Having an apt insurance policy plays an important role in securing the future of you and your family. ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers a variety of plans under various heads like travel insurance, health insurance, motor insurance and so on.
Types of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Plans
Following are the types of plans offered by ICIC Lombard General Insurance Company:
- Health Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Crop Insurance
Documents Required to Buy ICICI Lombard General Insurance Plans
When going to buy any of the plans available with ICICI Lombard, make sure you have the following list of documents ready with you so as to go through the process of buying easily:
- Proposal Form (duly filled and signed)
- Photo ID Proof (PAN Card, AADHAR Card, etc.)
- Address Proof (Ration Card, AADHAAR Card, Passport, Utility Bills, etc.)
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate, Matriculation Certificate, Voter Card, etc.)
- Salary Proof (Bank Statement, Salary Slip, ITR Details, etc.)
- Registration Certificate (for motor insurance plans)
- Medical Test Report ( for certain health insurance plans)
- Passport-sized Photograph
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Plans
Health Insurance: Associated medical costs are usually quite high in case of any medical emergency. Such costs might not be affordable for everyone. The plan covers these medical costs and gives financial support. It offers 2 basic types of health insurance plans – indemnity and fixed benefit plans.
- Indemnity plans: Medical expenses are paid by the insurance company for injuries and hospitalisation for a minimum of 24 hours
- Fixed Benefit plans: Sum insured is paid to the policyholder as a lump-sum for treatment irrespective of hospitalisation. Critical illness plans, personal accident plans, etc. are some of the examples of fixed benefit health insurance plans.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers 2 health insurance policies.
|Names of Plans||Entry Age||Sum Assured|
|ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Plan||Adults: 18 years|
Children: 3 months (for floater cover)
6 years (for individual cover)
|Rs. 3 lakh-Rs. 50 lakh|
|ICICI Lombard Health Booster Plan||Adults: 18 years|
Children: 3 months (floater cover) or 6 years (individual cover)
Rs. 3 lakh – Rs. 50 lakh
|ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Plan||18 – 80 years|
|Rs. 3 lakh – Rs. 50 lakh|
Know More About What is Health Insurance, Plan & Policies in India
Travel Insurance: Travel insurance policies protect the financial losses which individuals might face while travelling abroad or within country for business, leisure or studies. Travel insurance plans offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance are:
|Names of Plans||Entry Age||Coverage Duration||Features|
|ICICI Lombard Multi Trip Travel Insurance||3 months – 85 years||up to 360 days|
|ICICI Lombard Senior Citizen Plan||71 – 85 years||up to 360 days|
|ICICI Lombard Gold Multi-trip Plan||3 months – 85 years||30/ 45/ 60 days|
|ICICI Lombard Asia Plan||3 months – 85 years||NA|
Motor Insurance: Motor insurance policies are mandatory in India under the rules laid down by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Every car or two-wheeler which runs on Indian roads should have a valid insurance cover. There are two types of motor insurance plans:
- Third party legal liability plans
- Comprehensive package plans
ICICI Lombard offers 2 types of motor insurance policies, details of which are mentioned below:
|Names of Plans||Features|
|ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy|
|ICICI Lombard Two-wheeler Insurance Policy|
Home Insurance: A home insurance policy protects the financial loss suffered in case of damage to an individual’s home or its contents. ICICI Lombard Home Insurance policy provides coverage for the following:
- Structure of home
- Contents in the home
Either of the two option can be taken. If individuals choose both the coverage, the company allows a discount of 25% on the premium.
Coverage under ICICI Lombard Home Insurance Policy
The ICICI Lombard Home Insurance Policy covers your house against:
- Natural calamities like fire, flood, lightning, storm, cyclone, riot, earthquake, hurricane, landslide, etc.
- Man-made events like theft, burglary, etc.
There are loads of add-on covers that can be taken along with the base cover to enhance the coverage.
The base coverage of the plan is allowed in three main heads. Individuals can choose either of these coverage heads or combine them together for a better scope of coverage. The heads are –
- Fire and special perils for both structure and contents
- Burglary for contents of the home
- Terrorism for both structure and contents
Crop Insurance: ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers crop insurance under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Scheme. The policy provides coverage to farmers against the damage to their crops thus, providing them a financial compensation in case of such damage.
Business Insurance: A range of corporate insurance policies are offered by the company for business-related risks. These policies include the following:
- Group health insurance
- Group personal accident insurance policy
- Workmen’s compensation policy
- Marine inland transit insurance policy
- Fire and special perils policy (Material damage)
- Public liability insurance (Industrial Risks) Policy
- Office package insurance
- Electronic equipment insurance
- Shopkeeper insurance
- Event insurance
- Project insurance – Erection All Risk Policy
- Project Insurance – Contractors All Risk Policy
Business organisations can select one or more of the above-mentioned products as per their suitability. ICICI Lombard’s policies would promise to provide inclusive coverage benefits at very competitive premium rates.
Documents Required for Claim Process
Following documents are needed in case of making claims under ICICI Lombard General Insurance plans:
- Duly filled Claim form
- Discharge summary
- Final Hospital Bill along with interim bills
- Payment Receipts
- Doctor’s consultation papers
- Investigation reports
- Pharmacy bills supported by doctor prescriptions
- Implant sticker/invoice, if used
- Medico Legal Certificate/FIR for all accident cases
- Photocopy of Health card
- Any other related documents
Motor insurance claims
- Registration Certificate
- Driving license
- Policy Copy
- Duly completed and signed claim form
- Photocopy of policy
- Copy of FIR
- Final Report from police
- Copy of all invoices, price lists, and repair estimates
Claim Process for ICICI Lombard General Insurance
Follow the below mentioned steps to file claims with ICICI Lombard General Insurance plans:
- Inform the company about the unfortunate event via call (1800 2666) or SMS (“CLAIM” to 575758)
- Call center representative will provide you with a list of documents to be submitted
- Prepare the documents along with the claim form (download from the website or get it from any of the branches of ICICI Lombard)
- Surveyor will come to inspect the spot of accident (in case of motor claims) based on which the claim will be processed
- In case of health insurance plans, cashless claims will be processed at the hospital within an hour or so while reimbursement claims will be processed in 30 days
- Post verification of documents, claim amount will be released in the account of the claimant
Exclusions under ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- Disease occurred within 15 days of the commencement of the policy
- Injury occurred directly/indirectly due to war/riots etc.
- Cosmetic surgery
- Suicidal death claims
- Injury caused due to being under the influence of alcohol
- Destruction of the property on purpose
- Any natural wear and tear of the property
- Loss or damage of the property due to war, etc.
Note: This is a non-exhaustive and can have further additions.
Below mentioned steps can be followed to renew the plans under ICICI Lombard General Insurance:
- Visit the official website of ICICI Lombard General Insurance at https://www.icicilombard.com/
- Click “Renewals” on the top bar
- Choose your plan from the drop-down box
- Enter details asked in the form like policy details, date of birth, etc.
- Click “Submit” or “Proceed”
- Make the payment
Advantages of ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- 3600+ network hospitals providing better accessibility across the country
- 5900+ cashless garages enabling quick claims
- Less paper work thus pacifying the process of application, claims and renewals
- Affordable premium rates making insurance plans affordable to a wider population
Customer Care Details
Address: ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.
401-402, Interface Bldg; No.11,
Link Road, Malad (West),
Mumbai – 400064
Call: 1800 2666 (Toll free No.)
Alternative No. 86 55 222 666 (Chargeable)
For Crop Insurance: 1800 266 9725 (Toll free No.)
Q1. Does the company offer corporate insurance policies?
Yes, the company offers a range of corporate insurance policies to cover different risks faced by businesses and industries.
Q2. Are senior citizens covered by the company’s travel insurance plan?
Yes, the company offers separate senior citizen travel insurance plans for individuals aged 71 to 85 years. Two variants of such plans are offered. The first variant has a sum insured of $ 25, 000 while the second one has a sum insured of $ 50, 000.
Q3. Is there any facility of getting policy related notification on WhatsApp?
Yes. ICICI Lombard does provide this facility. At the time of purchasing the policy, you can opt to get WhatsApp notifications.
Q4. How quickly and successfully are claims settled by ICICI Lombard?
ICICI Lombard has a good reputation especially when it comes to claim settlement. The company has a claim settlement ratio of 99.87% (health) and 93.14% (motor).
Q5. I have a garments shop. Is there any specific insurance plan suitable for me?
Yes. ICICI Lombard has a special plan for shopkeepers which goes by the name of Shopkeeper Insurance or Merchant Cover.
Q6. Does ICICI Lombard have a mobile app?
Yes. The mobile app is called ICICI Lombard App that can be downloaded from Google Play or App Store.