Reliance General Insurance offers an array of health insurance products to suit the requirements of various categories. The affordable and easily accessible Reliance health insurance plans provide coverage to meet the emergency medical expenses of the family.
Types of Reliance Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance HealthGain Insurance
- Reliance Personal Accident Insurance
- Reliance HealthWise Health Insurance
- Reliance Critical Illness Insurance
The general eligibility criteria for buying Reliance Health Insurance plans are:
|Entry Age||Adults: 5-65 years|
Children: 91 days-4 years
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 lakh-Rs. 18 lakh|
|Policy Renewal Period||Lifetime|
|Maximum Permitted Members||6 members, including 2 adults and 4 children|
Documents Required to Purchase Plans
Individuals need below mentioned lists of documents to buy Reliance Health Insurance Plans:
- Age Proof (Voter ID, PAN, Birth Certificate, Driving License)
- Address Proof (Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport)
- Photo Identity Proof (Voter ID, Aadhaar, PAN, Passport, Driving License)
- Passport-size Photograph
- Bank Proof (Cancelled Cheque, Bank Statement)
- Medical Reports
- Income Proof (Form 16, Employer’s Certificate)
How to buy Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Mentioned below are the steps required to purchase Reliance Health Insurance plans:
- Visit the official website of Reliance Health Insurance at https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Health-Insurance.aspx
- Select “Existing Policy with Reliance” as “No”
- Fill required details and click “Check our prices”
- Now you will be able to see your quote details
- Click “Continue to Buy”
- Enter all the details and click “Next”
- Pay the premium amount through different online modes
Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Here are the details of the 4 health insurance plans offered by Reliance General.
Reliance Health Gain Insurance
This plan can be availed under individual and family floater plan basis. Under this plan, individuals can avail coverage for day care, consultations, tests and other related expenses.
|Entry Age||91 days-65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 lakh-18 lakh|
Reliance Personal Accident Insurance
Under this plan, financial assistance is provided to the nominee or policyholder in case of demise or disablement caused due to an accident. This plan provides coverage for medical expenses, education, carriage of body and others.
|Entry Age||5years-65 years|
Reliance HealthWise Insurance
This is a comprehensive health insurance plan which provides wide coverage for family members. Under this plan, individuals are provided with renewal discounts, income tax benefits, coverage for hospitalisation expenses and other related expenses.
|Entry Age||3 months-65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 1 lakh-Rs. 5 lakh|
Reliance Critical Illness Insurance
This plan safeguards the insured from 10 critical illnesses by offering financial security at the time of treatment. With the escalating medical costs, this plan may turn into boon for the individuals.
|Entry Age||18 years-65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 5 lakh-Rs. 10 lakh|
Reliance Network Hospitals
There are more than 4000 network hospitals for the policyholders wherein they can avail cashless facility in case of an emergency.
Reliance General Insurance provides 2 types of claims settlement procedures – cashless and reimbursement. Under the cashless system, the insurance company directly pays the hospital bills. As part of reimbursement, the policyholder pays the bills on discharge and the amount is later reimbursed by the insurance provider.
- On being admitted to a Reliance General Insurance network hospital, show the health card of Reliance Insurance to the hospital
- Fill the ‘Cashless Claim form’ and submit the duly signed form at the help desk of the hospital
- The hospital forwards the form and bills to the insurance company
- If approved, the provider will directly pay the bills to the network hospital
- Policyholder pays the hospital bills on discharge
- Then, file the claim with Reliance Health Care for reimbursement
- Submit the original bills, documents and medical reports required for claiming the insurance
- If approved, the insurance company will pay the amount to the policyholder
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Claim form (signed and duly filled in)
- Original FIR
- Post-mortem report (in case of death)
- Original Punchnama
- Death certificate
- Hospitalisation Report
- Hospital discharge card
- Original certificate provided by government hospital
- Termination Letter (in case of temporary disablement)
Time Taken to Settle Claims
In case of reimbursement claim, Reliance Health Insurance settles the claim within the 15 days of the request. Whereas for the cashless claim, the insurance company pays directly to the network hospital within 48 hours.
Reliance Health Insurance Policy does not cover some of the medical expenses. They are:
- Any medical expenses raised within 30 days of the commencement of the policy
- Expenses made for cosmetic surgery
- Expenses incurred for treatment of of self-harm or abuse of drugs and alcohol
- Treatment done out of India
- Stem cell treatment
- Treatment for dental procedures or dental surgeries is not
- Non-allopathic treatment
- Treatment resulting from acts of war
- Treatment for diseases related to AIDS/HIV
- Lab diagnosis expense
- Pre-existing diseases
As most of the Reliance Health Insurance Plans are lifelong renewable, there is no such process yet. Also, policyholders are provided with no bar on age for renewal.
Advantages of Buying Reliance Health Insurance Plans
- For every claim free year, the base sum insured is incremented by 33.33% up to a maximum of 100%
- The plans cover up to 6 members of family, including 4 children and 2 adults
- If there is any delay in the cashless claim settlement, you will be entitled 1% of the claim amount
- This policy offers cashless facility at more than 3000 network hospitals
- The insurance plan offers nursing allowance for 5 days
- Pan offers a discount of 10% to 40% on membership, medicines, and investigations
- Premium offers tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- The plan offers a recovery benefit to the insured members who are hospitalised for more than 10 days
- Plans come with a 15-day trial to let you cancel within the trial period if not satisfied
Customer Care Details
For any policy related query, use the folllowing methods:
Call: 18003009 (Toll-free)
Address: Reliance General Insurance, Correspondence Unit, 2nd & 3rd Floor, Winway Building, 11/12, Block No-4, Old No-67, South Tukoganj, Near Madhumilan Square, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India – 452001
Q1. What are the different modes of premium?
One can pay via cash at the branch office, or online. For online payments, the premium can be paid through
- Credit Card
- Debit Card through ATM PIN
- Net banking
- Debit Card through 3 D secure PIN
Q2. What is the policy cancellation process followed by Reliance Health Insurance?
Fill the surrender form and submit the policy documents at the branch office. Once the cancellation process is complete, the refund will be deposited directly into the account.
Q3. How to check the claim status for a Reliance Health Insurance Policy?
One can check the policy status online by logging in online.
Q4. Does this policy cover one-day treatments?
For some diseases, Reliance Health Insurance Policy offers day care treatments. These are the disease which may not need the insured member to extend the days of hospitalisation. These are:
- Cardiac Catheterization