Manipal Cigna Health Insurance (formerly CignaTTK) provides various categories of health coverage. These plans provide financial support to manage the medical costs in times of emergencies. Manipal Cigna health insurance plans provide coverage ranging from Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 3 crore to suit everyone’s budget.
Types of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance
Mentioned below are the different types of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance:
- Manipal Cigna ProHealth Insurance
- Manipal Cigna ProHealth Select
- Manipal Cigna ProHealth Cash
- Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection – Critical Care Plan
- Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection – Accident Care Plan
- Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy
(Ruby & Diamond)
- Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
- Manipal Cigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
Below mentioned table is the eligibility criteria to avail Manipal Cigna Health Insurance:
|Entry Age||91 days-75 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs.1 lakh-Rs.3 crore|
|Policy Term||1-3 years|
Documents Required to Purchase Plans
To take up any of the many health policies offered by Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Company, it is mandatory to keep some documents ready. This would ensure a speedy and smooth processing of your application. These documents are:
- Photo ID proof of the applicant and the nominee, if any
- Address proof
- Application form (duly filled and signed)
- Salary slip or any other document which may be produced as the salary proof
- Medical test reports (for particular plans)
- Passport size photographs of the applicant and the nominee, if any
How to Buy Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Plans
In this tech savvy world, it would be weird and in fact, unwise if the online purchasing option is not available. That is why all the health plans at Manipal Cigna Health Insurance are just a few clicks away:
- Visit the official website
- Browse through the list of plans available there
- Choose one which suits your needs
- At the main page of the plan chosen, you will see ‘Buy Now’ tab
- Click on it and fill all the details
- Make the payment and you are enrolled
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Plans
Manipal Cigna ProHealth Insurance
This plan is highly designed for individuals as well as family members that offers health covers at an affordable premium costs. This plan comes under five different variants namely- ProHealth Plus, ProHealth Preferred, ProHealth Premier, ProHealt Accumulate.
|Entry Age||Adults: 18 years; Children: 91 days|
|Sum Insured||Rs.2.5 lakh- Rs.1 crore|
Manipal Cigna ProHealth Select
This comprehensive health insurance plan comes with wide range of sum insured options. Under this plan, customers are provided choice of re-assurance benefit, bonus booster options and others.
|Entry Age||Adults: 18 years; Children: 91 days|
|Sum Insured||Rs.2.5 lakh- Rs.4.5 lakh|
Manipal Cigna ProHealth Cash
Under this plan, lump sum payout is offered by the insurer to compensate the expenses which are not covered under health insurance.
|Entry Age||91 days-65 years|
|Sum Insured||Daily Cash Benefit- Rs.500 to Rs.5000|
Personal Accident & Permanent Total Disability- Rs.50,000 to Rs.25 lakh
Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection – Critical Care Plan
This plan provides cover for 30 critical illness diseases through worldwide coverage. This plan provides benefits in terms of Medical Second Opinion, Access to Online Wellness Program and Discount on Policy.
|Entry Age||18 – 65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs.1 lakh- Rs.3 crore|
Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection – Accident Care Plan
This plan includes features such as coverage for accidental death, disability cover, comprehensive coverage, orphan benefits and others.
|Entry Age||18 – 80 years (Adults)|
5-25 years (Children)
|Sum Insured||15 times of annual income of proposer|
Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy (Ruby & Diamond)
This group health insurance plan is designed for the health needs of the family/group/corporates working in India or abroad. Under this plan, comprehensive cover is provided Employer-Employee and Non-Employer-Employee segments.
|Entry Age||18-95 years|
|Sum Insured||Starting from $5,000|
Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
This policy offers choice of protection against unforeseen accidents and risks of critical illness under one cover. Minimum number of members required to issue the group policy is 7.
|Entry Age||18-75 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs.10,000- Rs.25 crore|
Manipal Cigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
This plan offers benefits to all groups under a single umbrella policy. Under this policy, base cover plan, enhanced cover plan and optional cover plan are offered to the policyholders.
|Entry Age||No restriction to the entry age|
|Sum Insured||Rs.5,000- Rs.1 crore|
There are two types of claims, cashless and reimbursement. You don’t have to pay in cash of cashless, wherein, the insurance provider will pay directly on your behalf to the network hospital, though the deductibles are to be paid by you. In case of reimbursement, you have to pay the hospital bills and on furnishing them to the provider, the amount will be reimbursed.
- After getting diagnosed with an ailment that requires hospitalisation, inform Manipal Cigna 3 days in advance.
- Visit the hospital and show your Manipal Cigna health card
- Hospital shall contact the insurance company for authorisation which may take up to 90 minutes
- After receiving the authorisation, you will be admitted to the hospital and treatment shall began
- After the treatment, you will be asked to sign the required documents and you are done
- Hospital shall send the bills directly to Manipal Cigna and the amount will be reimbursed
- Make sure to inform the insurer (Manipal Cigna Health Insurance) about the diagnosis 3 days in advance
- Get admitted to the hospital and undergo the prescribed treatment
- After recovery, pay the entire amount from your pocket
- Now download the claim form directly from the official website of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance
- Fill in the details and submit the same to one of the assigned officials of Manipal Cigna along with all the necessary documents
- The insurer will verify the submission and within a span of 5 days, the claim amount shall be paid
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Claim Form (filled and signed)
- Copy of photo ID of patient
- Hospital Discharge summary Operation Theatre notes
- Hospital Main Bill
- Hospital Break up bill
- Investigation reports
- Doctors reference slip for investigation
- Pharmacy Bills
The plans offered under Manipal Cigna health insurance give a brilliant coverage, wherein, almost all the expenses that you have to bear in times of health emergencies repaid by them. However, there are certain situations and conditions that can’t be included in the periphery of coverage, also called exclusions. These are:
- Claims for suicidal treatments
- Psychiatric treatments
- HIV/AIDS and related treatments
- Cosmetic treatments
- Dental treatments
- Treatment for self-inflicted injury
- Involvement in riots, terrorist activities, etc.
Time Taken to Settle Claims
For cashless claims, all you have to wait is only for 90 minutes before the treatments starts. This time is taken to grant authorisation to the hospital by Manipal Cigna.
For reimbursements, claims are settled within a span of 5 days, but it never takes more than 30 days.
Mentioned below are the steps for Manipal Cigna Health Insurance renewal:
- Visit the official website of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance at http://www.manipalcigna.com/
- Click “Renew Policy”
- Now you will be redirected to a new page
- Enter your policy number
- Make your payment through different online modes
Advantages of Buying Manipal Cigna Health Insurance
It makes sense to buy Manipal Cigna health insurance to cover the medical costs in times of any emergency hospitalisation. Let us look at the advantages of this plan.
- The sum insured can be reinstated if the claim amount exceeds the sum assured; it will be provided with a top-up amount
- Consultation regarding critical illness is provided
- Maintenance of health of the insured through diagnosis, consultation and drugs are also covered. Reimbursement of up to Rs. 500 can be availed
- No-Claim Bonus can be availed which can be availed as the increased sum – from 5% to 50% which is decided on the basis of the number of claim-free years
- Full health check-ups can be availed every three years for persons aged above 18 years
- You can choose between Voluntary Deductible and Voluntary Co-Payment. For co-payment, the insurer will pay up to 10% – 20%
- Discount on family premium if there are more than two members which can be calculated by using Manipal Cigna premium calculator on their website
- Policy can be cancelled within 15 days of receiving the policy with a refund of premiums
Customer Care Details
Call: 1-800-10-24462 (Services) & 1-800-41-91159 (Claims)
401/402, 4th Floor, Raheja Titanium,
Western Express Highway,
Goregaon (East), Mumbai- 400 063
Q1. Can I make more than one claim in a year?
Yes, you can. The capping is on sum insured, not on number of claims. If your sum insured allows, you may take more than one claim.
Q2. I am 75 years old and recently got routine medical check-up done. Do I have to undergo medical screening again or this report would suffice?
Yes you have to undergo the medical screening freshly for the application process of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance.
Q3. If I have to undergo treatment abroad under emergency situation, will I be covered under Manipal Cigna Health Insurance?
Yes, for emergency situations, you shall be covered. Reimbursement amount will be paid in INR and up to the sum assured.
Q4. Is it compulsory to tell about my hospitalisation while making a claim?
In case of an emergency, the insurer must be informed as soon as possible or inform them in advance about any future hospitalisation planned due to a prolonged sickness or check-up.
Q5. What are the modes of premium payment?
Customers can opt for two modes namely- Online & Offline. Through online mode, customers can pay the premium amount through debit card, credit card, net banking, ECS and others. On the other hand, customers are required to visit the nearest branch office and the pay the premium amount through cash in offline mode.
Q6. Can Manipal Cigna health insurance get renewed online?
Yes. Customers can visit the official website of the insurance company and get their policy renewed online.