Max Bupa Company Ltd. is a joint venture of Max India Limited and U.K.-based Bupa. Max India Group has been a pioneer in providing health care services along with coming up with various health insurance products. Whereas, Bupa has been offering health sector services across 190 countries with over 11.3 million customers. They together came up to Max Bupa Health Insurance which now has almost 3500 plus network hospitals which provide cashless hospitalization.
Types of Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
There are three types of Max Bupa Health Insurance namely:
- Hospitalization Plans
- Health Companion
- Max Bupa Health Recharge
- Criticare Plans
- AccidentCare Plans
Max Bupa Go ActiveTM is a comprehensive plan that ensures well being of individuals as well as of family members. Under this plan, coverage is provided for the hospitalization expenses and is also a pocket friendly insurance.
|Entry Age||18 years||65 years|
|Entry Age (Children)||91 days||65 years|
|Sum Insured||4 lacs||25 lacs|
This plan is designed for the individuals as well as nuclear family that comes at an affordable and comprehensive advantage. Some of the key benefits includes- cashless facility, assured plan, lifelong renewability and direct claim settlement.
|Entry Age||18 years||65 years|
|Entry Age (Children)||91 days||65 years|
|Sum Insured (Variant 1)||2 lacs||4 lacs|
|Sum Insured (Variant 2)||5 lacs||12.5 lacs|
|Sum Insured (Variant 3)||15 lacs||100 lacs|
|Sum Insured (Family First)||1 lac||20 lacs|
Max Health Insurance Hospital Cash Allowance
Hospital Cash Allowance can be availed for self, family, with up to two children. However, the limit is set to 48 hours of hospitalization and cash is paid for a maximum of 45 days. ICU cash benefits are double the daily hospital allowance. The term of such policy is up to one year. The minimum age for adults is 18 years, and the maximum is 65 years, the minimum age for children is 2 years, and the maximum is 21 years. The sum assured is 100% for the adults, while it’s 50% for children.
The entry age should be a minimum of 18 years and maximum 65 years.
Family with up to 14 relations are covered under this plan with the base sum assured being divided among individuals and family members. The division is such that every member will get a basic sum and another part is available as a single sum which can be used by any member of the family.
The individual sum assured can be availed between 1 lakh and 5 lakh, while the family sum assured is between the range of 3 lakh and 15 lakh.
Co-payment of between 10% to 20% can be availed by the persons who are above the age of 65 years.
The sum assured can be availed from 5 lakh to 15 lakh for individuals, while a single sum assured for family members can be availed in a range of 3 lakh and 50 lakh.
The individual sum assured can be availed within a range of 5 lakh to 15 lakh, while the single sum assured for family members can be between the range of 15 lakh to 50 lakh.
Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance
- Under this plan, you are eligible for availing comprehensive coverage for yourself and your family up to a maximum of 1 c
- Such a plan can also be applied with to the traditional insurance policies under which up to 14 relations can be covered. It includes an individual sum assured for every individual, apart from a sum assured as a single floater which any member of the family can utilize.
- The entry age starts from the birth, and the maximum age can be up to 65 years, and the term of the policy can be from one to two years.
- It has a grace period of 30 days with the benefit of renewability throughout the lifetime.
- The sum assured varies from a minimum of 2 lakh to a maximum of 2 c
- Free health check-ups are possible if the policy has been renewed for next years. Also, if the policy has been bought for two years, you can avail a discount on the premiums up to 12.5% for the second year which can be calculated by using Max Bupa Premium Calculator. If your age is below 65 years, you have the option to avail discount on premium by choosing between 10% – 20% co-payment scheme.
- You also have the option to increase the sum assured if you feel it is insufficient. It can increase the coverage, and you have to pay only a minimum cost.
- If the plan has been continued for at least the next two years, you are eligible for availing the benefits of maternity, and a new birth of a child limited up to two deliveries.
- There is a reward program regardless if you have made any claims or not which you can choose from – 1) Earn and Redeem and 2) Increase in Sum Assured.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 30 days and post-hospitalization expenses up to 60 days are covered.
- The policy term can be from one to two years, and the sum assured can range from 2 lakh, 3 lakh to 4 l
- Expenses incurred due to treatment at home in case there is a shortage of rooms in the hospital are also covered.
- It also includes global cashless coverage which provides coverage for medical emergencies in foreign countries.
- If the family members are hospitalized, the plan covers all the expenses incurred by the policyholder.
- Reimbursement of the medical charges incurred due to any sickness is also covered provided the treatment period is 30 days’ pre-hospitalization and 60 days of post-hospitalization.
- You can also avail the maternity benefits of up to 2 deliveries. Both spouse and self-care covered for such benefits for two continuous years. Also, the baby is covered under this plan without paying any additional premium till the policy has been renewed for next year.
- If the policy has been continued for two years, you can avail a discount on premium. Additionally, you can avail a cashless approval at a network hospital within four hours.
Max Bupa Heartbeat Family First Plan
The term of policy can be from one to two years, includes hospitalization expenses for 30 days’ pre-hospitalization and 60 days’ post-hospitalization. Home treatment expenses can also be availed.
Maternity expenses and new baby’s expenses are also covered up to 2 births. For two consecutive years, the discount can be availed until the policy has been renewed.
Max Bupa Family Floater
The policy term can be from 1 to 2 years and sum assured can be availed from 2 lakh to up to 3 lakh.
Health Companion Insurance Plan
- The procedure for the settlement of claims is direct without any involvement from any third-party.
- Cashless treatment can be availed at any of the network hospitals with lifetime renewal option.
- The sum assured can be availed up to 1 c
- Medical expenses are covered if the family members have been hospitalized with all expenses covered regarding room admission with no limits. 30 days’ pre and 60 days’ post-hospitalization expenses are also covered.
- If the policy has been taken for two years, you are eligible for 12.5% discount on the premium payment of 2nd You can calculate it by using Max Bupa Premium Calculator.
Family First Plan
- The term of the policy can be from 1 to 2 years with sum assured available from 2 lakh, 3 lakh, and 4 l
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 30 days and post-hospitalization up to 60 days.
- You can avail a renewability benefit which lets you avail 20% additional sum assured if every claim-free year has been renewed. The maximum sum which can be availed is 100% of the base sum assured.
- If you avail the policy for 2 years, the premium for a 2nd year can be paid at a discount of 12.5%.
- Basic coverage up to 5 lakh can be availed by the individuals between 18 years and 65 years.
- Co-payment up to 20% can be availed by the individuals above 65 years.
- All the members can be covered under the single sum of 5 l
- Maximum 2 adults which include self and partner and children up to 4 are covered with their ages being between 18 and 60 years. The dependent children who are covered must be aged between 3 months and 23 years.
- Basic coverage can be availed between 2 lakh and 4 lakh by the individuals of age between 18 and 65 years.
- Co-payment up to 20% is applicable only for the individuals above the age of 65 years.
- Under family floater the sum assured which can be availed is between 2 lakh and 4 l
- Maximum 2 adults who are aged between 18 and 60 years and children whose ages are between 3 months and 23 years are eligible for availing this coverage.
- Pre and post-hospitalization expenses and co-payment up to 20% is applicable for the individuals aged above 65 years.
Q1. Are medical check-ups necessary before purchasing a policy?
It is not necessary for all the age groups. For people who are in the range of 60 years, they are required to appear for a medical check-up at one of the network hospitals of Max Bupa.
Q2. Is cashless facility available at all the hospitals?
Cashless facility is available only at the network hospitals. You have the option to either plan your hospitalization or if there is an emergency hospitalization required. The expenses will be covered in both the cases and all formalities would be done by third-party.
Q3. What is meant by TPA?
TPA is the Third-Party Administrator who has been appointed by the insurance provider and works at all of the network hospitals. They are useful for facilitating all the cashless treatments or reimbursing the expenses incurred towards any medical treatments.
Heartbeat Health Insurance Plan
It’s a comprehensive plan offered by Max Bupa which provides cashless facility, coverage for hospital expenses and others. Moreover, child and maternity benefits are also included under this plan. Individual s are offered with three plan variants i.e. Individual