.
Personal Accident Insurance: This insurance policy covers the insured against death and disablement (total/permanent/partial) and accidental bodily injury.
- In case of death, 100% compensation is available for the nominee
- Add-on available for comprehensive coverage, such as Hospital Confinement Allowance, Accidental Hospitalization Cover and Medical Expense Reimbursement
Other Insurance: The company offers other types of insurance that help cover risks in different spheres of life. Some of these plans also provide financial protection for business risks.
- Fire Insurance
- Engineering Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Shri Surakhsa Insurance
- Householder’s Umbrella Package Insurance
- Shopkeeper Umbrella Package Insurance
- Fidelity Guarantee Policy
- Burglary Insurance
- All Risk Insurance
- Business Protector Insurance
How to Buy Shriram General Insurance Plans Online
- Visit the official website of Shriram General Insurance and select the plan mentioned on main page
- Click on ‘Click here to buy’
- A new form page will open. Enter the personal details in the form
- Once it is done, pay the premium via net banking, credit card, debit card or other available modes
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Duly signed in claim form
- Policy documents
- Registration certificate (Motor Insurance)
- Driving license (Motor Insurance)
- FIR copy (accidents)
- Documents to assess the stock at the time of loss (In case of fire insurance)
- Documents to substantiate the stock at the time of loss (In case of fire insurance)
- Copy of boarding pass (Travel insurance)
- Repair bills
- Discharge summary
Note: This is not an exhaustive list.
Claim Process for Shriram General Insurance
- For any eventuality, a policyholder needs to intimate the company within 24 hours or as early as possible
- To register the claim, submit details like policy number, estimate loss or any other details relevant to the claim
- For car and bike insurance claims, call on 1800 209 9960. For health and travel insurance claims, call on 1800 209 9970
- Once the claim is registered, the insurance company will assess the claim and if found satisfactory, the claim amount will be settled
Time Taken to Settle Claims
In case of reimbursement, claims get settled within 30 days from the date of receipt of documents, provided the policyholder submits requisite documents on time and no further investigation is required.
Exclusions under Shriram General Insurance Plans
Shriram General Insurance is not liable to pay, if the claim arises because of the following event/s:
- Suicide, attempted suicide
- Self-inflicted injury
- Driving under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Injury, disablement, death directly or indirectly due to pre-existing diseases
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Death due to nuclear energy, radiation
- Visit the official website of Shriram General Insurance
- Click on ‘Quick Renewal’ option given on the main page
- Enter your policy number and click on ‘Proceed’
- Make the payment via debit, credit card and net banking
Advantages of Reliance General Insurance Plans
- Policyholder can get transferred the accumulated No Claim Bonus (NCB) from Reliance in case he/she wants to change the insurance company.
- 24*7 customer support
- Hassle-free cashless claim service at preferred network garages
- Cashless hospitalisation worldwide in case of travel insurance policy
- Add-on benefits help extend the coverage
Customer Care Details
In case you are looking for assistance in claim filing, connect with the customer care team through the following medium:
Call: 1800-300-30000 (Toll-free number)
Q1. Why should one buy/ renew motor insurance online?
- One can get up to 40% discount on premium amount if purchased online
- No paperwork required
- Multiple payment gateways
Q2. What is IDV?
All the vehicles are insured at a fixed value known as Insured Declared Value (IDV). It is the current market value of the vehicle. In case your vehicle is stolen or is completely damaged, IDV is the maximum claim amount offered to you.
Q4. What is the policy cancellation process?
In case the insured wishes to surrender the policy, he/she can do so by filling the surrender form and submitting other required documents to the insurance company.
Q5. What are the modes of premium payment?
Shriram general insurance offers various options for premium payment, such as cheque, credit card, debit card or Net banking.