Cholamandalam Health Insurance plans provide peace of mind by paying the bills related to hospitalisation and treatment. Recovering from ill health can be a slow process if half the mind is pre-occupied with bill worries. Thus, health insurance, an important part of financial planning, plays an important role in dealing with such situations.
Types of Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
Cholamandalam General Insurance offers a bouquet of health insurance plans and policies:
- Hospitalisation Plans- Chola Healthline
- Critical Illness Plans- Critical Healthline
- Super Topup Plans- Super Topup
- Daily Benefit Plans- Chola Hospital Cash Healthline
Documents Required to Buy Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
To apply for Cholamandalam health insurance plans, certain documents need to be submitted for a smooth application process. These are:
- Application Form (duly filled and signed)
- ID Proof (Aadhar, PAN, Driving License, Voter ID, etc.)
- Address Proof (Aadhar, Utility Bills, PAN, Voter ID, etc.)
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate, Passport, Driving License, etc.)
- Income Proof (Salary Slip, ITR Details)
- Medical Report (for selected plans)
- Passport size photographs
Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
Chola MS provides health insurance plans that are designed to suit the needs of individuals and families. They must be chosen after knowing all the terms and conditions in detail.
This is a comprehensive health plan that is available for both families and individuals. The benefits of the plan can be availed under four different plans:
- Value Healthline
- Freedom Healthline
- Enrich Healthline
- Privilege Healthline
|Entry Age||18-65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 2 lakh-Rs. 25 lakh|
Under this plan, customers are provided with lump sum amount if diagnosed with any of the critical illness listed in the policy document. This plan is offered under 2 heads:
- Standard Plan (Covers 10 critical illnesses)
- Advanced Plan (Covers 12 critical illnesses plus ambulance charges up to Rs.1,000)
|Entry Age||5-65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 lakh-Rs. 10 lakh|
The plan is taken along with the base plan to meet higher medical expenses under both individual and family floater types. This plan is classified under 2 heads:
- Premier Plan
- Supreme Plan
|Entry Age||3-70 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 lakh-Rs. 25 lakh|
Chola Hospital Cash Healthline
Under this plan, a fixed daily allowance is paid for each completed 24 hours of hospitalisation for the miscellaneous expenses incurred during hospitalisation.
|Entry Age||3 months-65 years|
|Policy Term||1-3 years|
Cholamandalam Network Hospitals
Under Chola MS, there are more than 7,760 hospitals across the country. All these hospitals provide cashless claim facility during hospitalisation.
Claim Process for Chola MS Health Insurance Plans
- If you are hospitalised in one of network hospitals of Chola MS General Insurance, approach the Third Party Administrator (TPA) desk of the hospital and submit the necessary documents
- The hospital will contact Chola MS General Insurance Company to validate the authorisation for the treatment. If the company denies the request, no coverage will be offered, and you have to bear all the expenses
- If the insurance company accepts the request after an assessment, it pays all hospital bills
- On choosing a non-network hospital for treatment, inform the company about hospitalisation and get the claim registered. Pay the bills yourself once the treatment is done
- Then submit the bills and documents to the hospital. On receiving the documents, the company scrutinises them to verify the claim
- As soon as the documents and the claim are verified, the claim amount is paid to the claimant
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Claim form (Duly filled and signed)
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Photographs (passport size)
- Medical reports
- Hospitalisation bills
- Report of diagnosis
- Hospital bills
- Discharge summary
- FIR report (accidents)
- Any other document asked by the insurance company
Time Taken to Settle Claims
As per Chola MS, claim payment is released within a period of 30 days (in case of reimbursement) from the time of receipt of the documents. In case of cashless claims, it is 24 hours. However, the time can go up in case of any investigation.
Exclusions under Cholamandalam Health Insurance
There are few conditions and situations where Chola MS can’t provide coverage. Some of these exclusions are:
- Pregnancy and other related treatments
- Cosmetic surgery and/or related treatment
- Hospitalisation due to suicidal attempt
- Alternate treatments like acupuncture, naturopathy, etc.
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Treatment of pre-existing diseases for first four consecutive policy years
- Vaccination charges
- Treatment of HIV-AIDS
All the policies forwarded by the Chola MS have lifelong renewal option which means one can reap the benefits of the health plans for as long as they wish to. However, the policy is renewed before the expiry of policy. For this, there is also a grace period of 30 days.
Advantages of Cholamandalam Health Insurance
There are plenty of benefits that you can avail if you purchase the health insurance plans of Chola MS General Insurance. Some of the benefits are:
- Sum insured will increase by a certain percentage in the following year if the insured does not make a claim in the preceding year. This is also called a No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- There is a life-long renewal benefit on all health plans by Cholamandalam
- Provision of both pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization cover is provided to the customers
- There are some plans that offer coverage for both major diseases and accidents
- Coverage is also provided in case of domiciliary (home) treatment
- Some of the medical insurance plans have no upper cap for room rent
- Insured has access to tax benefits against the premium amount under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- Free check-up for every no-claim period of 2 years
- Almost 140 day-care treatments are covered under the plans
Customer Care Details
Check out the following details if you wish to contact Chola MS for their health insurance plans or any other service or product:
Call: 1800-200-5544 (India Only)
9144-3098 5300 (For
SMS: SMS “CHOLA” to 56677*
Address: Cholamandalam MS,
General Insurance Company Ltd.,
2nd Floor, “Dare House”
No. 2, NSC Bose Road,
Chennai – 600001, India
Q1. How can a Chola MS policy be cancelled?
Chola MS policy can be cancelled by visiting the nearest branch office and filling the surrender form. The premium will be refunded after deducting the applicable charges.
Q2. Are Cholamandalm Health Insurance Plans available online?
Yes. Customers willing to buy Cholamandalam Health Insurance online can visit the official website and apply for the same.
Q3. What are the modes of premium payment?
Customers can opt for both online as well as offline modes of payment for premium payment. For offline payment, customers can visit the nearest branch office of Cholamandalam. For online payment, customers can opt for Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, ECS and others.