A car insurance policy provides coverage for any loss or damage to the car that has the potential to create a financial burden on an individual. Future Generali car insurance policy is one such car insurance that also protects an individual’s health while taking care of the vehicle.
What is Future Generali Car Insurance Policy?
Future Generali car insurance policy is a type of car insurance that ensures the safety of the car as well as the respective owner. It covers the financial losses incurred due to car theft or its repair after a damage. This car insurance provides additional perks in the form of add-on covers and benefits related to contingencies which make it a must-have insurance policy for a safe and secure driving experience.
What Future Generali Car Insurance Policy Covers?
In case of a car theft or damage, Future Generali car insurance provides protection and coverage for all the incurred financial losses. Let us look at various types of coverage provided by the insurance policy:
- Car damage which are subject to ordinary losses/damage along with broken windows. Theft or other such related issues are also covered under this policy
- Personal Accident Cover is provided under this policy for Rs 1 lakh for all car owners. There is also a provision to opt for Personal Accident Cover of Rs 2 lakh per person
- All third party liabilities are covered under this policy which may be related to death/bodily injuries or property damage of third parties. The policy also includes all legal expenses which may arise during the claim procedures
- This policy even provides for Additional legal Liabilities such as:
- Non-fare paying passengers
- All employees who are travelling in the car other than the paid driver
- Paid driver/conductor/cleaner associated with the car
Let us understand the conditions under which you are eligible to purchase a Future Generali car insurance policy:
- This insurance policy is suitable for individuals who own a car
- The potential insured should be a citizen of India
- The individual should possess a valid driving license
- The individual must be above 18 years of age
- This policy does not cater to any minors under the law
Future Generali Car Insurance Claim Process
In case of any untoward incident, you need to make a claim. You should be aware of the process in order to get it done as soon as possible:
- Cashless Claim
- The first step involved in the claim intimation process under Future Generali is to call the insurance company on 1800 220 233 or SMS MOTORCLAIM to 9222211100. The policyholder can also initiate the claim intimation process online through the official.
- Next, a spot survey will be conducted which will be done by the surveyor provided by the respective insurance company.
- Relevant documents mentioned in the policy need to be submitted to the surveyor.
- After the spot survey is done, the insured has the full authority to tow or take the car to a workshop. The policyholder can go to any of the garages/workshops covered under this policy and get the claim amount approved.
- The respective payment will be made directly to the network workshop by the insurance company after the formalities have been completed as per the terms and conditions.
- Reimbursement Claim
- The first step for making claims under reimbursement claims is to contact the insurance company by calling them on 1800 220 233 or SMS MOTORCLAIM to 9222211100. The policyholder can even intimate the claim process online through Future Generali official website.
- Once the primary contact has been made, the insured needs to wait for a spot survey process. The spot survey process is conducted by the respective surveyor provided by the insurance company.
- Documents mentioned in the policy clause need to be submitted during the spot survey process. After this, the insured is eligible to either tow or drive the car to a workshop of his/her choice.
- The insured under reimbursement claim is required to make payment directly to the workshop and submit all the bills accordingly. They also need to provide the respective receipts to the surveyor or Future Generali Insurance branch.
- Future Generali will make the respective payment in seven working days (applicable from the date of submission till all the final documents have been received) as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy.
Documents Required for Claim Process
Some of the crucial documents to be provided for a claim process should be kept in mind to avoid the claim being rejected:
- Copy of a valid driving license
- Copy of the RC Book
- Duly filled in and signed claim form
- Certificate of insurance-cum policy schedule (copy)
- FIR/police panchnama(in case of third party claims)
- Court notice or summons ( in case of third party claims)
- Original set of keys ( in case of theft claims)
- Intimation to RTO ( when the respective car gets stolen )
How Long Does it Take to Pay Out the Claim?
Under this type of policy, the claim finalisation takes seven working days. But for this to happen, all the required documents should be submitted on time and should be approved by the insurance company.
Apart from all the benefits provided under the car insurance policy, you can opt for additional advantages by taking add-on covers for which you have to pay an extra amount. Let us look at some of them:
- Roadside assistance: In case you get stranded on the road due to an accident or some car breakdown, this option will help get on-the-spot assistance for arranging things like fuel, mechanic, etc.
- Theft or loss of keys: If your car keys are lost or stolen, the company will reimburse the amount spent on getting a new set of keys
- Engine protector: The usual insurance package does not offer any protection to engine. However, this add-on cover offers compensation for the loss or damage to important internal parts like engine or gear box
- Zero Depreciation Cover: As your car ages, the value of its parts, depreciates with time. While making a claim, a part of the ‘sum insured’ is deducted under depreciation. However, this add-on cover provides claim without taking the depreciation value into account
Cases Where you Can’t Claim Future Generali Car Insurance Policy (Exclusions)
Future Generali car insurance provides coverage for various requirements; however, not all cases are covered. There are some situations not included in the insurance, also called exclusions. Let us look at some of them:
- Accidents which occur outside the geographical areas
- Losses or damage due to mutiny or nuclear risks
- War-related damage and losses
- Damage caused by a person without a valid driving license
- Normal wear and tear along with general ageing
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Any damage or loss which can be traced back to driving under the influence of intoxicating drugs or alcohol
One should be very careful about the date when the policy is about to get over because it is risky to use a car without an insurance. The renewal of a policy is a simple task. The steps to renew this policy are:
- Visit the official website of Future Generali, considering the renewal date. The insurance provider will also send a reminder via SMS or e-mail to the individual
- The next step is to click on policy renewal at the official website
- After clicking on the button, the insured will be presented with two fields, i.e., New or Existing Customer. The insured should select the field that applies to them
- Fill in the policy details as required and proceed to make the respective form of payment
- After the successful payment, verify all the details mentioned for the renewal process. Also, the insurer will send an acknowledgement in the form of a soft copy or hard copy to the insured stating the renewal
It makes sense to understand all the points related to Future Generali car insurance policy before purchasing one in order to enjoy all the benefits. Some of the important aspects to be considered with respect to this car insurance policy are:
- The insured should consider policies which provide coverage as per the need and requirements – whether the policy is required for theft and fire or for other collision or accidents.
- The payment terms related to the car insurance policy need to be considered. The payment schemes which are easy and feasible should get high priority.
- Add-on covers should be carefully analysed as they provide additional benefits and help save a lot of money.
- All the discounts offered under the policy should be considered. The policyholder is requested to read all the policy wordings, clauses and terms and conditions to increase their awareness regarding various discounts offered under the policy.
Advantages of Buying Future Generali Car Insurance
After purchasing a car, you should never ignore getting a car insurance because of its utility and importance. Let us look at the advantages associated with Future Generali car insurance:
- It provides various workshops to policyholders for raising their awareness about cashless/direct settlements
- It provides an automated renewal reminder service to its customers
- Towing assistance is provided under this policy. This feature is only available within city limits
- There is a discount available on installation of anti-theft devices
- All members of the Automobile Association can avail an additional discount under this policy
- This policy even provides benefits in the form of covers such as zero depreciation, no claim bonus protection, tyre damage warranties and basic roadside assistance, to name a few
Q1. Are workshops for claim settlement provided under this policy?
More than 2,500 workshops are provided under this policy for cashless/reimbursement claims.
Q2. Does this policy provide Voluntary Excess Discount to its policyholders?
Yes, the respective policy provides Voluntary Excess over and above the compulsory excess to its account holders.
Q3. Does this policy provide worldwide coverage under its clause?
No, this policy is not applicable outside the geographical areas mentioned in the clause. Thus, the policy does not support worldwide coverage.