A lot of planning is done before travelling to a foreign country, be it for a holiday, study or business. However, this planning is usually limited to airfare, accommodation expenses, sight seeing, etc. When travelling abroad, it is important to take a comprehensive travel insurance policy, such as a IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance plan.
What is IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance?
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance offers travel insurance plans for business and leisure/holiday purpose. The plans protect the insured against various risks associated with travel, such as loss of passport and checked-in baggage, missed flight, etc. It also provides coverage for emergency medical expenses. Thus, a travel insurance plan helps manage financial risks related to untoward situations while travelling abroad.
Types of IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Plans
IFFCO Tokio provides single trip insurance for just one holiday and ends when you come home. It also provides multi-trip international insurance for a year. It is suitable for business and backpack travellers who often travel abroad. The 2 types of travel insurance by IFFCO Tokio are:
- Overseas Travel Insurance
- Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Plans
Overseas Travel Insurance: Whether you are travelling alone or in groups/families, for a holiday, business or studies, this comprehensive international travel insurance policy covers possible risks associated with travel. It is offered in 5 different benefit options given below:
- Gold 500 Benefit Option
- Gold 250 Benefit Option
- Gold 100 Benefit Option
- Silver Plan
- Bronze Plan
What All It Covers?
- Medical expenses and repatriation
- Personal Accident and Personal liability coverage
- Loss of checked-in baggage/ passport
- Hospital Daily Allowance
- Financial emergencies
Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna: All Indian citizens travelling overseas for employment are required by the Government of India to get Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna policy. It is a compulsory insurance policy to safeguard the interests of Indian Emigrant Workers falling under the Emergency Check Required (ECR) category. It offers coverage against most of the unforeseen situations in the foreign country.
What All It Covers?
- Personal accident, Permanent disability
- Hospitalisation expenses up to Rs. 1 lakh
- One way economy class airfare in case your employment is terminated
- Maternity expenses up to Rs 35,000-Rs 50,000
How to Apply Online for IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance?
- Visit the official website of IFFCO Tokio and click on travel insurance
- Select the travel insurance plan you want to buy and click on ‘Buy’
- This will take you to the forms page. Enter details like name, passport number, travel dates, country you are travelling to, etc.
- After this, you will be directed to the premium payment page
- If you are satisfied with the premium amount, make the payment with different payment gateway options given on the website and the policy will be issued
Claim Process for IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
Both policies have a different claim process. Here are the steps to follow to submit a cashless claim under International Travel Insurance:
Claim Process for Overseas Travel Insurance
- In case of medical emergencies, such as hospitalisation, insured can avail cashless claim facility. For this, the insured has to inform the insurance company and file a claim
- Once the claim form is submitted and approved by the insurer, all the medical bills will be settled by them.
- One can also ask the Third-Party Assistance for help. They can assist the insured person or policy representative for easy cashless claim process. One can visit the official website of IFFCO Tokio to get details of the Third-Party Partners.
- In case of loss of baggage or passport, the insured needs to communicate total loss of baggage caused by a carrier to the insurance company.
Claim Process for Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna
- The insured person has to submit a written statement along with a duly filled in and signed claim form and necessary documents within 30 days from the date of discharge from the hospital or completion of the particular treatment, whichever is earlier
- All hospitalisation-related claims under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna will only be settled on a reimbursement basis. There is no cashless hospitalisation facility
Documents Required for Claim Process
Following are the documents to be submitted for filing claims:
- Bills, receipts and invoices
- Detailed prescriptions
- Diagnostic and tests reports
- Discharge summary
- Pharmacy bills
Time Taken to Settle Claims
After getting all the required documents regarding the claim, Paramount Health services will examine the facts and upon satisfaction will reimburse the cost. They will make an offer of settlement or convey the rejection of the claim within 30 days. If the policyholder accepts the offer, it will settle the claim within 7 days.
Cases Where You Can’t Make Claims for IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance (Exclusions)
Any claim arising out of any injury or accidents due to below-mentioned circumstances are excluded:
- Pre-existing health issues
- Travelling against the advice of attending physician
- Diagnosed with a terminal medical condition
- Participation in naval, military or air force operations
- Accidents or illness or self-inflicted injury/ harm or crime due to the drug or alcohol abuse
- Mental disorders, venereal diseases, HIV AIDS and related issues
- Accidents or illness due to war and war-like operations, civil war, vandalism, rebellion, etc.
- Claims due to war, riots, strikes or civil unrest in the country of your employment
- Claims made for injuries during the period when the visa or passport was expired
- Participation in hazardous sports or activities
- Consequential losses
- Claim related to accidents before the commencement of the policy or after the expiry of the policy are excluded from the coverage
- In case of mortal remains expenses, claim must be filed within 90 days of the body reaching India
- Hospitalisation expenses will only be reimbursed if the treatment is received as an in-patient and it was a result of an accident or injury or sickness
- All documents including bills, tickets, receipts, medical reports, vouchers etc. must be filed in original with the claim form.
- All claims will be settled in Indian currency only
Advantages of IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna is a unique policy specifically tailored for Indians so that they can be safe abroad
- One can claim the reimbursement of expenses from anywhere, i.e from India or form your country of employment
- In overseas travel insurance, the period of insurance will be automatically extended for the period of 7 days without any extra charge
- Comes with a very low premium
- Can be purchased online
Customer Care Details
In case of any support, call the insurer on 1-800-103-5499 or write them on firstname.lastname@example.org for the details. It offers third party assistance during your overseas travel through its partner Parmount Healthcare Management Pvt Ltd. Other methods of freaching out to them are:
Telephone no: 009122 40004216 / 40004219/ 0091 22 67515551
Toll-Free: 1 866 978 5205 (within the USA)
Fax: 00 91 22 67021259 / 260
|Toll-free numbers in different countries in case you are in any of them|
|Country||Access Code International (+)||UIFN number|
Q1. Which countries fall under ECR category?
One is eligible for coverage under Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna if they are going to work in any of the following countries:
- South Sudan
- Saudi Arabia
Q2. Is dental coverage available with all the plans?
There are 5 different options available and each of them has their own criteria. People who buy plans – Gold 500 Benefit Option, Gold 250 Benefit Option, Gold 100 Benefit Option, Silver Plan and Bronze Plan can get the coverage benefit worth of $250.
Q3. What is the amount paid by the insurance company in case of hijack distress allowance?
In this case, the coverage provided by the insurer is up to $700. However, this benefit is not available for all the policies. This benefit is reserved for those who have opted for the Gold 500 Benefit Plan under International Travel Insurance policy.