Cigna TTK Health Insurance, a joint venture between Indian company TTK and U.S.based health company Cigna, provides various categories of health coverage to people in need. These plans help manage the medical costs in times of emergencies. Cigna TTK health insurance plans provide a variety of sum assured, ranging from Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 3 crore, to suit everyone’s budget.
Types of Cigna TTK Health Insurance
Being one of the fore-runners of the insurance sector, Cigna TTK Health Insurance has many plans which if need categorisation, shall be encompassed in following four types:
- Individual Plans
- Family Plans
- Critical Care
- Group Plans (for business enterprises)
Documents Required to Purchase Cigna TTK Health Insurance
To take up any of the many health policies offered by Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company, it is mandatory to keep some documents ready. This would ensure a speedy and smooth processing of your application which otherwise may face hurdles and take time to complete the loop.
These documents are:
- Photo ID proof of the applicant and the nominee, if any
- Address proof
- Application form (duly filled and signed)
- Salary slip or any other document which may be produced as the salary proof
- Medical test reports (for particular plans)
- Passport size photographs of the applicant and the nominee, if any
Cigna TTK Health Insurance Plans
|Plan Names||Entry Age||Renewal|
|Cigna TTK ProHealth Insurance
Cigna TTK ProHealth Select
Cigna TTK ProHealth Cash
|Adults: 18 years; Children: 91 days
Adults: 18 years; Children: 91 days
91 days-65 years
|Lifestyle Protection – Critical Care Plan||
18 – 65 years
|Lifestyle Protection – Accident Care Plan||18 – 80 years (Adults)
5-25 years (Children)
|CignaTTK Global Health Group Policy
(Ruby & Diamond)
|Lifestyle Protection Group Policy||18-75 years||Lifelong|
|ProHealth Group Insurance Policy||No restriction||Lifelong|
Different Modes of Buying Cigna TTK Health Insurance
In this tech savvy world, it would be weird and in fact, unwise if the online purchasing option is not available. That is why all the health plans at Cigna TTK Health Insurance are just a few clicks away:
- Visit the official website
- Browse through the list of plans available there
- Choose one which suits your needs
- At the main page of the plan chosen, you will see ‘Buy Now’ tab
- Click on it and fill all the details
- Make the payment and you are enrolled
Cigna TTK Health Insurance Claim Process
There are two types of claims, cashless and reimbursement. You don’t have to pay in cash of cashless, wherein, the insurance provider will pay directly on your behalf to the network hospital, though the deductibles are to be paid by you. In case of reimbursement, you have to pay the hospital bills and on furnishing them to the provider, the amount will be reimbursed.
- After getting diagnosed with an ailment that requires hospitalisation, inform Cigna TTK 3 days in advance.
- Visit the hospital and show your Cigna TTK health card
- Hospital shall contact the insurance company for authorisation which may take up to 90 minutes
- After receiving the authorisation, you will be admitted to the hospital and treatment shall began
- After the treatment, you will be asked to sign the required documents and you are done
- Hospital shall send the bills directly to Cigna TTK and the amount will be reimbursed
- Make sure to inform the insurer (Cigna TTK Health Insurance) about the diagnosis 3 days in advance
- Get admitted to the hospital and undergo the prescribed treatment
- After recovery, pay the entire amount from your pocket
- Now download the claim form directly from the official website of Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- Fill in the details and submit the same to one of the assigned officials of Cigna TTK along with all the necessary documents
- The insurer will verify the submission and within a span of 5 days, the claim amount shall be paid
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Claim Form (filled and signed)
- Copy of photo ID of patient
- Hospital Discharge summary Operation Theatre notes
- Hospital Main Bill
- Hospital Break up bill
- Investigation reports
- Doctors reference slip for investigation
- Pharmacy Bills
Cases Where you Can’t Claim Cigna TTK Health Insurance (Exclusions)
The plans offered under Cigna TTK health insurance give a brilliant coverage, wherein, almost all the expenses that you have to bear in times of health emergencies repaid by them. However, there are certain situations and conditions that can’t be included in the periphery of coverage, also called exclusions. These are:
- Claims for suicidal treatments
- Psychiatric treatments
- HIV/AIDS and related treatments
- Cosmetic treatments
- Dental treatments
- Treatment for self-inflicted injury
- Involvement in riots, terrorist activities, etc.
How Long Does it Take to Pay Out the Claim?
For cashless claims, all you have to wait is only for 90 minutes before the treatments starts. This time is taken to grant authorisation to the hospital by Cigna TTK.
For reimbursements, claims are settled within a span of 5 days, but it never takes more than 30 days.
All the plans laid down by Cigna TTK Health Insurance come with lifelong renewal option. This directly means that if you wish to reap the benefits of your health plan for as long as you survive, all you need to do is just keep renewing your plan in time. Single premium policies have a grace period of 30 days within which you have the option of getting your policy renewed in case you forgot to do the same before the expiry of the same.
Advantages of Buying Cigna TTK Health Insurance
It makes sense to buy Cigna TTK health insurance to cover the medical costs in times of any emergency hospitalisation. Let us look at the advantages of this plan.
- The sum insured can be reinstated if the claim amount exceeds the sum assured; it will be provided with a top-up amount
- Consultation regarding critical illness is provided
- Maintenance of health of the insured through diagnosis, consultation and drugs are also covered. Reimbursement of up to Rs. 500 can be availed
- No-Claim Bonus can be availed which can be availed as the increased sum – from 5% to 50% which is decided on the basis of the number of claim-free years
- Full health check-ups can be availed every three years for persons aged above 18 years
- You can choose between Voluntary Deductible and Voluntary Co-Payment. For co-payment, the insurer will pay up to 10% – 20%
- Discount on family premium if there are more than two members which can be calculated by using Cigna TTK premium calculator on their website
- Policy can be cancelled within 15 days of receiving the policy with a refund of premiums
Customer Care Details
Toll Free Helpline 1-800-10-24462 (Services)
Toll Free Helpline 1-800-41-91159 (Claims)
Q1. Can I make more than one claim in a year?
Yes, you can. The capping is on sum insured, not on number of claims. If your sum insured allows, you may take more than one claim.
Q2. I am 75 years old and recently got routine medical check-up done. Do I have to undergo medical screening again or this report would suffice?
Yes you have to undergo the medical screening freshly for the application process of Cigna TTK Health Insurance.
Q3. If I have to undergo treatment abroad under emergency situation, will I be covered under Cigna TTK Health Insurance?
Yes, for emergency situations, you shall be covered. Reimbursement amount will be paid in INR and up to the sum assured.
Q4. Is it compulsory to tell about my hospitalisation while making a claim?
In case of an emergency, the insurer must be informed as soon as possible or inform them in advance about any future hospitalisation planned due to a prolonged sickness or check-up.