After buying an insurance plan by SBI General, be it a health plan or a motor or travel insurance plan, managing the policy requires your attention in terms of premium payment, updating changes, etc. To do so, there are two ways, offline and online. While the former option is traditional and quite familiar, latter is easy and convenient, not to mention the time-saving aspect of it. Thus, to avail the online services, you must be awaree of the SBI General Insurance login and registration process.
E-Services Available on SBI General Insurance Portal
You can use the customer portal of the insurance company for performing following tasks:
- Get detailed information about the various plans and policies available with the insurance company
- Online renewal of the existing policies
- Purchase of new policies
- Locating nearby branch office of SBI General
- File claim
- Track the claim status
- Check policy status
- Update changes in the policy
How to Register on SBI General Customer Portal
In order to login to the customer portal of the insurance company and avail services offered, you must register, steps of which are stated below:
- Visit the website of SBI General Insurance Company Limited (www.sbigeneral.in).
- On the top of the page, hover over ‘Login’ and choose Customer.
- On the login page, click on ‘Register’ link.
- You will be taken to the registration page.
- Add details like your name, mobile no. etc. and set a password.
- Submit the details to register.
How to Login at the SBI General Customer Portal
Once you are a registered customer, you can easily login to the customer portal of the insurance company using the steps provided below:
- Go to the official website of SBI General Insurance.
- Search for Login button on the top right corner of the page and click on Customer.
- Enter your email ID or User ID and password.
- Submit the details to login.
Login Process if you Forget Your Password
In case you have forgotten your password and thus are unable to login, follow the steps provided further to access your customer account:
- Visit the login page of SBI General Insurance from the home page (www.sbigeneral.in )
- On the login page, add your email ID.
- Click on the hyperlink saying ‘Forgot Password’.
- Follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
Benefits of Registering on SBI General Insurance Login Portal
When you are a registered online customer of the insurance company, following benefits rush your way:
- Accessing your policy online becomes easier
- No need to visit the office of SBI General every time there is a change in your details, like a change in mobile number or address. This can easily be done by logging in to the customer portal of the company
- A registered customer can also use the SBI General mobile app and do away with cumbersome task of physical visits to the office
- Payment of renewal premium amount can be done simply by logging in to the website
- Policy details can be viewed anytime, from anywhere
- Filing a claim becomes easy as the customer portal as well as the mobile app, boyh provide the option of online claim filing
Q1. Can I register for SBI General Insurance login portal if I don’t have a policy?
No. This service is available for the registered customers of SBI General Insurance.
Q2. How to renew policy online?
An SBI General Insurance policy can easily be renewed online. Visit the website of the insurance company and login to access your account where you can easily pay your premium and renew the policy.
Q3. Do I have to login to the mobile app every time?
No, you can choose to stay logged in. Once you have entered your username/user ID and password, you will be logged in can use the app multiple times in the session. You will be logged out only when you manually chose to log out.
Q4. How to recover the login password?
Click here for steps to retrieve your SBI General Insurance login password online. Alternatively, you can also call the customer care department of the insurance company at 1800 22 1111 or 1800 102 1111.
Q5. How to online update the policy for a change in my address?
To update your address, you need to first login to the customer portal of SBI General Insurance and from there you can choose the option to update the policy details.