Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance policy provides financial protection to the insured vehicle against damage due to natural disasters, thefts and accidents. As it is mandated by the law, it also covers financial liability for third party injury or death and property damage involving the insured two wheeler.
Types of Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance
The policies offered by Reliance General Insurance Company can be categorised into two types:
- Third-Party Liability Policy: It is a compulsory policy according to the law that covers any damage or bodily injury to a third party along with the property damage
- Comprehensive Package Policy: Comprehensive coverage provides coverage to your vehicle, to the policyholder against any damage, or loss due to natural and man-made for 1/2/3 years. Along with that, it also covers third party liability. Opting for long-term two-wheeler insurance helps the policyholder avoid yearly renewals and save on premium hike for Third Party Rates
What all Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance Covers?
Reliance General Insurance Company covers you in multiple scenarios and cases. The following are the cases in which they will cover you against the losses and damage: –
Loss or damage due to:
- Fire explosion, self-ignition or lightning
- Burglary housebreaking or theft
- Damage due to natural occurrences (earthquake, flood, cyclones, flood, hailstorm frost)
- Damage due to mob activities, riots, terrorist activities
- Damage during transit by road, rail, inland, waterway, lift, elevator or air
Liability to Third Party
In case the accident is caused by or arising out of the use of the insured vehicle, the insured will become liable to pay for the following:
- Death of or bodily injury to third party
- Death or bodily injury to any person carried in the two wheeler
- Damage to property other than property belonging to the insured
Personal Accident Cover for Owner-driver: The policy pays compensation in case of bodily injury/death’disability sustained by the owner-driver of the vehicle due to an accident. The insurance company compensates, if the claim arises because of the following circumstances and the total liability of the insurance company shall not in the aggregate exceed the sum of Rs. 15 lakh during any one period of insurance.
How to Apply Online
- Visit the official website and hover your mouse on Two Wheeler Insurance
- Click on it and you will be take directed to the main page
- On the side bar, enter the registration number, Email ID, mobile number
- Afterwards, complete the form by entering the details of the vehicle, select the extensions and add-on covers available, calculate the premium, and make the necessary payment through the available payment options
Claim Process for Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance
In case of an accident or damage and of the insured vehicle, the policyholder or someone from his behalf needs to intimate the insurance company about the event and following are the steps for claim settlement:
- Register the claim by calling the company’s toll-free number
- While intimating the insurer, following details should be kept handy:
- Name of insured person
- Insurance policy number
- Contact number
- Date, time, and location of accident
- Brief description of accident
- Address and contact details of the insured person in case a claim is notified by a person other than the insured vehicle owner
- In case of major accidents including fire, riot, losses, make sure that the two wheeler remains in the same spot as where the accident occurred so that a surveyor can inspect it
- One can contact the customer care for nearby network garages
- Take the vehicle to the authorized garage for repairing and intimate the insurer about the garage details
- Submit the required documents within 10 days from the date of repair
- Once the company confirms the liability, you can get your cashless repairs bills settled by the company if the repairing is done at any of the authorized cashless garage.
- If the repairing isn’t done at an authorized garage, then the insured will have to get the bill from the garage and submit it to the company along with the claim form.
Documents Required For Claim Process
Following documents are required to process the claim and they are as follow:
- Claim-free filled up
- Registration Number
- Vehicle manufacturing date
- RC book
- Contact details and personal information of the policy holder
- Driving license
- Vehicle papers that state that you own the vehicle
- Policy documents.
When you file the claim, you will have to submit the following documents.
- Original estimate
- Repair invoice and payment receipt.
- FIR in case of major damage or thefts
- Charge sheet in case of third-party property damage For Claims related to Theft :
- FIR copies of the complete report
- RTO papers duly signed in, including Form 28, 29, 30, and 35
- A no-trace report from the police
Third Party claims
- FIR copy of the complete report
- Charge sheet in case of third-party property damage
Time Taken to Settle Claims
Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance claims can be settled within 3 days to 30 days from the date of last necessary documents submitted. To avoid any rejection or delay in the claim process, individuals should not be involved in any of the fraudulent activities.
Below are some of the add-on covers policyholder can avail to increase the coverage of their insured vehicle:
- Nil Depreciation cover: Covers the cost of depreciable parts such as rubber, metal, plastic, nylon, etc at the time of claims. It secures your two-wheeler against a reduction in the value of parts with age
- Personal Accident: It offers protection against an accident anywhere across the globe irrespective who is driving the two-wheeler. It covers accidental death and permanent total disablement
- No-Claim Bonus: To retain the No Claim Bonus even after lodging a claim, so that you can avail discount on the next year’s premium, pertaining to the maximum of 2 claims made in a policy period.
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Insured Declared Value is the the maximum assured amount that insurer pays to policyholder in case of theft or lass due to an accident made to the two-wheeler. In other words, it is the current market value of the two-wheeler.
Exclusions under Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance
Even though Reliance General Two-wheeler insurance covers a lot of claims there are some exclusions under the plan. They are listed below as follows:
- Normal Wear and Tear
- Damage to Tyres (unless vehicle also damaged)
- Driver without a Valid Driving License
- Driving under the influence of intoxicants such as liquor or drugs
- When the vehicle is used for any illegal purpose
- Usage outside geographical limits
- Vehicle is used for Hire or Reward, Carriage of Goods, Organized Racing, Pace Making, Speed Testing, Reliability Trials
- Nuclear Wars and Perils
Mentioned below are the simple steps for Reliance General Two Wheeler renewal:
- Visit the official website of Reliance General at https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Motor-Insurance/Renewal-Online-Premium-Calculation.aspx
- Enter policy number or mobile number and click “Go”
- Pay the premium amount through different modes available
- You will receive notification on registered mobile and e-mail ID after successful renewal
Insured Declared Value
The Insured Declared Value is the sum insured which is fixed at the starting of each policy period for the insured vehicle. It represents the value of the vehicle as per current market conditions and is fixed on the basis of the manufacturer’s listed selling price of the brand and model.
If your vehicle is new or just six months old, it will be covered at zero or 95% of invoice price and thereafter depreciation will be charged as per the usage. The IDV will be calculated by applying the percentage of depreciation specified in the tariff on the showroom price of the vehicle. However, if the vehicle is five years old and obsolete, IDV would be determined on the basis of an understanding between the insurer and the insured.
Reliance General Cashless Garages
In case of emergency, policyholder has an option to choose from 430+ network garages to repair their damaged vehicle and avail cashless facility. You can go on the site and put in the details of your vehicle and your location. The site will come up with the details of the closest cashless garage to you.
Advantages of Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Offers cashless facility in over 430 network garage where policyholder can get their two-wheeler repaired
- Hassle-free claim settlement process
- 24*7 online support
- Various add-on covers available to increase the coverage of your two-wheeler
- Personal accidental coverage up to Rs. 15 lakh
- Can instantly renew your policy through online
- Policyholder will be offered with No Claim bonus for every claim-free year
Q1. How to check the status of the policy?
Following are the ways to check the status of your claim:
- On their official website, in the claim section by using your username and password on the official website of the company
- Through the company’s toll-free number 1800 3009
- Or SMS claimstatus<space><claim number> at 9266334477 to get the claim status
Q2. What is voluntary deductible?
It is the amount that policyholder agrees to pay out of their pocket. The higher the deductible it is, lesser will be your two-wheeler insurance premium.
Q3. How to check policy status for Reliance General Two Wheeler Insurance?
A. Policyholders can check their policy status through logging in the website with Username and Password on the homepage.
Q4. What are the modes of payment available for premium payment?
A. Customers can go online as well as offline payment of premiums. Through online, customers can opt for Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, ECS and others. On the other hand, offline mode requires cash payment at branch office of Reliance General.
Q5. Can Two Wheeler Insurance be renewed online?
A. Yes, individuals can easily renew their two wheeler insurance online simply by visiting the website and login through username and password.