Rising medical costs can leave you in a distressing situation if you aren’t prepared. This is why a health insurance policy is needed, as it helps pay emergency medical expenses. New India Assurance Health insurance plans offer a wide range of insurance products that cover hospitalisation and other treatment expenses.
Types of New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
New India offers wide range of health insurance plans that cater to the needs of every individual and group. These are:
- Individual Plans
- New India Global Mediclaim Policy
- Senior citizen Mediclaim Policy
- Cancer Mediclaim Expn-Individual
- Family Floater Plans
- Family Floater Mediclaim Policy
- New India Asha Kiran Policy
- New India Jan Arogya Bima Policy
- New India Mediclaim Policy
- Janata Mediclaim Policy
- Group Mediclaim policy
- Universal Health Insurance Scheme
- Standard Group Mediclaim 2007
|Entry Age||Adults: 18 years-80 years|
Children: 3 months-25 months
|Rs. 5,000-Rs. 15 lakh|
|Policy Term||1 year|
Documents Required to Buy New India Health Insurance Plans
Following are the common documents needed to buy any of the New India Assurance health policies:
- Age Proof (Voter ID, PAN card, birth certificate, driving license)
- Address Proof (Ration card, passport, utility bills like electricity bill)
- Photo Identity Proof (Voter ID, Aadhaar, PAN card, passport, driving license)
- Passport size Photograph
- Bank Proof (Cancelled cheque, bank statement)
- Income Proof (Form 16, salary slips, employer’s certificate)
- Medical tests reports
- Proposal form
New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
Here are the details of the health insurance plans offered by New India Assurance.
New India Global Mediclaim Policy
It is a health insurance policy available to any individual with a health insurance plan of sum Insured of Rs. 8 lakh and more. It offers lifetime hospitalisation coverage for hospitalisation outside India. Expenses including neurosurgery, heart surgery, and organ transplant anywhere in the world. This policy is .
|Entry Age||18 years-65 years|
|Sum Insured||Asian countries: USD 1 million; worldwide: USD 2 million|
New India Mediclaim Policy
It is a health insurance policy that covers hospitalization and treatment expenses of an individual. The policyholders can cover their family members under one policy with separate sum insured for each insured person.
|Entry Age||Adults: 18 years-65 years|
Children: 3 months-18 years
|Sum Insured||Rs.1 lakh-Rs.15 lakh|
New India Asha Kiran Policy
It is designed for parents with only one girl child to protect them against unforeseen hospitalisation expenses. This policy also provides coverage against personal accident.
|Entry Age||Adults: 18 years-65 years|
Children: 3 months-25 years
|Sum Insured||Rs. 2 lakh-Rs. 8 lakh|
Cancer Medical Expn-Individual
The policy is offered to members of the Indian Cancer Society who are not cancer patients. To avail the benefit of this insurance, a policy seeker needs to fill membership form of the society and proposal form provided by the insurance company. Along with a form, policy seeker should submit a certificate by a doctor certifying the proposer is not suffering from cancer.
|Entry Age||70 years (maximum)|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 50,000-Rs. 2 lakh|
Jan Arogya Bima Policy
This health insurance policy is exclusively designed for the financially weaker sections of the society.
|Entry Age||Adults: 5 years-70 years|
Children: 3 months – 5 years
|Sum Insured||Rs. 5000|
Senior Citizen Mediclaim
It is designed for senior citizens of India aged between 60 and 80 years. The hospitalisation, medication, diagnosis, and other charges are covered in this policy. If the insured continues the policy without any break, the age limit can be extended up to 90 years.
|Entry Age||60 years-80 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 1 lakh-Rs. 1.5 lakh|
Universal Health Insurance
This group Universal Health Insurance policy is available for the groups consisting of more than 100 families. Under this, each insured is covered under one group policy.
|Entry Age||Adults: 65 years|
Children: 3 months–5 months
Family Floater Mediclaim Policy
Available for a family of maximum 6 persons, Family Floater Mediclaim Policy by New India Assurance provides hospitalization expenses (pre and post hospitalization, both) along with day-care treatment expenses too.
|Entry Age||Adults: 18 years – 65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 2 lakh/ Rs. 3 lakh/ Rs. 5 lakh/ Rs. 8 lakh|
|Premium||Rs. 1,860 – Rs. 38,550|
|Features||Covered: Proposer, spouse, dependent and dependent parents|
ICU, room rent, boarding expenses, nursing expenses, fees of the surgeon, medical practitioner, anaesthetist, consultant, etc. covered
10% of sum insured available to be used as critical care benefit
Janata Mediclaim Policy
This New India Assurance health plan can be bought as an individual policy as well as a family floater one. It is a pocket-friendly health plan with premium starting from as low as Rs.750 and goes to a maximum of Rs.3,450.
|Entry Age||Adult: 18 years – 70 years|
Child: 3 months – 18 years
|Sum Insured||Rs. 50,000/ Rs. 75,000|
|Premium||Rs. 750 – Rs. 3,450|
|Features||Treatment expenses for Ayurvedic, homeopathic and Unani treatment covered up to 25% of sum insured|
Hospitalization expenses in case of organ transplant covered( excluding cost of the organ)
Benefits like loyalty discount, good health discount, etc. offered
New India Assurance Online Health Plans
New India Assurance provides 2 plans online. They are:
- Asha Kiran
- New India Mediclaim Policy
How to Buy New India Assurance Online Plans
- Visit the official website of New India Assurance and select ‘Products’
- Choose the plan from the “Health” drop down menu list
- A new page will open, enter your personal details and click on ‘Get quote’
- Make the payment through online mode
New India Assurance Network Hospitals
There are over 1,200 network hospitals to avail cashless facility in case of an emergency.
Claim Process for New India Health Plans
Health Insurance claims are managed by Third Party Administrator (TPA). The claims can be cashless, where the insurer pays directly to the hospital, or reimbursement, where the insurer reimburses the hospital bills to the insured after the payment. Here is the process for filing the claims.
- In case of hospitalisation in network hospitals, intimate the TPA in the hospital and share details of your policy and treatment undertaken as early as possible
- Submit the requisite documents to the TPA desk in the hospital
- The insurance company will get in touch with the hospital and evaluate your medical records
- Insurance company will verify the claim and pay the admissible amount of the claim
- In case of reimbursement claims, pay the hospital bills yourself and send the supporting documents to the insurance company within 7 days of discharge. On verification, and approval, the company will transfer the claim amount to your account
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Claim form
- Bills, Receipt and Discharge summary from hospital
- Diagnostic reports
- Doctor’s certificate
- FIR (accidents)
- Bank account details
Time Taken to Settle Claims
For reimbursement, send bills and other supporting documents along with a copy of the authorisation letter to the insurance company within 7 days from the date of completion of treatment. On evaluation and approval, the insurance company will settle the claim within 30 days. Cashless claims are settled within 24 hours of sending the documents.
Exclusions Under New India Assurance Health Insurance
New India Assurance is not liable to pay if the claim arises because of the following events:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Expenses for illness or injuries due to war, terrorism, nuclear reaction, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc.
- Cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery
Note: This is not an exhaustible list.
A policyholder can renew the policy by paying the requisite premium prior to the expiry date of the policy or within the grace period. It is important that policyholder pay his premium on time to get all continuity benefits under the policy. Here are the steps for the renewal of the New India Assurance Health Insurance Plan:
- Visit the official website of New India Assurance
- Select “Quick Renewal” under “Quick Help” drop down menu list
- Enter Customer ID and Policy Number, then click “Proceed”
- Make the payment through different modes available and your policy is renewed
Customer Care Details
For any policy related query, get help from the customer care service through the following methods:
Call: 1800-209-1415 (toll-free number)
Q1. Can I increase the sum insured of my policy?
Yes, but it is only possible at the time of renewal. However, if the policyholder is not in good health, aged over 60 then s/he will need medical examination.
Q2. What is third party administrator?
It is a service provider that helps the insured with cashless claim facility on hospitalisation in one of the network hospitals of the insurance company.
Q3. Will the entire amount of the claimed expenses be paid?
The entire claim amount is payable only if it is within the sum insured and related with hospitalisation, subject to terms and conditions.
Q4. What is deductible?
It is the part of the bill borne by the insured. After this deduction, the payable claim amount is determined by the insurance company.
Q5. Do these policies come with any waiting period?
Yes, there is a waiting period of 90 days applicable to most of the treatments. This means, claims can be made for expenses incurred post 90 days of commencement of the policy.
Q6. In Global Mediclaim Policy, do I have to pay for the plane tickets expenses from my pocket?
No. Expenses incurred for plane tickets are covered under the policy.