What is Future Generali Travel Insurance?
Future Generali Travel Insurance Plans covers medical and non-medical eventualities that might occur during the trip which insured takes for business, leisure and study purpose. There are certain risks attached to any trip such as flight cancellation, lost baggage, misplaced passport, expenses for medical treatment, emergency medical evacuation, etc. are just a few of the scenarios that might arise while travelling abroad. Travel Plans under Future Generali covers such scenarios and help people deal with contingencies associated with the trip.
|Plan Name||Entry Age|
|Future Easy Travel Worldwide||18-35 Yrs|
|Future Easy Travel Schengen||6 Months-70 Yrs|
Future Generali Travel Insurance Plans
Future Easy Travel Worldwide: It takes care of any contingencies that might arise during your journey like sudden illnesses, misplaced passport, lost luggage etc.
|Medical care||US$ 50,000||US$ 1,00,000||US$ 2,00,000||US$ 3,00,000||US$ 4,00,000||US$ 5,00,000||US$ 75|
|Trip Delay||NA||US$ 10||US$ 20||US$ 20||US$ 20||US$ 25||12 hrs|
|Trip Cancellation||NA||US$ 250||US$ 300||US$ 400||US$ 400||US$ 500||US$ 100|
|Loss of Passport||US $250||US $250||US $250||US $300||US $300||US $300||US $25|
|Delay in checked-in baggage||NA||US$ 50||US$ 75||US$ 100||US$ 100||US$ 250||12 hrs|
|Financial Emergency Assistance||NA||NA||NA||US$ 500||US$ 500||US$ 500||NIL|
|Home Burglary Insurance||NA||NA||Rs.1,00,000||Rs.1,50,000||Rs.2,00,000||Rs.2,00,000||NIL|
Future Easy Travel Schengen: It is for those who are travelling to Europe is designed to take care of the policyholder during various contingencies that may arise during travelling such as sudden illness, lost baggage, misplaced passport, etc.
|Trip Delay||NA||€10||€20||12 hrs|
|Loss of Passport||€250||€250||€300||€25|
|Delay in checked-in baggage||NA||€75||€100||12 hrs|
|Financial Emergency Assistance||NA||NA||€500||NIL|
|Home Burglary Insurance||NA||Rs.1,00,000||Rs.1,50,000||NIL|
Claim Process Of Future Generali Travel Insurance Plans
In case of any claim, following procedure should be followed:
- The insured or someone from his behalf needs to contact the Europ Assistance within 48 hours of the insured event and following details needs to be provided to them:
- Policy number
- Name of the policyholder
- Name and address of Insured in respect of whom the request or claim is being made
- Nature of the claim and the benefit under which the claim is being made
- Name and address of the attending medical practitioner (if applicable)
- Hospital where treatment or surgery is proposed to be taken or being taken (If applicable)
- After getting the above information about the insured, they will assess the eligibility of the claim and issue the authorisation letter
- In case of Hijack benefit claim, police report should be submitted which should contain all the necessary details in respect of Hijack like the period of hijack, insured’s passport number, etc.
- In case of Burglary loss to the Insured’s home, the insured needs to first intimate the service provider and an independent surveyor will be appointed to assess the loss
After assessing the claim, the service provider will guarantee to the hospital authorities the costs of hospitalisation subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. In case, the hospital doesn’t accept the authorisation letter, the cost will be borne by the Insured which can later be reimbursed by the Insurance Company. The payment shall be done in Indian Rupees at the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the insured event within 30 days.
Documents Required For Claim Process
Following are the documents which need to submit to the insurance company for timely reimbursement:
- Original ticket or boarding pass
- A duly filled and signed claim form
- Certificate or policy copy
- Attending doctor’s report
- Original admission and discharge card
- Original bills, receipts and prescriptions
- Original x-ray reports, investigation or pathological reports
- Copy of visa and passport with entry and exit stamp
- Copy of air tickets and boarding pass
- Death certificate, if applicable
Exclusions Under Future Generali Travel Insurance Plans
Below are the general exclusions under this policy and they are as follows:
- Any pre-existing disease
- Any treatment if that is the sole reason or one of the reasons for the travel overseas
- Any treatment which could have been delayed
- Consequential loss
- The insurance company does not provide any benefit if the condition directly or indirectly caused by or associated with the military, air force or naval operations
- Alcoholism, suicide, attempted suicide, depression or similar condition that directly or indirectly cause illness or even death
- HIV, AIDS and all related medical conditions
- Any sort of medical or hospitalisation expenses incurred due to experimental or unproven medical attention or treatment
- Non-allopathic medicine
How To Apply Online For Future Generali Travel Insurance Plans?
One can buy travel insurance plans through the following steps:
- Open the official website of the Future Generali and click on ‘Travel Insurance’
- Get an online quote by selecting your visa type, choosing your coverage and entering your travel dates (Date of departure and date of return)
- Afterwards, fill the proposal form and review it once before clicking on ‘Get quote’
- Review your quote and once you are verified about the information you have entered in the form, pay the required premium through Credit /Debit and net banking and policy will be issued
Advantages Of Future Generali Travel Insurance Plans
- Cashless Claims settlement
- Claims turnaround time of less than 14 working days in case of student Travel plan and within 30 days for other plans
- Worldwide service provider, hospital network and 24*7 toll-free assistance when abroad
- Flexibility of choosing a travel Insurance plan as per your need
- Offers you floater benefits which means you and your family can also be covered with a single sum insured provided the insured have taken Asia and Schengen plan
- Offers comprehensive coverage to the insured
- Have specifically designed plan for senior citizens
Future Generali Travel Insurance Customer Support
In case of claim or any assistance regarding the policy, connect with Future Generali through the following toll-free numbers:
Landline number: +91 22 67347841 (This number is chargeable and accessible 24 X 7 X 365). You may also ask for a call back on this number.
Alternatively, you may also write at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Q1. Can I extend the period of insurance?
It can be done so if requested by the insured provided the policyholder is in good health and no claim have been in made. Although the insured needs to make sure S/he send the request mail up to 7 days prior to expiry of the earlier policy period.
Q2. Can I cancel my policy?
The insured can cancel his or her policy either before the commencement of the proposed trip or within 7 days of the commencement of proposed date. In former case, entire 100% of premium will be refunded and in later certain percentage of premium will be refunded provided the insured haven’t taken any trip.
Q3. What services are included in the worldwide emergency assistance?
Following are some of the services provided to the insured in case of emergency when travelling abroad:
- Transfer to the nearest location where the treatment is available
- Transfer of mortal remains to your country in case of death
- Organise hospital admission
- Dispatch of essential medicine that is not available
- Return arrangements for a minor
- Medical advice over telephone