What is Chola MS Travel Insurance Plans?
It is a travel insurance policy which provides coverage against various unexpected events during a trip to the insured like health conditions, loss of passport/ baggage/ important documents, flight cancellation, etc.
Types Of Chola MS Travel Insurance Plans
This insurance company offers specifically designed and customised travel insurance plans in India to cater to the various needs of its customers and make their travel relaxed and free from hassles. Cholamandalam offers plans in the following categories:
Domestic Travel Insurance Policy: It provides coverage for medical emergencies, flight delay, checked-in lost/stolen baggage, permanent disability and death and personal liability.
Chola Overseas Travel Protection Policy: It provides comprehensive coverage to the insured from unforeseen circumstances such as medical emergency, baggage loss, flight delay. It covers repatriations/evacuation to India, hijack and loss of important travel documents such as passport. Senior citizens within the age group of 61-70 can also be under this plan.
Chola Student Travel Protection Plan: This plan is specifically designed for students studying oversee and expenses incurred for the medical treatment, study interruptions, and loss of passport.
|Name of Plans||Entry Age||Maximum Travel days To Be Insured|
|Chola Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy||91 days-85 days|
|Chola Overseas Travel Protection Policy||6 Months-70 yrs||180 days|
|Chola Student Travel Protection Plan||16 Yrs-35 Yrs||365 days|
|Chola Corporate Travel Insurance||3 Months-70 years||365|
Chola MS Travel Insurance Plans
Chola Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy: It is an overseas travel plan meant to provide coverage for different perils that an insured traveller is exposed to while travelling aboard. The policyholder gets the option to customise their coverage with additional covers and geographical scope.
|Coverage/ Benefits||Travel Plus||Travel Pleasure||Travel Delight||Deductibles|
|Medical Expenses||$ 50,000-|
|$ 50,000- $ 5,00,000||$ 50,000-$ 5,00,000||$ 100|
|Total Loss of|
Checked-In and Hand Baggage
|$ 250 and $ 50||$ 500 and $ 50||$ 1,500 and $ 50||Nil|
|$ 150||$ 200||$ 300||12 hours|
|Loss of Passport||$ 150||$ 250||$ 300||$ 30|
|Personal Accident – Overseas||$ 15,000||$ 23,000||$ 38,000||Nil|
|Financial Emergency||$ 200||$ 250||$ 500||Nil|
Apart from the above coverage, the insured can increase the protection on their travel insurance policy by opting from any of the following add-on covers
- Hospital daily cash: If the insured person is hospitalised in the foreign land, the insurance company will pay the sum Insured stated in the policy for each completed day in the hospital that will start after first 24 hours of hospitalisation.
- Hijack Relief: If the insured person is the victim of Hijack, the insurance company will pay the sum Insured stated in the policy for each completed day
- Pre-existing illness Extensions: In case the insured suffers from life threatening medical condition while overseas due to pre-existing disease, the insurance company will pay for the emergency treatment till the time Insured becomes medically Stable and is relieved from acute pain
- Ambulatory Care Services: If the insured is first diagnosed with an illness or suffers accidental bodily injury and requires immediate medical attention, this cover will cover the ambulatory Care expenses
- Bounced Booking of Hotel: In the event of the bouncing of the confirmed accommodation, the insurance company will reimburse the actual additional expenses incurred for alternation accommodation.
- Domestic Travel: This cover will start from the time the insured leaves his or her residence for overseas journey and terminates on boarding the International common Carrier. It will restart again when the Insured alight from the International common Carrier in India and terminates on insured reaching his residence. Following covers provided under Domestic Travel are as follows:
- Personal accident-Domestic
- Accidental Medical expenses
- Repatriation of Mortal remains
Chola Overseas Travel Protection Policy: To make vacation or trip hassle-free, Chola MS has come up with this travel insurance policy. Be it a business trip or family vacation, the travel policy protects the insured and their loved ones against various financial contingencies. The policy offers 4 different plan options to choose from. The plans and coverage details have been listed here:
|Coverage/ Benefits||Silver||Gold||Annual Multi-Trip||Senior Citizens (71-80 Yrs)||Deductibles|
|Medical Treatment||$ 50,000 and|
|$ 100,000 and|
|$ 100,000 and|
|$ 50,000||$ 100|
|$ 250||$ 1000*|
|Loss of Passport||$ 150||$ 250||$ 250||$ 150||$ 30|
|Rs. 1 lakh||Rs. 2.50 lakh||Nil||Rs. 1 lakh||Nil|
Chola Student Travel Protection Plan: This travel policy is specifically designed for students travelling abroad on Student visa. It protects them during various financial emergencies, certain certainties that make their travel worry and risk-free. The coverage details of those options have been given here:
|Medical Cover||$ 50,000 and $ 100,000||$ 250,000 and|
|$ 250,000 and $ 100,000||$ 100|
|Passport Loss||Nil||$ 150||$ 150||$ 30|
|Nil||$ 100,000||$ 100,000||Nil|
|Nil||$ 25,000||$ 25,000||Nil|
|Nil||Rs. 2 lakh||Rs. 2 lakh||Nil|
|Nil||$ 7,500||$ 7,500||Nil|
|Nil||$ 1,000||$ 1,000||Nil|
Chola MS Corporate Travel Insurance: This travel insurance plan is designed for businesses of all types and sizes. The insurance company offers customisable travel solution in the form of Chola MS Corporate Travel Insurance. The policy can be purchased and utilised in the name of the corporate body. On the basis of this policy, the corporate entities can issue individual trip certificate to those who frequently travel on behalf of their company. This customisable travel plan offers the policy owners absolute flexibility at amazing costs. More details of this plan include:
|Coverage/ Benefits||Sum Insured Options||Deductibles|
|Medical Cover (Including Medical Evacuation)||$ 50,000/ $ 100,000/ $|
200,000/ $ 250,000
|Repatriation of Remains|
(within the overall
pre-defined medical limit)
|Passport Loss||$ 150 and $ 250||$ 30|
|Checked Baggage Loss||$ 500, $ 1,000 and $ 1,500||Nil|
|Checked Baggage Delay||$ 100 and $ 150||12 hours|
|Personal Liability||$ 100,000 and $ 200,000||Nil|
|Personal Accident – Overseas||$ 10,000, $ 15,000 and $ 25,000||Nil|
|Personal Accident – Domestic||Rs. 2.50 lakh, Rs. 5 lakh and Rs.|
|Financial Emergency||$ 250||Nil|
|Trip Cancellation||$ 250 and $ 500||$ 50|
|Hijack Relief Benefit|
($ 100 per day)
|$ 400 and $ 700||12 hours|
|Emergency Medical Expenses|
(within India from residence to
airport or vice versa)
|Rs. 1 lakh||Rs. 2,500|
If the insured person suffers accidental bodily injury/ diagnosed with an illness/ sustains injury to sound natural teeth, following is the claim process which the insured needs to follow:
- Either Insured or someone from his behalf should notify the Overseas Administrator and provide them with all the required information requested by them for pre-authorization for any medical treatment.
- In case the insured requires immediate hospitalisation and due to this S/he couldn’t obtain pre-authorization then it is suggested to inform the overseas administrator as soon as possible.
- The oversees administrator will settle the amount payable directly with the service provider. In case of outpatient medical expenses, if the amount payable is more than US $ 400 then the Overseas Administrator shall settle it. However, if it is less than US $ 400 or the insured haven’t obtain the pre-authorisation form then a claim shall be made to the Indian Administrator and following documents should be submitted within 30 days of the insured event
- Original bills bearing the name of the Insured Person, the condition treated, the individual items of medical treatment or services provided and the dates of treatment
- Prescriptions clearly showing the price and the receipt stamp of the pharmacy
- In case of Medical Evacuation, Doctor’s certificate indicating the condition requiring transportation
- In case of Mortal Remains, an official death certificate and a Doctor’s statement giving the cause of death
- Upon acceptance of the above claim, payment shall be done in Indian Rupees at the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the insured event
In case of total loss/delay of checked- In baggage, hand baggage, passport, financial emergency, Loss of International Driving license, Burglary cover, trip cancellation, Trip curtailment, trip delay, compassionate visit/ Rental vehicle damage,
- Notify the Overseas Administrator and provide them with all the required information requested by them
- In case of burglary, the insured person within 24 hours of having knowledge of the insured event shall intimate the insurance company
- In case of loss of checked-In baggage, Insured needs to get the Property irregularity report from the carrier and send it to the Indian Administrator
- In case of delay of checked-in baggage, details of the essential items purchased along with all original receipts should be sent to the Indian Administrator
- Apart from that, the insured also needs to report the loss to the police/Carrier and obtain a written report from them in relation to the loss and submit it to the Indian Administrator
In case of Personal Accident
- Notify the Overseas Administrator and provide them with all the required information requested by them
- Submit to examination by a medical advisor nominated by the Insurer or the Indian Administrator
In case of missed flight connection: Notify the Indian Administrator by sending in details such as details of the flights, the scheduled arrival to the place of delay, actual time of arrival and consequently the period of delay.
In case of personal liability
- Notify the insurance company about the claim made against you or the insured person
- The insured person needs to keep in his mind not to settle the claim, or offer any payment without the prior written consent of the insurance company
- Meanwhile, provide them with all the required information requested by them
Exclusions Under Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
This policy has some exclusion where the insurance company is not liable to pay if the claim arises and they are as follows:
- Any treatment if that is the sole reason or one of the reasons for the travel overseas
- Any treatment which could have been delayed
- Consequential loss
- The insurance company does not provide any benefit if the condition directly or indirectly caused by or associated with the military, air force or naval operations
- Alcoholism, suicide, attempted suicide, depression or similar condition that directly or indirectly cause illness or even death
- HIV, AIDS and all related medical conditions
- Any sort of medical or hospitalisation expenses incurred due to experimental or unproven medical attention or treatment
Advantages of Buying Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
The insurance company provides travel plans to cater to the diversified needs of its customers. Be it corporate, individual, family or student, they have a plan for each segment. These plans are designed to provide complete peace of mind to the policyholders when they are away from their loved ones and travelling to an overseas country. In addition to this, the following are the advantages of buying Cholamandalam Travel Insurance plans:
- For travel abroad claims, the insurance company provides easy and quick assistance. They have a team sitting round the clock to address such claims.
- Like other insurance companies, Chola MS does not ask for any health check-up or medical procedure for their travel insurance products.
- The insurance company has an extensive network of hospitals at different locations. One can avail cashless hospitalisation and easy claims with these policies.
- All travel insurance policies by Chola MS offers emergency medical and hospitalisation expenses incurred due to accidents or illness during the trip.
- The policies available under Travel Insurance category provides the insured member with evacuation to the home land. However, this benefit depends on the policy and plan chosen.
- Travel insurance plans by Chola MS cover the expenses of repatriating the remains to the country, in case of death during the course of the trip.
- The insurer will compensate if the aircraft is delayed for above 12 hours from the actual or scheduled departure time.
- These travel policies cover the expenses incurred in the process of obtaining a new passport.
- In case of permanent loss of already checked-in baggage, the insurer will compensate to the policyholder.
- In case of sudden financial needs due to robbery, theft or pilferage, a pre-defined amount will be paid as emergency finances.
Chola MS Travel Insurance Customer Support
In case of claim or any assistance regarding the policy, connect with Cholamandalam through the following toll-free numbers:
All other countries: +91 2267347848 (Toll-Free)
Within India: 1-800-209-5533