Royal Sundaram General Insurance provides different types of non-life or general insurance plans under different heads. The general Insurance plans provide financial protection in case of health-related issues, and loss or damage related to car, house, travel, business, etc.
Types of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Plans
Royal Sundaram offers customised insurance products for various needs. These can be categorised under:
Documents Required to Buy Royal Sundaram General Insurance Plans
To buy any of the Royal Sundaram general insurance plans, following documents are needed:
- Photo ID proof (Voter ID card, passport, Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving licence, etc.)
- Age proof (Voter ID card, passport, Aadhaar card, birth certificate, PAN card, etc)
- Address proof (Voter ID card, passport, Aadhaar card, property tax receipt, utility bills, ration card, etc.)
- Medical test reports (health insurance plans)
- Travel tickets (travel insurance plans)
- Income Proof (ITR Details, salary details, etc.)
- Registration certificate (RC) of the vehicle (motor insurance)
- Driving license (motor insurance)
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Plans
Health insurance: These plans are designed to protect an individual and his family during medical emergency. It provides comprehensive protection for any hospitalisation expenses incurred due to a sudden illness or accident.
|Names of Plans||Entry Age||Sum Insured||Features|
|Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance||Adults:18 years- No maximum limit|
Children: 3 months to 25 years
|Rs.2 lakh-Rs. 1.5 crore|
|Royal Sundaram Family Plus Health Insurance||Adults: 18 yrs-NA|
|Rs.2 lakh-Rs. 50 crore|
Motor Insurance: Royal sundaram offers car insurance and two-wheeler insurance plan that provides comprehensive protection to the rider along with several other benefits.
|Name of Plans||Features|
|Royal Sundaram Car Shield Policy|
|Royal Sundaram Two-Wheeler Insurance Plans|
Home Insurance: It safeguards the building and its contents against various perils like fire, lightning, earthquake, riots, burglary, thefts etc.
|Name of Plans||Sum Insured||Features|
|Royal Sundaram Home Shield Policy||Rs.5 lakh- Rs.1 crore|
|Royal Sundaram Home Insurance- Household Article||Rs.1.25 lakhs to INR 1.7 crores|
Travel Insurance: Royal Sundaram offers travel insurance plans to individuals who are travelling overseas for business, holiday or study. A travel insurance allows you to handle any medical or unforeseen travel crisis such as loss of passport, luggage, etc. effortlessly in the foreign land.
|Name of plans||Entry age||Sum Insured||Features|
|Royal Sundaram Travel Secure – Leisure Trip||91 days to 70 years|
|USD 50,000-USD 10,00,000|
|Royal Sundaram Travel Secure – Multi Trip||91 days to 70 years||NA|
|Royal Sundaram Travel Secure – Student Plan||12 years to 40 years|
|Royal Sundaram Travel Secure – Asia Plan||91 days to 70 years||USD 100,000|
It offers various polices specially meant for corporate, rural and social sectors. The plans provide financial protection to business. Some of the business insurance plans are:
- Marine insurance
- Engineering insurance
- Liability insurance
- Office insurance
- Theft/Burglary insurance
- Royal Sundaram Shakthi Health Shield
- Royal Sundaram Shakthi Security Shield
How to Buy Royal Sundaram General Insurance Plans Online?
- Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram General Insurance and select the plan
- Click ‘Buy now’
- A new form page will open. Enter the personal details in the form
- Click on ‘Get quote’
- Make the payment via internet banking, if the plan suits your requirement
Documents Required for Claim Process
Following are some of the common documents needed for claim process:
Motor insurance claim
- Claim form
- Policy documents
- Copy of Registration certificate/Driving license
- Original repair bills
- Medical certificate (for accidents)
- Copy of FIR
Health insurance claim
- Claim form
- Policy documents
- Discharge summary
- Original hospital bills and receipts
Travel insurance claim
- Copy of passport
- Policy documents
- Hospital bills
- Copy of boarding pass
- Discharge summary
- FIR copy
- Death certificate/postmortem report
Note: This list is not an exhaustive list.
Claim Process for Royal Sundaram General Insurance Plans
- In case of any eventuality, inform the insurance company within 24 hours and register the claim
- Download the relevant claim form from the official website and submit it along with requisite claim documents
- In case of Home Insurance claim, policyholder needs to intimate the claim through their call centre so that they appoint a surveyor to assess the damage, at the earliest
- After evaluation, the claim will be settled, if approved
Time Taken to Settle Claims
Royal Sundaram provides cashless facility where the payment will be done by the insurance company. For timely claim settlement, all documents should be in place. In case of reimbursement, claims will be paid within 3-30 days.
Exclusions under Royal Sundaram General Insurance
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company is not liable to pay if the claim arises because of the following event/s:
- Death caused by suicide
- Injuries caused due to riots, wars etc.
- Voluntary participation in war
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Driving without valid license
For Royal Sundaram General Insurance plans, policyholders are provided with Insta Renew option when they can renew the policy instantly. Below are the steps for this:
- Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram and click on ‘Insta Renew’ tab
- A new page will open. Here enter your Policy Number and Expiry Date
- View policy details and the premium payable
- Make online payment through the available payment modes
Advantages of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Plans
- Health insurance plans are portable where the insured can transfer the credit for pre-existing conditions
- Cashless hospitalisation
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961 for the premium paid for health insurance
Customer Care Details
In case you have any query regarding Royal Sundaram General Insurance policy or need assistance in filing claim, connect with the Royal Sundaram Customer care team through the following medium:
Q1. Is it possible to register a claim through online process?
The policyholder can inform the company about the claim online as well by clicking on ‘Notify Claims’ given on the main page.
Q2. What does sum assured mean in health insurance?
It is the maximum amount that the insurance provider will cover in case of hospitalisation of the policyholder. And in case the bill amount exceeds the sum assured, the balance amount needs to be paid by the policyholder.
Q3. What is Insured Declared Value (IDV)?
IDV is the current market price of the insured vehicle. It is the maximum sum insured that a policyholder receives in case of loss/damage to the vehicle.
Q4. How is the health insurance premium calculated?
The premium of health insurance depends on factors like age of insured person, plan type, sum insured, duration of plan, number of individuals covered and existing medical condition.