A health insurance policy provides financial protection to the policyholder and the family in case of any hospitalisation, illness or treatment. Thus, on availing a health insurance plan, the insurance company pays for the medical expenses incurred by the policyholder. Various insurance companies provide an array of health insurance plans in India. One of them is Bharti AXA Health insurance that offers both individual and family plans.
Types of Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA health insurance provides various health insurance plans to cover any illness or hospitalisation. They are:
- Smart Individual Personal Accident Insurance
- Smart Health Critical Illness Insurance
- Smart Health Insurance
- Smart Super Health Insurance Policy
Documents Required to Buy Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
To buy Bharti AXA Health insurance plans, below mentioned lists of documents are needed:
- Age Proof (Voter ID, PAN, Birth Certificate, Driving License)
- Address Proof (Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport)
- Identity Proof (Voter ID, Aadhaar, PAN, Passport, Driving License)
- Passport-size Photograph
- Bank Proof (Cancelled Cheque, Bank Statement)
- Medical Reports
- Income Proof (Form 16, Employer’s Certificate)
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA provides three types of Health Insurance plan. One that provides accident cover, one that offers critical illness coverage and the other provides hospitalisation benefits. All these plans are specific in terms of what they offer. A comparison of these plans is explained below:
Smart Health Insurance
Under this plan, cashless coverage is assured. Free health check-up after four claim-free years is also provided.
|Entry Age||91 days-No Maximum Age|
|Sum Insured||Rs.3 lakh- Rs.5 lakh|
Smart Super Health Insurance Plan
Under this plan, restoration of sum insured is available. Critical illness cover is also provided as lump sum amount after 60 days of the commencement of the policy.
|Sum Insured||Rs.5 lakh- Rs.1 crore|
Smart Health Critical Illness Insurance Plan
This plan provides inpatient coverage for physiotherapy. It can also work as a family floater insurance, i.e., one family can be covered under the same plan with a consolidated premium.
|Entry Age||91 days-55 years|
|Sum Assured||Rs.2 lakh- Rs.60 lakh|
Smart Individual Personal Accident Insurance Plan
Under this plan, financial support is given in cases of death due to accident. It also provides children education fund. It is also portable when you can and can be transferred to other plans by the company at any given time.
|Entry Age||18-75 years|
|Sum Assured||Rs.2 lakh- Rs.5 lakh|
Different modes of buying Bharti AXA Health Insurance
Mentioned below are the steps required to buy Bharti AXA health insurance policy:
- Visit the official website of Bharti AXA Health Insurance at https://www.bharti-axagi.co.in/
- Click “Health”
- Click “Buy Bharti-AXA Policy” and then click “Submit”
- Enter your details and click “Submit”
- Click “Continue Buying”
- Fill in the given details and click “Continue”
- Make payment through different online modes
Bharti AXA Health Network Hospitals
As part of Bharti AXA Health Insurance, over 5,000 network hospitals provide cashless treatment to its customers.
Claim Process for Bharti AXA Health Insurance
There are two types of claim process- cashless and reimbursement.
- This claim is available only if using network hospitals of the company
- The hospital is to be informed about the details of the policy, along with completing the required formalities
- Inform Bharti AXA 4 days prior in case of planned hospitalisation
- Filled form is to be faxed or submitted at the help-desk
- Bill payment will be done after the required hospital forwards the documents to the hospital
- The company is to be informed within 48 hours of hospitalisation of the insured
- Insured pays the bill and gets all the original documents
- The required documents are to be submitted to Bharti AXA along with a claim form
- The payment will be released by the company within 21 days of receipt of documents
Documents Required for Claim Process
Here are the documents needed for filing and processing of claims. The company can ask for other documents as per the case.
- Duly filled in and signed Claim form
- Discharge summary
- Medical bill with detailed break up
- Original investigation reports
- Policy documents
- Cancelled cheque for fund transfer (reimbursement)
- Medical history of past ailment
Time Taken to Settle Claims
Claims are processed and settled on time only on the correct and timely submission of required documents. For cashless claims, the insurance company must be informed within 48 hours of hospitalisation. After this, the claim will be settled as soon as possible.
claims, inform the insurance company within 7 days from the date of discharge. Original and other necessary documents along with the claim form should reach the company within 30 days from the date of discharge. If approved, payment will be made within 21 days of receiving all documents.
To renew Bharti AXA health insurance plans, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit Bharti AXA website https://www.Bharti-axagi.Co.in/health-insurance-renew
- Fill in the details – policy expiry date, policy number, mobile number, name and email id. Then, click on “Continue”
- Choose the premium payment mode.
- After successful payment, renewal is done
Exclusions under Bharti AXA Health Insurance
Certain situations are not covered by Bharti AXA Health insurance plans. These are also called exclusions. Some of the cases for which claims are not entertained are given below. The list is not exhaustive.
- Cosmetic treatments
- Dental treatment
- Medical treatment outside India
- Claims related to pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, etc.
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Routine examinations
- Non-allopathic medical treatment
- Treatment for drug or alcohol abuse
- Mental illness treatment
Advantages of Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Some of the benefits of purchasing Bharti AXA health insurance plans are:
- Coverage of pre-hospitalisation as well as post-hospitalisation
- Lifetime renewal facilities available
- On certain plans, the insured is offered double the sum insured if diagnosed with the listed critical diseases.
- For some plans, there is no capping on room rent coverage
- Tax benefits on premium can be availed up to Rs 25,000 under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- For handling the health insurance claims, the company provides the services of a dedicated claim handler
- At the time of renewal, the customers are given a renewal discount of 5% (upper limit of discount is 25%)
Customer Care Details
To get in touch with the customer care for any queries or concerns, use the following methods:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call at toll-free number 1800-103-2292
- Request a callback by registering your number at the website
Q1. How can I purchase health insurance by Bharti AXA online?
You can purchase it through the company website. You can also contact their customer support team for assistance, if you face any issues.
Q2. Is it required to take the treatment in a network hospital of Bharti AXA to make a claim?
No, it is not a compulsion to get treated from a network hospital. You can get treatment from other hospitals, but the cashless treatment facilities can only be availed at the network hospitals.
Q3. Are the health insurance plans by Bharti AXA compatible with international medical treatments?
No, the company covers only treatments in India. Any treatment outside India is not covered.
Q4. What is the minimum coverage amount?
The minimum coverage amount is Rs 2 lakh.
Q5. What are the different modes of paying premium amount?
There are two modes for paying premium amount i.e. Offline and Online. For offline mode, customers are required to visit the nearest branch and pay the premium amount in cash. On the other hand, online mode consists debit card, credit card, net banking, ECS and others for payment of premium.