IFFCO Tokio General Insurance provides comprehensive coverage plans which are designed to keep you financially secure while meeting the daily challenges of life. These non-life insurance plans offer financial help to manage various risks related to health, home, car, etc.
Types of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance provides insurance for every need. Let us look at the various types.
- Home Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Other Insurance Plans
- Trade Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Micro & Rural Insurance
- Speciality Insurance
- Bank Locker Policy
Documents Required to Buy IFFCO Tokio Insurance Plans
Keep the following documents along with any other documents that the insurance company may ask you for while purchasing plans from IFFCO Tokio General Insurance:
- Application Form
- Photo ID Proof (AADHAAR, PAN Card, etc.)
- Address ID (ADHAAR, Election ID, Driving License, etc.)
- Salary Proof
- Medical Screening Test (for people of specific age; for health plans)
- Passport sized photographs
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Plans
Motor Insurance: Both privately owned and commercial vehicles need a motor insurance to ply on Indian roads. Keeping this in mind, IFFCO Tokio General Insurance offers a range of motor insurance policies for two wheeler, car and commercial vehicles. They provide financial help to mange damage to the insured car and third party. Motor insurance policies are of 2 types:
- Third Party Liability Plans: They cover only third party liability – any bodily injury or damage to another person or vehicle involving the insured vehicle
- Comprehensive or Package Plans: They cover third party liabilities and damage to the insured vehicle
|Names of Plans||Features|
|Car insurance policy|
|Commercial vehicle insurance|
|Two wheeler insurance|
Health Insurance: In case of a medical crisis, the soaring health care expenses can often disrupt the budget. Health insurance plans by IFFCO Tokio General Insurance promise to take care of these high medical costs and provide financial relief to the policyholder. The plans also cover other aspects like pre and post hospitalization expenses, organ donor expenses, ambulance costs, etc.
IFFCO Tokio offers a range of health insurance plans. They are:
|Names of Plans||Sum Insured||Entry Age||Features|
|Family Health Protector Plan||Rs. 1.5 lakh– Rs. 30 lakh||0 years-23 years|
|Individual Health Protector Plan||Rs. 2 lakh- Rs. 5 lakh||No age restrictions|
|Swasthya Kavach Policy||Rs. 2 lakh-Rs. 5 lakh||Children: 91 days|
Adults: 18 years-65 years
|Individual Medishield Policy||Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 5 lakh||91 days-55 years|
|Individual Personal Accident Policy||_||5 years-70 years|
|Critical Illness Policy||Fixed benefit health plan which pays a lump sum on diagnoses of specified critical illnesses||5 years-60 years|
|Health Protector Plus Policy||Rs. 2 lakh-Rs. 25 lakh||18 years-65 years|
Travel Insurance: IFFCO-Tokio travel insurance plans are designed to cover financial losses incurred in a trip due to various reasons like loss of baggage or passport, flight cancellation, etc. The 2 variants available are:
|Names of Plans||Features|
|Travel Insurance Policy|
|Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana|
Home Insurance: Home Insurance by IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance provides financial compensation in the event of a damage to the house or its contents due to specified perils.
IFFCO Tokio offers 2 policies under home insurance plans. These are:
|Names of Plans||Features|
|Home Suvidha Policy|
|Home Family Protector Policy|
Claim Process for IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Plans
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance has two types of claim settlement options viz. cashless mode and reimbursement. Along with it, claims can be serviced through Third-Party Administrator (TPA) or directly through in-house team of IFFCO-Tokio.
- In case of health insurance, you are required to inform the hospital and the insurer in prior about hospitalization whereas, in case of an emergency, inform the insurance company within 24 hours of hospitalization
- Fill and fax the cashless request to the insurance provider and wait for the authorisation
- When the request is accepted, hospital shall send bills and the same shall be paid directly to the hospital by the provider
- In case the request is declined, pay the bills yourself which the insurance company can reimburse afterwards
For motor insurance, inform IFFCO-Tokio about the accident (collision, theft, burglary, break-down, etc.) as soon as possible and take the car/bike to the nearest authorised network garage. Rest of the steps remain the same.
For reimbursements, get your treatment/service done by the hospital/garage (as the case may be). Once done with it, you are required to intimate with the insurance company not later than 7 days.
- Register your claim
- Download the claim form
- Fill and submit the same along with all the necessary documents to the provider
- Once all the documents are received, the company shall take 20 days to verify your claim and release the payment.
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Claim Form (accordingly filled and signed)
- Discharge summary, bills, prescriptions, advance and final receipts, diagnostic Test Reports, X-Ray, Scan and ECG and other films, etc.(for health plans)
- Estimate of repairs (if any)
- Original vehicle registration book, original driving license, copy of the police complaint (FIR) (for motor insurance)
- Photo ID Proof
- Bank account details
Exclusions under IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Plans
Following are the general exclusions under the plans offered by IFFCO-Tokio. These are not fit for claim:
Health Insurance Plans
- Pregnancy and related expenses
- Pre-existing conditions
- Cosmetic surgery
- Dental, hearing and vision related expenses
Motor Insurance Plans
- Drunken driving
- Driving without valid driving license
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Daily wear and tear of the vehicle parts
Travel Insurance Plans
- Events occurred before start of the policy
- Military, Air or Naval related events
- Travel against doctor’s advise
- Travelling for treatment of a terminal disease
- Participation in risk-prone activities/sports or training involving unprofessional trainers
Time Taken to Settle Claims
Within 24 hours of receipt of all documents, cashless authorisation is granted. For reimbursement claims, the turnover time is 20 days, starting from the receipt of the documents.
Motor and health policies by IFFCO Tokio General Insurance can be renewed online.
- Visit the insurance website
- Provide your personal details like name, mobile number, etc. and policy number
- Next, your renewal premium amount shall be generated.
- Once you’re okay with the amount, make the payment via various payment options available and it is done
- Cashless claims are settled only with network centres of IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance
- It is important not to make petty claims that you can incur from your pocket so as to get benefit of no-claim bonus on policies like motor insurance, etc.
- There is a grace period of 30 days offered by IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance during which you can pay the renewal amount so that the policy does not lapse. This period starts from the date of expiry of the policy period
- In health plans, it is important to know that the complete cost of treatment will not be covered by the insurance company. You have to share a part of the claim amount
- Consider the deductible amount that you will have to pay from your pocket in case of health plans
Advantages of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Plans
- Easy online renewal option with up to 70% discount on renewal amount
- High accessibility of services with more than 4300 network garages & 4800+ network hospitals
- 4 government-guided rural insurance schemes to help farmers live a life of dignity and manage financial crisis
- Quick settlement of car insurance claims within 4 hours
- Socially active on almost all the networking sites so that you can ask questions or post complaints from anywhere, within no time
- First of its kind, bank locker policy by IFFCO-Tokio is extended for customers who wish to double protect their jewellery and other valuables kept in a bank locker
Customer Care Details
Address: IFFCO Tower, Plot No. 3, Sector 29,
Gurgaon -122001, Haryana (India)
Q1. How many garages are tied up with IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance?
The company has a tie up with more than 4,300 network garages.
Q2. Is cashless hospitalisation available in health insurance plans?
Yes, IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance has tied up with more than 4,200 network hospitals where cashless hospitalisation is available.
Q3. What is the claim settlement rate of the company?
The claim settlement ratio of the company is 91.94%.
Q4. What are the rural insurance products offered by the company?
The company offers Sankat Haran Bima Yojana, Janata Suraksha Bima Yojana, Jan Sewa Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
Q5. What should I do if I don’t want to renew my policy with IFFCO-Tokio?
In such a situation, you can surrender the policy, i.e. close it as the expiration date comes. You will be paid with a pre-decided surrender value on closing and the policy shall cease to exist.
Q6. What is a deductible?
In case of a need of a claim, it is the amount paid by the policyholder after which the remaining amount is considered by the insurance provider ss the claim.
Q7. Do I need to submit medical test for purchasing a new health insurance policy?
If you are above the age of 45 years, then you need to submit the medical report.
Q8. Are diagnostic tests like X-Ray, CT Scan, MRI, etc. covered in a standard health insurance policy?
As long as the patient is admitted in the hospital for at least one night, all the diagnostic tests are generally covered. Tests prescribed in OPD are usually not covered.